Flash Appreciation Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Whomever thought of putting the ON Sale Tab in the Marketplace was BRILLIANT. This is Perfect. No More Constant Whats On Sale Questions...GREAT JOB!!!
    • Like x 2
  2. Scarlet Nemesis New Player

What...how...where...what...?
    • Like x 1
  3. Ulalume New Player

How dare you?! It will forever be too soon for that. I logged in just to run Grodd's Lab so I could beat on Zoom when I saw this episode.
    • Like x 1
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have not read through all three pages of comments but I figured I'd add this and save Mepps some grief. YES the gifts are account bound. Now let's break that down a bit more shall we? :p

When you log in and hit the F1 key (or whatever they are using on PS /Xbox) the reward claim box appears. That reward box has two separate categories.. ( special note for members only)

1. The regular Flash shirt the FREE GIFT one that offers up two (2) T shirt one red and one blue

2. The enhance Flash T Shirt the ones only members get and that also includes two (2) T shirt also one red and one blue

You CAN (because I tested and I did) claim one set of shirt on one alt and the other set on another.

Now. at that point you have two (count them 2) alts with T shirts... they are ACCOUNT BOUND so no you can not run to the market and try to make huge amounts of cash selling them BUT you can use your shared bank and stick one of each shirt in there so that another alt can claim them............. And YES I have tested that out as well and right now I have four (that would be 4) different alts in the game all running around wearing a Flash Appreciation T shirt.

So the fact is with just a tiny bit of patience and planning you too can have as many as 4 toons running around with a Flash shirt on. Does that make it sound any better? If not.. get over it LOL
  5. Dene Devoted Player

I think the T-shirts are fantastic.. esp the enhanced version.. I hope we get a full wardrobe of them over time.. Superman, Wonder Woman etc etc
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Appreciate the thought (truly do, the shirts look cool), butt... instead of sticking them in the Redeem tab (so we can ignore them if we wish), they have been forced on us to claim (or forever have that notice pop up) and then have them take up to 4 slots? o_O
    • Like x 1
  7. myandria Item Storage

True, especially if you have an idea of which characters will wear them.

However.....

This does bring up the issue with shared bank account slots, which are too few in my opinion. If you haven't decided which character(s) will get the gift(s) then you have to use some sort of inventory space and that can be a hassle if you don't have a lot of space to work with. If you use shared bank slots, that is 4 slots taken up; this can be a hassle for players who have not/ can not buy extra slots. If you use regular bank slots you either have to put them all in one bank (if you have enough empty slots) or space them out between alts (if you have at least 4 characters). If you space them out, then you have to remember WHICH character has the shirt you want to use.

If the devs decide to continue with giving account bound gifts via the log-in claim box then they need to consider raising the limit of shared bank slots to accommodate this. Currently, you can only have 37 shared bank slots; this should be raised to at least 60, which is almost a third of what the regular bank slot limit is (which I believe is 190 or so).
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Or simply make the log-in claim box contents not OPA (Claim Redeem for OPA, LIC for OPC)
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well I doubt they will ever give us more shared slots for FREE but you do realize you can buy more slots right? Now I am not sure what the limit is and I do know its less than the slots you can have in your inventory but I have purchased extra Shared bank slots a couple times through the years.

Also it only takes up 4 slots if you leave them sit in there. I went on line, Claimed my free gifts and immediately clicked them into inventory and stuck the extra two into the shared bank slot. Then I switch characters to the ones I wanted to have the extra shirt and claimed and donned those as well. Took maybe 15 minutes if that long. And at the end all gifts claimed and all gifts siting on the back of the alt I wanted to wear the. Not a single inventory or BANK slot tied up.

Now for me it was simple.. I have three alts that are my "Speedsters" and run around in Flash outfits to begin with so three shirts went to each of them and the forth went to the ALT I had claim the gift to begin with. I realize some may have that mental debate going for a while as to who gets to wear what LOL but the point was while it may sound like ONE gift per account you can spread that gift out over 4 different characters.
  10. myandria Item Storage

Oh yes, I do realize that more slots can be purchased but not everyone can do so, and that is my point. I am currently maxed out in bank and shared bank slots so I am not worried about myself. For me, the gift items will just sit in my shared storage until I figure out what to do with them.

I still think 37 shared slots is not enough and definitely NOT alt friendly; it is easier and faster to transfer items via the shared bank than it is by mail. I consistently fill my shared bank with items I need to transfer to other characters and I STILL have to use the mailbox to be able to transfer everything they need.

Personally, I think the claim box rushes you to use the gifts because they take will up inventory space and it is in your face until you do so.

I agree that you can spread out the gifts; again, not everyone will have those options so easily.
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

What a great gift, Thank you! :)
  12. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

I need to tweak it a bit, but that Red Enhanced Flash shirt is looking pretty awesome on my Jessie Quick toon. I need to make some adjustments for the short sleeves, but I think I may have a regular Flash look for her.
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If you have the slots, you can create Bank Mules (currently have more mules than active characters :()

Complete Agrecian with you about being forced to claim the box
  14. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

This is not a critisism of the shirts as I quite like them. It is actually a question Is there a reason that the shirts themselves not the Emblems but the Shirt weren't made dyable? Was there something about how they were made that prevented this? I just ask as while I love the shirts I would have loved to change Red to Blue or Black for instance.

Also could we PLEASE get the two base models of the shirts with the emblem slots just as big as there are here for our characters normally? I would love a shirt I could put my emblem on like this!!!
  15. HungGunThibodo New Player

"Whether you call Central City, Gotham, or Metropolis home, you can join the celebration"

Does this mean we will soon be able to establish a base within Central City??? Or just wishful thinking?
  16. Kuno Loyal Player

The movement fx variants are on sale? Because the only discount applied to me is the all access one...
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Until you pointed it out, it didn't register that the Red and the Blue shirts were different styles (for some reason, possibly because they showed the male and female models wearing different colours, believed the shirts came in both colours {which would actually mean eight shirts, not just four: two red and two blue regular, and two blue and two red enhanced})
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It was in reference to the celebrating citizens of Central City. Sorry!
    • Like x 4
  19. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Really pretty designs on these ! Yay for more casual styles :)
    • Like x 1
  20. boibrion New Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.