Flash Duo Speed Feat

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by EP Ice, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

When this duo first came out many, MANY people (myself include) complained about the scenes counting against us. As you can see, it never changed.

The feat is pretty doable with T4 but even moreso now with T5 gear now being much easier to get.
  2. Voltage Source New Player

I only brought it up because people have been complaining about not being able to do things one or two tiers below their level and that makes me think of over CR FoS runs. I don't know your gear, power, CR, SP, player skill, but you are three whole tiers above the content. Yes the cutscenes eat up time, yes it is frustrating, but it can be done. Don't really know what you were expecting when you brought your tier into the complaint. If it was just the complaint on its own, I would not have gotten a skewed message in my mind. We all know it's been cutscene heavy since the beginning. The issue has been brought up. If you're bringing tier into this, then the message I get is, "I'm T5, I can't do T2 content. I'm above average as DPS. The content as it is, is too hard for even a T5 player. Please address the issue." It doesn't sound very good. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you or was abrasive.
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Alright, fair enough. Let me ask a question to the community: Has anyone gotten this feat wearing T2 gear, e.g. at CR 56-60?

I'm sure the developers did it at that level, but that also know which enemies can be skipped and probably other tricks that most players have not learned about the instance. I'd be interested to know whether a T2 player has done it. It's by far the hardest duo speed feat, in my opinion.
  4. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

screw the speed feat, any managed to get the dont destroy the music creator thingy feat? everytime i try i manage to spash damage one...
  5. Voltage Source New Player

1 - Go really slow.... Stand at the entrance of each room and hard lock range attack mobs, they'll come to you. Beat them well out of the range of the music. Don't use powers at all. Weapon combo them to death.

2 - Run through everything while popping shields, get to large open area, nuke. Use colas to survive.

3 - I'm pretty sure the feat is to not destroy any, you can still hit them, but you can't break them. I could be wrong.
    • Like x 1
  6. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

yeah you can hit them, but i would prefer to avoid them all together. ill take your advice.
  7. ItsRem Well-Known Player

I'm assuming that you are from the Rebels and are USPS3 judging by your signature. If you are, and you and (or) your friend still haven't gotten it, add me on Jay Syn and I'll help y'all both...
  8. EP Ice Loyal Player

I appreciate your offer but that is not the point of discussion here. The point is that the cut scenes are long and counting against the players when they shouldn't. I am simply stating that it should be looked at and fixed. Thanks again
  9. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

The time feat was already requiring ridiculous over-gearing (full T3) back then, but with the npcs using pvp mechanics, the overall time to beat has been drug out an average 20-30 seconds unless nobody makes a single mistake in the boss fights (impossible with the current server response time). T4+ gear makes up for that, however, but the point remains that this mission broke the trend for speed feats and set the bar unreasonably high. The devs had more sense in the past to adjust this when the same occured in the metro courthouse duo, and subsequently released reasonable duo times afterward (ie: shady nightclub/t3, etc). They aren't drinking the wrong kool-aid all the time, but it happens too often. Spotted a few issues with the new T5 duos as well, far as balancing goes. Also ran Inner again recently to see if the bugs were addressed, and it continues to be ignored. Really, the trend is just going to continue, if not worsen as they'll have to worry about consuming resources on the PS4 code too.
  10. Gwalir Loyal Player

My guess is even if they removed the clock counting down during cutscenes, it wouldn't help any. I say this since the devs picked the times they did so as to be a challenge, and removing it would likely mean they would lower the time needed to compensate.

For example, if Duo #1 currently has a speed feat time of 6 minutes and makes us wait through 30 seconds of various cutscenes, the devs will probably just lower the speed feat to 5 minutes and 30 seconds if they made the clock stop counting. In either case though, we would still have just five and a half minutes of playing our character to complete the Instance.
  11. PODER INFINITO Well-Known Player

Hi , just like people is being saying, it was a hard feat back on those days i even remember myself not being able to complete it, after i was almost full t4 i was able to do it, i obviously did it with a dps partner being full t4 and the damagr was almos the same.
    I did it again this week with my leaguemate for my Joey carachter, we were both full t5 and even with the cinemátics, we finished it under 6:25 give or take.
    Enough jibber jabber, if u didnt get the feat it was because the overal damage from both player just wasnt enough to kill the bosses really fast, or because u guys r the kind of man that says " no survivors" and u got legt behind just because a tini Tiny add.
    I wouldnt qualify this as a BUG. The feat requieres to complete the dúo under 7 min or less, and the cinematicas are needed to complete that feat.
    GL getting the feat, if u r on the USPS3 I could help u to get the feat :D
  12. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Adding in that orbital strike boost II will further increase advantages. That saying, it's still a bit much for a duo feat so far from the 'at gear level' norm. At launch you couldn't complete it if you were particular power types unless your partner could compensate. You didn't need that extreme for any of the speed feats prior to this one. Nearly all of the prior speed feats permitted enough time to kill every enemy along the way, and this was the first that required skipping over enemies and eating tons of abuse along the way. Likewise, not every power set has a shield that will permit normal speed through the sound amplifier traps. It's the oddball of the lot.
  13. Disasterpiece New Player

Brice Allen and I did it before Battle For Earth DLC, before R&D or mods were implemented in nothing but full T3 and a CC weapon. Half of the trick is knowing to jump OVER the metal detectors intead of going through them (walking through sets off the alarms and spawns more guards). The other half is strategy and communication.

With the gear you have, of you're struggling to get it, then you aren't communicating with your teammate as well as you could be. There are parts where you need to split up, and parts where you need to stay together.

Success in this game isn't always about finding ways to do more damage in less time.
    • Like x 2
  14. iLLusion New Player

First thing that came to my mind when I've read the title of this thread, was exactly this run of Brice and you. It was one really impressive achievement back then, just as it is now after all this time.
    • Like x 1
  15. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Why did it take you 1:20 to beat Abra? You should of able to drop Abra in 20 seconds. After defeating Abra, it takes about 30 seconds before the last cut scene comes in. That is the major issue, the last cut scene and how long it takes to activate it.
  16. EP Ice Loyal Player

That's the issue we did burn Abra in about 20-30 seconds. We just stood around waiting after that. When I looked at the clock it said 6:50 after we had been standing there for a bit and then the cut scene came in.
  17. TheRealDeathern New Player

The feat is douable as is, I've helped several league mates get it. Go with super charges up, skipping adds will slow you down as they will attack you from behind, just burn them as you go for a smoother run. Stay out of the side rooms, stay on course and dont worry about taking out the computers/cameras.

You may fail a couple of times at first. Keep trying until you get it. If you fail at first, alter your loadout, change your strategy slightly, there is no way you shouldn't get this as two T5. Orbital strikes, super charges on bossess only and you shouldnt have a problem.

Burn and run.
  18. Weapon7 New Player

Did it myself at that time. Here is a avid from QLM and Baelor doing it in your requested CR range nearly 2 years ago (Pre DLC3).

This only is already 2 years old so same CR range.

And one more Pre-DLC3 vid.

All of them are T2-T3 geard and dozens of more ppl have done it. This speed feat isn't a matter of gear.
    • Like x 1
  19. EP Ice Loyal Player

Okay, I got it. It is a feat that is achievable and as I stated before it will be achieved (Not a priority on my list at the moment) but thank you for your tips. That is not the point of this thread though. The point of this thread is that the cutscenes should not count against the time. I don't believe they count in any other instance so why this one.
  20. Weapon7 New Player

Penguin Duo