FIX THE POWER QUANTUM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Wellsrage, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Wellsrage New Player

since starting the game the power quantum is one of the most pleasant powers, but with all the updates that have been implemented have made this power as dps is useless.
    The role of troll is one of the best but in the role of dps so far do nothing to be able to make this role is more enjoyable to play.
    The main mistake of this power is the time bomb that needs to wait many powers to strike.
    All other powers attack faster and strike much more because they do not need to concentrate their powers on one and wait a lot of time to hit the hit. When the time bomb is released until another dps explodes and kill all the add.
    A possible solution of the time bomb would be that it has no relation to the other powers, once it appears explode like the other powers that always have a power that appears, hits and does a lot of damage.
    I hope DC can fix the power quatum is one of my favorites and I get bored enough because every time I go to an alert or raid I'm always at a disadvantage and sometimes even the quantum no one wants to invite them because the power is useless for harm.:(o_O
    Finally, i tried all combinations of loadouts in testserver and always when you compare the damage per second with other powers is low( based statics) . In the game my pj have 339 sp and is full mods ,but the problem is the same the powers dont help to do more damage than other powers . :/
    This not only for revamp since starting "advanced mechanics" when the time bomb need wait for many powers to strike .
    I think that this power dont need have one power very low "time bomb" ,with revamp in all powers ERASE many powers that is not nescessary or CHANGE the FORM of play with the power and the quantum i think need to formulate it better .
    • Like x 2
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

Sure some do more damage, but Quantum isn't really that bad right now.
    I see a few Q DPS out there doing quite well. I don't know their rotations and loadouts, but I do know they keep up with most just fine
    • Like x 2
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I feel that the revamp didn't do a great job at eliminating cookie cutter loadouts for some powers.
  4. recoil Committed Player

my biggest problem with quantum is really that it has no heals. no heals short of super charges. i can see some powers like temporal vortex being a super charge cause if you could spam high damage powers like that it would be too easy, but having the power's one heal and group shield as super charges as well as it's damage dealing abilities? that's over load. i don't think event horizon and closed loop need to be supercharges but abilities with long timers. and this is a problem no matter what role you play as a quantum player. quantum tunneling and time bubble will only allow you so much time if you don't have a way to heal damage already sustained.
  5. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

I still think one of the most unique aspects of Quantum was warped reality's ability to inflict both gravity and time effects as well as stuns to your target. Without it, there is a complete disconnect between both trees and certainly some effectiveness damage wise along the way.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

? The only PI Warped Reality ever applied was Graviton-Charged (in the Space tree). It never applied the Destabilized (Time tree) PI. Is that what you were referring to, or were you talking about something else?
    • Like x 1
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Been doing pretty well with quantum lately. Especially in raids. Its not as bad as i initially thought it was. It can do very good dmg in the right hands.
    • Like x 2
  8. B0rys Active Player

I played quantum 4 years ago and I think after the revamp stats it got much better the dps! I'm not saying it's the top dps but it sure is a good power. You can quietly do all the content, make loadout variations to solo duo alerts or raids and still not be ashamed.
  9. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

That's right, even so, I would always start my rotation with WR to get them graviton charged and go from there and using time effects never seemed to be an issue with that extra tick from WR. The stuns also kept you a bit safer when going against crowds. Now it's just a buff. It adding effects is what made the power really pop IMO. I loved having a melee stun, it was so cool!
  10. Exostorm Well-Known Player

Unless there's been a change that I'm unaware of, none of the controller powers have ever had a healing ability beyond a supercharge. Gatdgets has Anesthetic, Light has has Restore, Mental has Convalesce, etc. That's how it's always been.
  11. Exostorm Well-Known Player

Yep, finally found my stride with it too. Of course, some days are better than others, and it'll never compare to Earth, Rage, or Electric. But with the right loadout and rotation, it keeps up pretty well.

