FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!! Week 12... Again!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Faust74, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Faust74 Loyal Player

[IMG]

Thanksgiving Day Football: Cowboys vs Panthers, Eagles vs Lions, Packers vs Bears

Figured I'd get the Football thread going a day early, since most of us will be too busy stuffing our face and watching a lot of Football tomorrow.

So Manziel is benched again and probably done for the season and maybe even done with the Browns. Heck he may even be done in the NFL. Only team I can see gladly taking him is the Cowboys, they love picking up players with big time personal issues.

So Matt Schump is Back! Enjoy those Pick Six Raven fans.

I missed those days when the Oilers vs the Cowboys on Thanksgiving day. It didn't happen every Turkey day, but when it did, it was intense. Things got ugly at the Dinner Table with so many Oliers and Dallas fans taking crap to each other. I know the Tv rating wouldn't be high since it'll mainly be a Texas viewing audience, but the NFL needs to do a Texans vs Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

So anyways the Texans vs Saints. Hopefully, the Saints being a terrible road team trend continues. Any team with a good QB facing the Texans worries me. But, the Texans Defense is starting to come alive and playing some good coverage. I'd love to see JJ Watt get to Bree's as he did against Fitz. What really worries me is that Hoyer is back. I rather take my chances with Yates, than go back with Hoyer. Yeah he has been playing some decent Football, but Hoyer is a turn over machine. It's gonna happen and it'll happen at the worst possible time. His passes look weak and everytime he throws the ball I'm clinching my teeth, fist and cheeks. The guy scares me!
  2. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Glad Romo is back, but cam is on fire ,... Panthers
    Like to see lions win to knock eagles down, but ...... Eagles
    Bears n cheesits, good rivalry, b a good game ,..... Cheesits
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Two toss-up games for my teams.

Detroit gets Philadelphia tomorrow. Detroit's been playing better AND they're getting a team that's been struggling of late. But with the shorter week, there's no telling what kind of shape either team will be in for the game. If I absolutely had to, I'd give the nod to the Lions for it being both a home game and having some momentum from two straight wins. But with how both teams have been playing, you can never really tell what will happen.

Meanwhile Miami gets the Jets. Both teams have struggled and are coming out of losses, so both are looking to get back on track. And with both teams having to play strong for the rest of the season for a wild card shot, as much as I hate to use the cliche it may just come down to who wants it more.
  4. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Lets hope the Cowboys throw the Panthers a wrench tomorrow and give them their 1st loss. This game looks like it might be the game of the day. Romo back, shrugs off a week of rust, can definitely happen. (But.... I doubt it).

Packers and Bears could be good too if Cutler can stay out of his own way.

The Eagles are done. Rumors from the Eagles locker room are that the team has quit on Chip. Once you start hearing rumors that a team has quit on their coach, more times than not, its right on the money.

Now on to the Pats baby! This weeks game AT Denver will be the Pats toughest test this year. Going up against arguably the best defense in the NFL is not going to be easy with this injury riddled offense the Patriots now possess. HOWEVER.... The Patriots have a pretty darn good defense as well. The Patriots always have a tough time in Denver, so expect this game to go right down to the wire.

And speaking of them Pats, not only did they pull out the win vs Buffalo, they kept it close enough to not go over the 7.5 point spread. Now here I am in a 2-3-1 hole with an even steven record closer and closer within my grasp. This week I am going with the Carolina Panthers -1.5 at Dallas Cowboys. The small line on this game is just to good to pass up. Usually in the betting world when something appears to good to be true then it most always is. However the Panthers are on fire right now and I dont think the Dallas Cowboys can rise to the challenge and knock these guys off. Heres to hopefully coming out of week 12 at 3-3-1.

Go PATS! Happy Thankgiving! And have safe travels everyone!
  5. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Must be a eagles fan
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Hey, as a Lions fan I was saying pretty much the same thing in that game. Detroit came to play today and they played well. Now if they could only play that way consistently...
  7. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Sure, make sure the other teams are hurting n no problem
  8. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Dallas cowboys cheerleaders strutting it on stage, more enjoyable than the game :D
  9. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

And Romo goes down again, sit out the rest of the season already, come back stronger next year
  10. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

So far , bears n packers is the better game of the day
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Cards finally catch a reprieve this week as we go to SF and play the hapless 49ers. Hope we don't choose this week to take off.
  12. Faust74 Loyal Player

What was so incriminating about that video of Manziel partying, that he had to lie and it got him bumped down to 3rd string QB?

Assuming I watched the correct video that got him in trouble, all it showed was him drinking a bottle of champagne and singing alone to the music. Is he not suppose to drink at all or something?
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, considering he went through a rehab stint, him drinking is a probably considered a bit of a no-no.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If some of the reports are correct, Johnny didn't help matters much by trying to lie about it AND trying to get the people who took the video to lie about it as well. That's doubling down on dumb behavior right there.
    • Like x 1
  15. Faust74 Loyal Player

I guess he must have made a verbal agreement with the Browns that he was done with drinking & partying. Otherwise, why lie about it? He wasn't acting like a fool or said anything offensive in the video that I saw.

But if that is the case, then Manziel is a fool. Nowadays you can't go anywhere where there is not someone with video camera. He is a celebrity, where ever he goes in public, someone is going to take a photo/video. Heck, the video I saw, it was obvious the guy was recording Manziel and he stared right into the cell. If someone is holding their cell 2 feet away from their face, they are recording a video or taking a pic. People love to brag when they get to hangout/meet a celeb and post it on the Net "Hey Look Who I met!"
  16. Faust74 Loyal Player

Texans win 24 - 6

Texans Defense shut out Drew Brees. Surprised to see the Texans actually use their Tight Ends for a change. Running game looked decent too, but it didn't happen against a terrible Saints Defense. Texans still share 1st place with the Colts, but what do you expect in the most toughest Division in the AFC. :p. Next stop Buffalo.

[IMG]
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

One out of two for my teams, as the Dolphins got beat down by the Jets.

Starting to get the feeling that Miami's interim head coach won't be keeping the job unless they can win out from this point. They've winless against their division opponents, and that never really goes over well with fans (much less management). Even with one more game against New England coming up at the end of the year at Miami, it's tough to see them beating the Patriots. Even if it ends up being a meaningless game in terms of the playoffs, New England never lets off the gas.
  18. BigAl Devoted Player

My Redskins now have tied for NFC East lead......

at 5-6 :oops:
  19. Faust74 Loyal Player

Patriots star players are dropping like flies! :eek:
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As did their perfect season hopes. :eek: I wasn't sure if a Peyton-less Broncos team could beat them, to be honest.

Now all that's left is to see if anyone can stop Carolina.