Food for thought - lazy trolls....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Juiceman936, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

For the life of me.... I can't understand why and how trolls complain about being a battery. IT'S YOUR JOB TO KEEP THE GROUP POWERED. Plain and simple. That is absolutely the dumbest complaint.

Try trolling when hard light was jump canceling and super clippable.
  2. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Wanna know why Trolls complain about being a battery? Because every single Troll is expected to carry the exact same loadout regardless of their powerset, and their whole playstyle consists of nothing but pot-dump-dump-dump-SC. That's why. No one ever made a character in a superhero RPG with the goal of only tapping a generic power every two seconds that does nothing for themselves. Well some surely do but many seem to be dissatisfied with playing a copy-paste power dump spammer.
    • Like x 10
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  4. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Don't forget 3D glasses :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Our job is to give power back make sure the group has p.o.t and Debuff the boss/adds. in the revamp I'll be the first one to say it" you will take care of your own power management while i debuff bosses/adds and give back power when i feel like it, don't like it well have a nice day.

it's that simple
    • Like x 3
  6. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Lol wow, he flat out said be a battery and shut up.

Hey, you know what? F*** you man.
    • Like x 7
  7. Controller Devoted Player

lol another thread bashing my favorite role?

[IMG]

[IMG]

I'll let Michael in previous post handle the popcorn. We just need some Coke or Sprite and we'll be good.
    • Like x 3
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Trolls always need theirs soda's i got it covered

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. Controller Devoted Player

In the latest content alone (JSA) I'm finding that my "role" is not only to give power AND recharge.

I also grab one of the switches on the Gentleman Ghost Boss in US raid.

Pick people up - always.

Build up my Supercharge by giving damage out. Those Power-replacing Group Shields provide defense to raid party as well.

Heal and Defense debuff Herr Sauer (1st boss JFAR).

Move / Roll out of AOE - always - especially on US last boss. Blocking on skulls helps a lot as well.

Use my Light Rays to assist Tank in holding adds in place.

We're more than Batteries.

I'm hoping / praying that our role remains as important once the revamp comes about.
    • Like x 4
  10. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Participating in objectives and using basic combat mechanics isn't a Troll mechanic. Debuffs on live right now are basically useless.

Using group shield SCs is just proving the point that Trolls are batteries. It's one of a grand total of 3 Power heal mechanics that are the exact same for every powerset and that literally every Troll is expected to do. The only exception is Gadgets' Battle Drone and fortunately that is "corrected" in the revamp where it will be yet another copy-paste group shield SC.
  11. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

OMG, yall are pathetic. I have played every role in this game. I'm not saying don't use debuffs. I'm saying keep the group powered. I am not saying don't do pick ups. I'm saying keep the group powered.

If you wanna troll for the top dps burners in the game. U yourself have to be a top controller. I don't even dps. 2 toons- Atomic tank 200 277 and electric heal 201 269. Know your power. Don't spam dumps and pot.

I never thought I would have to say this--trolls stop spamming your POT
    It says over time. Watch the lightning bolt under your name
  12. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

How about no? You're not a troll so have no right to comment. How about you keep being (lets face it, there's a 98-99% chance you are) an average tank and I'l keep being an exceptional troll by not doing what you think I should do? Food for though indeed.
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

Your correct our role ia to keep group powered. Unfortunately more and more everyday Cpt pew pew wont do switches, pick ups etc..

So if youd like the solo heal to start doing that (you'll be dead btw) fine. Otherwise there will be times your power bar wont be topped off. Its not that hard but sometimes you gotta reach for that soder.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Then you'll be seeing a lot of loading screens if things remain how they are, just saying lol.
    • Like x 4
  15. Gimpy Loyal Player

I've played with and trolled for quite a few "Top DPS", 1 thing in common with a "Top DPS" is they know how to "conserve/use/recharge" their power by using it wisely and with purpose. they don't rely on the Controller to keep them powered, they rely on the "control over the crowd". (which is slowly being "dumbed down/removed" for some reason)

I'm sure my view of what "Top DPS" actually means differs from yours' greatly.

It seems you think it's only those who sit at #1 on the SB, burn through their power, don't use soders, don't use SDs, don't do pickups, hell they don't do anything but BURN BRO BURN!!! and most of them just keep dying over and over again bi^ching they need picked up for the umpteenth time so the pet can be called back out and do the "damage" they can't afford to lose and be #3 losing face in front of their peers..

