Forget water and put shadow instead

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aixon Junior, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Aixon Junior New Player

The devs asked us about atomic tank and water healing instead of the normal experimental serums tank and atomic healing plan.

My friends and I think we should debate on whether or not water is the right power to give us at the moment. So far the top powers I have seen that has been asked for are water, atomic, and shadow. Atomic is gonna be ingame so let's take that off the list. I have also saw request ingame for music and wind, so I guess that could be part of the "power queue" list as well.

Idk about you guys but I think shadow sounds good. It's always sounded good. It always will sound good. Why does it sound so good? Because it is good. I have seen threads about shadow controlling, but I think shadow healing is OK as well. Imagine, you are using the darkness to heal your allies shadows, which heals their actual bodies. Hehehehehe me like a lot.

I think shadow is worth replacing water. Any thoughts?
    • Like x 4
  2. Reformed New Player

Should have ditched Munitions and made it:
    Water Controlling
    Serum Tanking
    Atomic Healing

This way we'd avoid the gadgets 2.0 comparison for controlling, and the fire 2.0 comparison for tanking.
    • Like x 1
  3. smoove76 Committed Player

Fixed it
    • Like x 6
  4. smoove76 Committed Player

Shadow controlling HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!! UP VOTE!!!
    • Like x 3
  5. mightybugthe1st New Player

I've never seen a single person request shadow powers in my 4 years on the game... but... it sounds like a much cooler and more original idea than lame water powers. I'd be down with it, but it's not gonna happen because there are too many unoriginal people that want the game to be just like other MMO out there. :rolleyes:
  6. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Instead of a water and shadow power how about elemental ^^?
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

absolutely not, if they did this then they lost my hope / $$ any time they do powers b/c I'll automatically deem them *** / trash.

if they do shadow or smoke it should be nothing but trolling
  8. smoove76 Committed Player

4 years??? Then where have you've been It's been brought up several times in the past Some ( including myself ) gone in to great detail about Powers, Name, abilities and interactions.. Maybe you just need to get away from all the Dear Diary threads with ppl asking others about what powers they should become, or they're upset about whatever, so they are canceling the sub, or even what they did in whatever content And worst yet ppl complaining about utility slots should be free...... LMBO SMH. I swear the forum is ripe with junk (Dear diary) threads.
  9. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

Check sig
    • Like x 2
  10. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Yes I'm hoping for shadow controlling in powerwave 4.

Also look at the new Shadowlands t4 duo in GU50. Makes you drool for Shadow...
  11. Makineko Committed Player

I'd have been for it if they'd have dropped Munitions for Shadow :(
  12. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I still think shadow should be an avoidance tank power. Controller makes no sense to me.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

The whole point of tank is not to avoid. Shadow/Darkness suits Controller purely and only. It'll make the first Magic based controller power. You can teleport (Like Quantum Tunneling), Make a shadow aura (Like Distract), Shadow Constructs for CC (Like HL), Dark Energy (Energy bombs, group power, Shields, etc), Shadow/Darkness pets and summoning and it would likely be the most diverse powerset to have anything and be any AM

Also it is completely different to Celestial.

Look at my sig and leapoffaithninjas.
    • Like x 1
  14. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I still don't see how you get power from a shadow. Tank makes more sense to me. Avoidance, just like ice with its shields.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

No shadow should be the next controller power.
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Beings like Shade/Culp receive their Darkness/Shadow powers from the Shadow lands, and can pass it on to their allies for protection and empowerment. It can pass as a tank, but suits controller mostly, and I think with Atmic being a tank probably, and that I'll like Serums in wave 4, there is no other power that can fit controller next except for Shadow/Darkness Manipulation.
    • Like x 1
  17. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I still think that's stretching.
  18. Captain Domino Committed Player

I'd still rather see an actual cosmic power set. Hell, I even had an idea of a power that had different abilities from various Greek gods/Heroes.

Shadow would still be cool to have though, water is meh to me, personally.
  19. Xanoth Dedicated Player

I do really want a shadow power, although we're due a new healer and tank power before we get another controller power. So I guess we'd have to wait either way, I just hope shadow is added in the future.
  20. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

I agree, we should forget water...We already have water...it's frozen and called ICE

The next power for healers should be in my opinion, BLUE LANTERN.

Tanks have a ring power: RAGE
    Trolls have a ring power: HARD LIGHT
    Healers have no ring power. This would be the perfect opportunity to add a ring power to the healing powerset

Blue Lanterns, healing class. I think it would work. It's definately better than all the other ideas out there. But i'll admit, shadow would sound pretty cool. Water is just straight up boring....silly...ice is water...but leave it dcuo to regurgitate bad ideas.