For those who think the sky is falling

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Feb 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solarbound Committed Player

See, this is my problem with you. You keep bringing up these evasive points that take away from the original focus of what was said. No one is trying to "instruct" you on how to think, but you've got some waking up to do. Every existing problem that we're discussing here, you're doing nothing but making excuses for them. Being a yes-man, having that weak mindset pretending as if everything is okay. The kind of trait which makes you seem absolutely oblivious to what's really happening.

I don't want to hear that nonsense about the player's choice to engage towards bad spending habits. That doesn't take away from the ill-practiced marketing schemes within the terrible business model that has existed within Daybreak. It's the kind of thing where players should be taking a stance. Blah, blah, blah, it's a business. There's this existing concept of good business vs. bad business. Gee, what side of that do you think Daybreak has been on over the past few years?

And, this is another one of things why I see you as being oblivious. No one disputed the FACT that the game has expanded onto different platforms. We were talking about the existing populations, remember? All of that means nothing when the respective player bases throughout are hardly enough to sustain them on such ends. Let's not ignore that FACT as that's exactly what's happening. The Xbox community, the Switch community, even those out in the EU have complained about their scarce population levels. That's not OPINION. That, sir, is FACT! So, why are we still playing pretend such problems don't exist, Doctor Time Lord???

Hardly oblivious??? Funny, you keep proving otherwise.
    • Like x 2
  2. Solarbound Committed Player

In reality we don't know??? Are you serious??? There are so many different factors that have occurred right in front of our faces since 2011 that have given us everything we need to be completely aware within such a situation. Our own gameplaying experiences, what players have said in the threads, reasons why such ill-practiced marketing schemes have come about, etc. So, yeah, I will disagree, heavily. Because I am not about join that bandwagon of feeding into such a blinded perspective.

Ever wonder why games like COD and Fortnite are still standing with millions of players? Why do you think DCUO can't do the same? See, when other game companies do for their communities what Daybreak simply hasn't, it defeats that whole argument. Oh, but DCUO is an MMO. Want to talk about the successes of WOW and FFXIV?

Yeah, I'll gladly disagree with you on everything you said there.
    • Like x 3
  3. Proxystar #Perception

When fortnite can do proper collaborations with Warner Brothers for DC related IP such as Harley skins and the like and Daybreak seemingly run in to roadblocks it certainly raises my eyebrow.
    • Like x 6
  4. Solarbound Committed Player

Exactly, thank you!
    • Like x 1
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Like i said. Thats what you think based on what we know. Which is limited to our experiences and. We aren't privy to any financials or numbers. Ive played those other games. Never said it was on that level never have. Its all relative. Game isnt perfect. Has issues. Been here though all of them. Yada yada. Im over it man. Its still here. Ima keep playing. Enjoy myself. Give feedback. Would i like to dc to grow. Of course. Can it. Of course. But i mean either play and give feedback or don't. Constant beating of a dead horse on these topics like DCs state or population or whatever. Im over it. It is what is. So yeah thats fine. I get it. Ive been here basically since the start. I know the issues the games had and the changes. But its here. We can say it dead or dying til the cows come home. Been there done that. Yall wanna keep bangin the drum have at it. Its nothing to me but white noise at this point. Ill keep playing and trying to improve the game through feedback. Are there things im unhappy about in game. Absolutely. But hey. We do what we can. Carry on friend.
    • Like x 2
  6. Solarbound Committed Player

Like I said, I heavily disagree. All of that is complete nonsense... friend.
    • Like x 2
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Meh. We arent in those meetings. Who knows. DCUO has a lot more content that needs to be approved than one off events in a BR.
    • Like x 2
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

All good my friend. Carry on
  9. Solarbound Committed Player

Indeed, friend, carry on.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I don't have to be in those meetings and as a customer, I frankly don't care about those meetings, i care about the end result, I form my opinion based on what's in game, and when i see other games appear to get content closely related to say movies as and when they come out, especially when those products aren't even DC products, then yes I am going to raise my eye brow and ask the question and i think we all should...