While I've seen what I consider "Top DPS" do whatever is needed to finish content as a GROUP , because those types of "Top DPS" aren't chasing the #1 spot to prove " We b LEET BRO!!!".

Instead they are chasing the completion of the instance so they can move on to the next in the shortest amount of time and stress possible.

I'm not your personal battery to keep you "charged" so you can just spam your HoT or supply you with power to keep up your "aura" by spamming powers over and over and over.
    • Like x 1
  16. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I have a feeling the troll role will be in high demand then.

Even with auto-PoT, the way they are making the content sound, there is going to be some tears and arguing in runs.

That burn though, debuffing always help with burn, outside of a controlled group of friends it can make or break a run.

But like true hero's Controller's are always under appreciated.

Sigh...it is really easy being a battery, to only focus on 1 thing, power dumps,...

I hope when they do come back to revamping Troll's, they do look to improving our CC'ing and debuffs and just give the power heals to the healers.

There are plenty of Adds and NPC's that need Controlling, they just need there effects buffed to make them matter a whole lot more.
    • Like x 2
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

I did troll back then. And is the role called controller? Or battery? Have u ever read the description of what a controller is? And because u disagree with someones opinion on how trollers should be it means their complaint is dumb? Well here ya go, i think being a battery is stupid ;) And then ya call people pathetic? Have u ever left your house and been out in the real world? Is that your reaction whenever someone disagrees with your opinion? To insult and call names?

Now my main is a troll and i give the group power and will continue to debuff and stun. I know how to troll. And ill figure it out after the revamp too. But it doesnt mean i like the way it is. Lastly, u got a link to where the devs have said controllers are only batteries and nothing else?
    • Like x 2
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

a few days ago i queued into one of the new alerts on my healer. i joined a group with two dps and a troll. one dps was pretty top tier, 200 or 201 cr, the other was just under. the troll was pretty low, like 191 or 2. We get to the first boss quickly with no issues when the 200+ dps begins typing to the troll to switch to dps, trolls arent needed. troll ignores him and as we move on the dps doesn't let up. when we finally get to the last boss (it was wc) the 200+dps decides to go limp, the other dps wasnt strong enough to provide any burn, the 200+ dps begins spam typing how useless the troll was, not needed in alerts, wasting his time.

i let the group wipe, typed to the beastly dps that he was the one wasting our time, started a vote to kick, reopened the queue and in pops a 202 dps who was happy to let us finish off the laert in no time flat.

this is why we see so many trolls who don't understand what to do in content.

unlike dps'ing or healing or even putting out power "controlling" is not something you can measure in numbers. a good troll will make your dps better and any piece of content run smoother.

i could understand if the troll was actually doing a bad job. pot was never thrown, no beduffs, no power dumps, keep getting ko'd but it wasnt the case here. i could understand if there was a burn issue, but frnkly all you really need is one good dps and the alerts are cake, the 200+ dps showed a herd mentality level of stupidity that brings the game down.

this applies to players who screw over healers and tanks in duos and alerts as well. sometimes when i see mass shouts for healers in lfg i feel like typing "dont you wish you were nicer to that healer yesterday in the wayne manor duo?".
    • Like x 3
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Here is tip, fight by the other door in the ghost room in US and the switches can be ignored. Also ya dont need a heal debuff for the 1st boss of JFA if ya simply take the shield down. I dont agree with the OP at all. But part of the reason people say stuff like that is because as a troll ya dont need to even bother with this stuff most of the time.

Moving out of AOEs and doing revives are things every player can/should do. Even average tanks wont need any stuns because they can stun themselves or juggle or use emitters. Just saying :p It just goes to show we pretty much are batteries but i know many of us who troll would rather things be different.

Debuff adds? Like crimson said in this thread already the debuffs are pretty much useless and have been for awhile. Especially on adds ;) This is why many of us wanted controlling changed during the revamp instead of reverting back to batteries.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Debuffs were buffed to 20% effectiveness, which I think is a big difference from live, I do still think they should be at least 30, but personal opinion.

I don't understand why it's so hard for them to just let PoT stack... That won't fix everything but it'll help tremendously.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.