For those that Missed PAX stream - Xbox only get Vapor Aura

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Apr 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea. I was pretty much joking tho. But ya know "never" sounds better then "not right now." Because it leaves the door open to be changed in the future. But like i said pretty much just joking around. If xbox got episodes a week b4 us at some point i wouldnt care. We legendary people get em a week b4 premium already.
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'd be irked if they do release them before Legendary can get them. I know they're new and shiny, but we're not red-headed stepchildren. It's not like I can be like most people on the forums and threaten to drop my sub, since I'm a Lifetimer, but I'm still here...LOL
  3. DarthJafo Committed Player

Well please keep at it. Make it work with them. If MS is offering then there's bound to be a way to make it work.

I'll check in with my pc characters off and on to keep them fresh just in case x1 doesn't have the retention to keep it going
  4. Giant Enemy Crab Level 30

More like: "Exclusives are required by MS if the title releases on rival platform first and then the developer wants to release on MS on a different date because that version is not ready or a version for that platform was created much later." For DCUO this would be the latter obviously.

It's incredibly normal and why you'll see Xbox games get some 'special exclusive feature' after that other places will miss out on cause it's pretty much the condition of even being allowed to release on the console.

Sony isn't exactly guilt free on this either for the record and has had some incredible asinine rules and regulations for releases as well (extra so for their PS1/PS2 days in the US) and I've seen Sony press for the same kind of stuff though willing to let a few times slide vs Microsoft who tends to not budge on their polices. If DCUO had released in the past, on the same day, they wouldn't get the special snowflake treatment they like so badly. It's not going to be the only thing they're getting either most likely.

Anyway, don't take this as MS bashing, or Sony Bashing, or anyone bashing. This is more so just information for those who aren't aware of the odd contract stuff that goes on behind the scenes and in many cases don't really allow devs to talk about cause they don't like them doing so. It's just the reality and the why they're getting their snowflake aura (and more.) My own opinions matter not on the situation cause the devs want to expand their playerbase and make more profit, which hopefully means a better game for everyone down the line.
  5. taylor0987 Well-Known Player

I don't think anyone is expecting you to flip a switch and make it happen, but rather asking that you actively engage the Xbox team and find out what steps are needed on both sides to eventually make it become possible--even if that means major changes on one or both sides.
  6. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Maybe not a lifetime but a reduced pricing for 3 month sub, similar to what PS is suppose to get around Xmass for $30, but we never did this past year. :(

Devs lost a revenue stream for two additional accounts just in my house hold. My wife and daughter both would have memberships if they offered the $30 3 month subscription pricing.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Oh wow, so basically Microsoft are like "sure you can release on xbox, if you give us special toys, only we can have"... That is entirely understandable from a "best for their own business" perspective, but at the same time absolutely disgusting.

At least, thanks for the response, Mepps.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

MS has very specific requirements on what would be and would not be allowed in implementing cross play, and as it stands now it would be a waste of time for us as an MMO. I can't go into further detail.
    • Like x 4
  9. Here2Help Devoted Player

And do you think that could change in the future? And if it does, would you take advantage of it?
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

My guess? No and maybe. But it's just my guess.
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

12. hintofcoolness Well-Known Player

For five years you buy a gal cars, clothes, diamond rings, things are cool and she treats you nice and then BAM! treating me like crap now and flirting with a new different guy and giving him the special treatment. Chicks, man, chicks.
    • Like x 2
  13. WarriorOfScotland Active Player

Let Xbox have the exclusive color locked aura, and put an adjustable color aura in the next PS/PC Booster Bundle.
  14. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Like how it works for ESO? Seeing as it's been the case since launch (for ESO), I don't mind it....but that sort of change in DCUO? That would rankle.
  15. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

I have that one, I usually take my medicine and stare at it until I am ready for bed. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Magnificent Loyal Player

I could always use another Back From the Hack feat. :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Seriously, like I get that we've had 5 years of exclusive items including the pre-order batman, hack feats/items, anniversary gifts, but that's just because it was a sony game. What's the point of developing something that people will clearly want on both consoles just for 1 of them? Stupid.

You're not going to attract more players because you're giving away a vapor aura, but you might make some PS/PC players who have put up with over a year of **** pretty happy.
    • Like x 2
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'm judging the book by what came out of the book's mouth. Covers are covers, sure - who knows what the guy with the sword fighting the dragon's really up to, or even if there's a dragon in the book, right? But no, you spoke and betrayed a lack of functional knowledge.

The book thought the 17,000,000 characters on dcuolive.com represented the actual in-game player base, instead of being mostly a graveyard for level 3 characters and a storing place for stat lookups for those of us messing around with multiple end-game alts.

The book also thought that 27 people was a low statistic for approval on the forum here. While the book is correct in assuming that 54,000 end game characters (not players, hell, four of those characters are mine alone) is more than 27 actual people, apparently the book doesn't know that major in-game decisions have been determined by forum input of groups half the number in size.

Or, to use a more apropos metaphor : do not claim to be an iceberg and then pretend like you don't know how icebergs work.
    • Like x 2
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

So what you're really saying is we need to hack Microsoft's Xbox servers...
    • Like x 1
  20. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Yea I was thinking how they do ESO I can see Xbox demanding that the Xbox version gets everything first that's just how they and it's one of the many reasons I wouldn't play an Xbox if I was given one for free.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.