That said, I still think that they should remove the damage cap on Time Bomb (or the percentage cap, at least), and make all of it's powers either Destalizing or Graviton-charged, so that we can have some real options with our loadouts.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yep this ^ The only powers I ever get outpaced by by a significant margin are those that you just mentioned. Even then Electricity usually only beats me in raids since there are lots of of adds for the damage not to split with, and Earth users...well, Jackhammer ^^. Using the same rotation I've been using since the first couple of days of the revamp too, so pretty happy that I found something useful pretty quickly that has served me well.
    • Like x 2
  13. recoil Committed Player

light has one or two in tri age and something else i can't remember. it's been so long since i was light but it definitely had two abilities for self heals. quantum plays fine don't get me wrong, it's just kinda squishy.
  14. Exostorm Well-Known Player

True, you talking about Triage, but light is the only one with a regular healing power like that. And as far as being squishy, you may need to rework your loadout (I'm assuming that you're referring to outside content and solos). Make use of your graviton-charged powers (Singularity, Lift, Gravity Bomb, etc.), the cc effects are more than enough to keep most adds off of you. And NEVER use Time Bomb on outside content either (unless you're fighting iconics).
  15. recoil Committed Player

well i do like to use anomaly, quantum tunneling, time bubble, and closed loop/word of power but something like sub construct is just a pain and once power is gone to keep cc effects and shields up and operating it's rather over whelming. honestly with as brief a time as i was a mental user i don't recall if that had one or not but i don't think it did.
  16. Exostorm Well-Known Player

Well, try my open world loadout and rotation:

Singularity > Lift > Gravity Bomb > Inspiral Waves > Alcubierre Wave. And Quantum Tunneling in the extra slot.

The first three powers will juggle most of the adds around you, with the last two doing extra damage. It works perfectly for me while running all the current open world content. But, keep yourself stocked with soders just in case, and try to pick off the groups of adds rather than jumping in the middle of a mob, that can get overwhelming very quickly.

Anyway, try my loadout, it should work out much better for you.
    • Like x 1
  17. Toshknight Loyal Player

my second main is quantum i agree for the most part. im the same cr as my HL and Gagitz trolls and i troll with all three. and dps solo stuff. i do way more dps on HL then quantum and i do more on gadgets too. but the thing that really makes me mad more grinds my gears about quantum is that stupid blue shield bubble after you do quantum tunnel , aka phase Tellaport , WHY WHY WHY have a shield after you do it.. its suppose to be a faster un detected movement , with that sheild popping up Roll play wise you might as well say HEYYYYYY OVER HERE I EITHER HAVE A SHEILD ON OR I JUST TUNNELED , and mechanic pvp view wise it announces what you just did when not needing to,
  18. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I run Quantum on a friend's account. I use the "Destabilized" PI. One thing that I know is that with most powers the true way to achieve "Top DPS" is to spam the life out of one move. Pretty much it is the equivalent to someone who is using Jackhammer with an Earth character. It is somewhat the same with Quantum, but it is not just one move like Earth. So use Anomaly to establish the destabilized PI. Then Tachyon Burst or whatever it is called. There is the move that deals extra damage to enemies below 35% health. Like most of the 35% moves it actually deals good damage regardless of their health. Pretty much those are the 3 main moves to use. I also have Warp Barrage and this move that looks like a quantum mushroom cloud (It deals extra damage to destabilized enemies, Idk the name but there really are not that many moves that go with the PI). So I throw those in occasionally just to not feel as boring. The mushroom cloud one (Maybe distortion wave?) deals pretty good damage as well.

I have another friend who uses Quantum. He uses the other PI for Gravitation Charged, and I have literally beat him in damage as a healer almost every single time. I do have an extra spot on the rotation where I keep a shield. I am a hater on Supercharge moves. So you could probably find something else to do there.
  19. Surtur Well-Known Player

My biggest issue is with TB and the cap. That was one power that I really liked because of how it worked and it was ruined.

I take that back...The weapon buff was FUBAR'd as well. I use to love to clip with weapon buff and sneak in a couple weapon taps to make the opponents float so that I could destroy them. The Revamp made quantum a little to clunky for me. I deleted my quantum toon that I had for about 3 years.
    • Like x 1
  20. Wellsrage New Player

:/ I change my quantum toon too bro ,but the quaumtum is the first of my favorites powers .