FOOTBALL!!!! Week 4

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Faust74, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Faust74 Loyal Player

The struggling Texans take on a hot Falcons at their nest. Texans defense are gonna have are long day if they can't contain Falcons' RBs and of course Jones.

Still waiting on Vince Wilfork to show up, I thought Patriots let him go because they didn't want to pay him, but now I am starting to wonder if it was for other reasons. Clowney is getting better with each game and JJ will be JJ. If he is getting double & Tripled team again. Someone else on the D-line is freed up to make a play.

Mallett has been getting better with each game as well. So I am hoping that trend continues. A lot of dropped ball from the Texans Receivers. Pretty sad that these so-call professionals are having trouble catching Mallett's passes because he throws the ball too hard. :rolleyes:

Lastly, Texans FINALLY cut their Kicker Randy Bullock. He was never loved by Texans fans. In fact they nicked named him "Fat Randy". The nick name is mean, but I am actually glad he is finally gone. Waste of a 5th round pick, by Kubiak. I heard the guy was money in College, but for whatever reason he was very inconsistent since joining the Texans.
    [IMG]

Anyways, GO TEXANS
  2. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Falcons gonna win that easily.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Talked about it already in last week's football thread, Miami faces the Jets in London and Detroit travels to Seattle for a Monday night game.

Overseas divisional game for one team and a tough road game for ANY team for the other, with both Miami and Detroit struggling. I can hope, but I'm not going to be surprised if things don't go well for them.
  4. Dynagirl Committed Player

LOL! And now you got Nick Novak for your kicking woes. Just don't expect a lot of power behind those kicks. That was his major problem here in San Diego. Every kickoff seems to land between 5-12 yard marks. His accuracy was good though. I think he only missed 4 out of 26 last year.
  5. BlazeChamp Committed Player

He was on my fantasy team ._.
  6. Faust74 Loyal Player

I figured I would hear from you. Yup, it's strange how bad kickers just get passed around like a hot potato from team to team. Wouldn't doubt it if Bullock gets picked up by another team as well. Only reason I knew who Nick Novak was because he got into trouble for urinating on the sidelines during a game.
  7. Dynagirl Committed Player

I totally forgot he did that.:D Maybe Bullock will become a Steeler now after what happened. Bet they all missing suishem now
  8. Faust74 Loyal Player

Colts QB out against Jaguars, good news for Jacksonville. Jay Cutler back for the Bears, good news for Oakland. :p

Foster is a game time decision for the a Texans. Should would like to have him on my Fantasy League line up against an Atlanta Defense that has trouble stopping RBs.
  9. Faust74 Loyal Player

Falcon up 24-0 and still 2 more quarters to go.

[IMG]
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

28-0 at the half so ya.

My Cards play the tough Rams, the team that knocked out both of our #1 and #1 QB's last year and knocked out Big Ben this year. Considering that their defensive coordinator is the same ***** that was putting up bounties with the Saints, I'm surprised the league isn't looking at things closer. Hopefully we're 4-0 at the end of the day.
  11. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Snooze fest weekend. No Pats game.

Talk about a snooze fest, I think the Texans are sleepwalking thru their game against the Falcons. The Texans look terrible. Ugh.... Houston, we have a problem!

Cowboys should have an easy time tonight against the lowly Saints.

Go Pats!
  12. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

Jets 27 - Refs 14. All jokes aside there is a new record that occurred in the Jets-Dolphins game. The Jets force the Dolphins to get a three and out within 21 seconds. The previous record was 25 seconds, courtesy of the Steelers in 2003.
  13. Faust74 Loyal Player

Final Score 48-21

Hoyer takes over on the 4th Quarter and help score 21 points. Looked like the Falcons were feeling sorry for the Texans and gave them some pity points. As if things weren't bad enough, the last play of the game the Texans try for a last second TD, but instead fumble the ball and Falcons pick it up and run it all the way back for another TD..... Geez.

Things won't be getting better any time soon either with the Texans having a short week and facing the Colts for Thursday's Night game.

[IMG]
  14. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Jets looking like the best defense in football. Well see how they fare up against the best offense in the Pats in a few weeks.
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Which is what made the Jets' performance against Philadelphia last week so bizarre. The Eagles offensive game has been, at times, offensive, so seeing the Eagles take it to the Jets like that was weird.

As for the Dolphins, ugh. :confused: And even with reports of Lynch being ruled out for Monday night's game against the Lions, I'm not expecting to come away from that game with a different reaction.
  16. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

Certainly does but we'll see in week 7. If they can contain the Brady to about 20 points I'll be convinced.

Jets have never won against the Eagles and rarely win in Pennsylvania. My guess is due to whatever Namath did to win SB III lol. The dolphins were in worst shape than I thought. I thought for sure Suh would dominate Jets RG Brian Winters (known for being a turnstile.) Phins offense probably wouldn't have scored anything if it wasn't for those penalties. The only player that showed up was Jarvis Landry. Everyone else was no where to be found.
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yeah, a lot of people were saying the same kinds of things about Buffalo's defense going into the NE/Buffalo game, and the Patriots lit them up.

From what I keep hearing about Suh, he's still getting at least double-teamed and Miami had a good defense to begin with last year, so the thought was that, at the very least, the attention given Suh would free up the rest of the D-line to make some plays. That just hasn't happened. And you can bet with the amount of money both Suh and Tannehill were paid, there's gonna be some serious grumbling about their performance. Probably already is some grumbling.
  18. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Well technically the Eagles didnt score in the 2nd half and they got a free TD pretty much off the world's dumbest lateral by Brandon Marshall late in the 2nd qtr. Even despite that and the Jets missing both Decker and Ivory, the Jets had their chances to send it to OT and they choked.
    • Like x 1
  19. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Yea, but thats the Patriots. Theyre the best team in football and they look unstoppable right now. Not only that, i definitely dont think Bills have a top 5 defense like people were saying to begin the season. Top 10 maybe, but not top 5. Jets are best or 2nd best defense so far. Key words there is "so far".
  20. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

There's most likely some grumbling, especially since Suh carries a 28 million cap hit.

Yeah it's true but I think the Jets didn't prepare too well. Fitz was having success with short and intermediate routes (IIRC) but the playcalling was mostly deep passes or runs. I was also upset that they didn't give Kerley a bigger role in the Eagles game. Enunwa has dropping passes left and right, Cumberland has stone hands, and Devin Smith is a rookie. But that game is already done now. At least in this game they corrected some mistakes.