Flash Duo Speed Feat

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by EP Ice, Oct 20, 2013.

1. EP Ice Loyal Player

Scenario: Me and a buddy ran the duo twice to try to get the feat. Both of us are full T5 DPS's so burning was quite simple and we pushed through everything in a very fast time. We were at 5:00 when we got to the cut scene with Abra and Barry Allen in which the scene took 30 seconds to complete. We defeated Abra with a time of 6:50 on the clock and then the long pause came before the end cut scene. Needless to say we did not get the speed feat.

Problem: While running the duo there is a cut scene towards the end with Abra and Barry Allen which takes 30 seconds to complete. After defeating Abra there is a long pause before the end cut scene which takes more time off of the clock. These scenarios are counting against us and making it almost impossible to complete the feat.

Solution: The cut scenes should not count against the time due to the players having no control over the length of them. There should not be a long pause in between defeating Abra and the end cut scene.
    • Like x 11
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I know people who have gotten the feat, but they were amazing dps players. Players who are better than average or a lot better than average struggle with this one. You have to be in the top 5% dps class to get the speed feat in the flash duo due to all the long cut scenes and time between cut scenes.

Signed: A player who is not in the top 5% dps class. ;-}
  3. Tule New Player

Its been this way forever, and at this point its kind of part of the feat. I've done this long before t5. Instead of pushing through, you should be pulling through. Just run past everything until you hit a wall and then burn everything down. Don't try to kill in waves, kill in oceans.
    • Like x 4
  4. Voltage Source New Player

Nope. I'm not bragging, but it's been done when T4 was the highest. So anyone in T5 and can't get this is pretty bad.... I won't give tips or strategies as to how it can be done since everyone will criticize this or that, or suggest something else. But the fact that two T5 DPS couldn't do it says a lot about the players. The OP said he burned them down fast which should be obvious in T5 gear, and he probably will get it eventually, but it says a lot about the community. It's just like CR 70+ FoS1/3, and you even see some CR 80+ FoS1/3. Obviously some just want it done fast, and then there are those who say, "CR 65, you're too low to even finish."
    • Like x 2
  5. Gobbler New Player

Just run past all of the adds and only fight the bosses burn piper asap.
  6. Vyltran Loyal Player

Yeah... with T5 is a lot easier to achieve.. pass through all adds and lure them to piper.. so you kill 2 birds in one shot..
  7. X-zero Loyal Player

Agreed the cutscenes shouldn't count against your time like pretty much every other instance in the game with a speed feat.
  8. deltablues New Player

I didn't manage to get this until T5 was out but it was still hard because of the stupid cut scenes. I recommend just trying it over and over back to back until you get it with your partner so you can keep improving.
  9. HLAssassin Well-Known Player

hiiiiiiiiiiiii EP. I can help :3
    • Like x 1
  10. Soulmass Well-Known Player

The feat is easy me and a friend got It she was fire tanking and I was sorc dps both in only t4 there is absolutely no reason 2 full t5 dps should have issues getting it. Personally I found it easier doing it with a tank she ran ahead pulling them into a pile and I burned them down. At the final scoreboard time was at 5:47 we killed the majority of adds not skipping any but the hardest part is burning pied piper fast. The feat is fine plenty of people have it and it shouldn't be changed at all.
    • Like x 2
  11. Tvuski Well-Known Player

Yeah, I got it as a nature healer with a hard light dps. I just ran ahead picking up aggro while he mopped them up behind me.
  12. feegore New Player

I know it works because I was able to earn it last night. Like everyone has suggested, get to Piper as fast as humanly possible and burn him quick. It takes a little bit of luck and a lot of burn, but it's doable. I had the same results you did, but then things just clicked during one run. Keep at it and you'll get it.
  13. GeoShock New Player

this might help you and thumbs up for FunboysDCUO, great channel
  14. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

It helps too, if you're not super speed, to wear the super speed boots that fall out of the vault. That's what I had to do with that run Soul is talking about.
    • Like x 1
  15. Radium Devoted Player

I find leap frogging works the best. One DPS goes in one room, another flies past to the next room, the first DPS goes past him, etc.
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I don't know what one has to do with the other. The complaint is about the cut scenes and some buggy lag between defeating bosses and cut scenes that make it even harder to get the feat. It has nothing to do with CR.

I have T5 dps gear for my ice tank. I get out dps'd by excellent dps players wearing T4 gear, but often out dps T5 dps players in other content. There are some people who are amazing at dps, which is all I was trying to say. My SPs are allocated for tanking, not for dps. My loadouts are tank heavy, so the trees do not allow for great dps powers. I still am an above average dps even with those handicaps, but I don't usually try to dps in anything above T3.

I am not one of those people who won't let 53 players into FOS instances. And before you say I carry such players, I actually have alts I run at the 53-60 CR level to play so people can learn to work as a team. I also welcome 53-60 players so I can help them learn how to do the instances and get feats. I am not sure why you brought that into the conversation?
    • Like x 1
  17. TheRealDeathern New Player

I'm not a great dps and I was able to get the feat before T5 gear came out... I even helped a league mate get it this weekend. It's very doable, despite the long dialog. Keep trying you'll pull itoff ina few runs. Kill almost everything, not doing so and they will simply drag you down from behind slowing your completion time, only avoid the side room kills... Look for doors to open and communicate those open doors to your teamate. Good luck, it's the hardest of the speed feats to get by far IMO...:D
  18. EP Ice Loyal Player

As I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions I would like to express that my original statement is that it makes it almost impossible. I know that it is achievable and I know I can achieve it. My original complaint is that the cut scenes are excessive and need to not count against the time. If the cut scenes take over a minute of time then in reality the feat should be 6 minutes and not 7. That is if the cut scenes don't count against you.
    • Like x 1
  19. Wynnie Well-Known Player

I always thought cutscenes weren't included in the end time for speed feats.
    I don't remember what my time was exactly.. but I do know that it was after 7mins, because I remember feeling disappointed but then the feat popped for my friend and I.
    Then I remember typing in chat "I guess cutscenes don't count towards the speedfeat".

But this was a very very long time ago.
  20. mgkaenzo Committed Player

it's not really that hard, I just did it in T4 and we was 1dps and 1 troll that's on what I remenber the pause after the end don't count but I'm not sure then you should try other and you should got it after some try.