Flashpoint Confusion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by catplaysxoxo, May 5, 2021.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

So I didn't realize there's two versions of the Speed Force Cells. I got two for free when the DLC dropped I managed to level them up to rank 11 only to find out I have to purchase the real ones at the vendor. Why is this like this?? Thankfully I didn't have to waste time ranking the real ones to rank 11 as I used the substandard versions to break them down. Salvaged Brutal Logical Wings can only be obtained by doing the normal or elite version of the raid but once you get it you can buy it from the vendor. I don't understand that logic, am I missing something?
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

One of cells is for low levels who are trying the event version, the other one is endgame. They started this new system of giving you free OP items you can level up in the past episode, it's that way so you have a free version of the wings and can buy more in case you (weirdly) want to or because you deleted it by mistake.
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Hmm I kind of get it. I mean if you accidently delete items you can always pay to bring them back. I guess this is just another way around it. For the Brainiac back piece that is. For the speed force cells well couldn't they just have the real ones instead of the substandard ones. I been running the new content since it came out and I never noticed there where two different versions, My eyes were more on the Ultimate style. Considering that the OP back piece cost 10 Wayne marks it'll be easier to obtain it. The one that drops is still tied to RNG is it not? Furthermore why would you be able to obtain it in the elite version of the raid when it can drop in the normal version. People don't want to struggle in elite versions as I was told in another thread.
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They're not "Substandard" Augments, they are augments for lower level toons. It wouldn't make sense to give a lower level toon significantly higher stats that they are not at the right level for. Once you get to the appropriate CR you then put those augments into the endgame level augments, no problem.

The OP back that drops in the raid after attaining the mission is not tied to RNG (other than the catalysts needed to level it up, and even that is helped with catalysts in the vendor). If you run the raid it is guaranteed to drop. The vendor version is like KneelBefore/Zodd stated, in case you need a second one (for different mods or whatever) or if you salvage it by accident (which does happen occasionally).

Some people jump into Elite day one and only run elite until they get full renown. If it didn't drop there people would be rightfully pissed. Plus what's the problem with it dropping in Elite if it also drops in regular? There's no inconvenience or issue.

Some people don't want to "struggle" in Elite, that's true. Others prefer Elite. It's not a necessity, merely a preferential option.
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yes I get it now, options.
    • Like x 1