Formula for calculating remorseless recovery.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pale Rage, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Really hoping to get a developer's reply, as I'm trying to get this figured out a bit better.

1. What is the formula, or calculation, for remorseless recovery: which you heal based from percentage of dominance and resto, based on damage output. Could I get a little clarity, in example please?
    X amount of damage = y percent (resto) + z percent (dominance)?

2. Does transformation card reduce the amount of healing done by remorseless recovery?

3. If transformation does reduce remorseless recovery, would it be possible to allow remorseless recovery to critically heal to compensate for the reduction in it's base healing?
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

IIRC the old formula was recovery of 2/3 of the damage you dealt, capped at about 80% of your recovery + restoration in DPS role, but it was 1:1 in tank role. I don't know how it's calculated nowadays.
  3. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I don't know the numbers anymore, but resto does nothing for rage, atomic, and earth besides buff their shields. I sincerely doubt trans does anything for them either. Its probably just a wasted art slot.

Fire is the only one that gets much out of it otherwise. Ice uses it for hibernation as well but thats about it.

Well, I guess theres always pheromone bloom which they can all use.
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I've got a battle tank that I've been using for some time now, and I can assure you that resto does increase the healing from remorseless recovery (in 0 resto vs 100 resto). The release of survival mode had me curious on how it is all calculated, as I was/am trying to refine the build a bit.
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It likely wasn't the the resto and the enemies were just hitting you harder on the second test. It's all about the damage you do and the damage you take.
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Remorseless recovery only heals you based on the damage 'you do' called at a % of resto and dominance.

My damage out remains the same, I tested it on the same boss multiple times: with 100 resto, the heals are higher, with 100 dominance, they are also higher.
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

You might be thinking of severe punishment, which does heal back based on damage you take.
  8. DarkGodArkahn Level 30

ikr resto does benefit rage remorseless and his statement about atomic and earth got me laughing tbh but im out glad you typed it for me
    • Like x 1
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'll take his word for it if he tested it, but if atomic and earth benefit from resto outside of shield buffs... do tell where and how. I forgot about this topic.
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

they don't outside of the self heals with the immunities. Now that we have so many SP it's possible to take resto but no tank outside fire/ice should be specing resto at all, until they have dom & health maxed.
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

For a full tank build, Rage will need dominance and health max first, yes: but the build I was mentioning beforehand was a battle tank build, that also uses Clarion. So the resto spec + dominance works great for self sustaining healing.
  12. L T Devoted Player

When I tested it each tick was about 18.8% of resto+dom. It probably actually scales something like .68*(resto*30%+dom*25%)
    • Like x 1