DCUO seems to often skirt around the IP, i mean ask yourself this, where's our tintable Harley hair so we can tint the pony tails, wheres our movie Harley outfit? And this is an actual DC product!
    • Like x 4
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Well one game is an mmo who's creating its own universe. Thier own unique stories. I dont think its fair to say just because we dont have tintable harley hair that we dont have HUNDREDS of other iconic items in game. Batman cowl. Flash cowl. On and on. Yeah in the beginning the game had a lot more restrictions it seems. But lately? Nah. The BR thing is a promotional thing. So of course they are going to rip it right from the movie. That doesnt appear to DCUOs focus. They seem to want to line it up to keep that immersion but tell their own story becuase the movie universe isnt this universe. But hey....the world may never know.
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

I never thought the game is dying or that the sky is falling. I am hopeful and pretty sure it will last a lot longer then we all think.
    I mean, it did survive 9 years. And It's doing pretty great compare to what people think. I hope now that the developers have more power in their hands, that we will see more fixes and more balance to powers, focus on gameplay, etc. Also, interesting read, very professional writing too. I would love to sit one on one and ask Jackster questions, too lol
  13. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I have absolutely no interest in what you want or don't want to hear. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

Don't like how they do business? Quit. or don't. Makes zero difference to me
    • Like x 1
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  15. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Really now? And what exactly are you looking forward to seeing?
    • Like x 1
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

coldchillin is right, though. Anything we can see about the game is extremely limited. It's like trying to take in a clifftop ocean view through a bathroom vent window. We can see what's happening in our phase, on our particular server, and even that's limited because there is so much about the game that is instanced and separate from one another. In the end what we as players end up seeing is more or less anecdotal because of all those limitations.

The devs have ALL the numbers, all the views. They can see how many players are taking part in particular instances and locations across all platforms and all servers. They KNOW. To go back to my example, they've actually got the bay window or open balcony to take in the view of the ocean. The best we can do is guess, and given how much actual information we have access to, those guesses are just as likely to be completely wrong and off-base as anything else.

It's not wrong to be concerned about what you might be seeing as you play the game, especially if it might seem off from past experiences. But trying to say that it's either a definitive or 100% accurate assessment of the state of the game is just setting oneself up for looking foolish.
    • Like x 3
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The livestream that Jackster suggested.
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Me too, but I have a suspicion he'd get up and walk out on me.
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

To make my position clear.

I do not care that one game is an MMO and one isn't, I do not care.

I care that the game I do play, is a DC product and despite the fact they at most occasions try to forge their own way a little they're also completely missing the boat when it comes to highly desirable cosmetics and marketing.

The movies would give the game free advertising because they could push movie inspired products around the same time, but obviously fortnite are quite obviously keen to jump on that boat.

So yes, i wonder sometimes whether the discussions are even taking place...

We should've had a harley movie inspired outfit during suicide squad and again during this movie and i don't mean some generic Harley outfit either i mean the actual movie outfit.

Put it on the marketplace and sell it to the players, get together with CW too start selling outfits inspired by those shows too.

Making legends character skins too, sell those instead of leaving pvp a wasteland...

These are all missed opportunities, instead of excuses like ho hum, unique universe, lets start asking where the cosmetics are, if we want the population of this game to grow then we need to start getting this stuff, not our 20th generic chroma variant...

I mean ask yourself this too, the games been out 9 years and we don't even have the most basic bunny ears or cat ears......

Like really......

Really....
    • Like x 2
  20. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Well its fine that you don't care. But it matters when comparing the two and the context of the conversation. You can choose to focus on all the stuff we havent got for whatever reason that are unknown to us. We dont know what they are allowed to do or if they have the time and resources. Or you can focus on all the iconic stuff we do have. And im not talking about its delivery method. Just that they exist. There will always be missed opportunities. Cant please everyone. Doesnt mean they're restricted. Or they could be. We dont know. But to act like we dont have tons and tons of iconic things in game and focus on the ones we dont have and compare it to a promotional thing? Eh
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.