Fix lower end group content GOD MODE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Playright, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Playright New Player

PROBLEM: Duo/Alert/Raid content is heavily broken in regard to GOD Mode CR Players.

ISSUE: Any group content where a 260 CR toon can come in and wipe the place in a matter seconds, leaving the other proper CR toons struggling to get a shot off or get in Boss fights due to the GOD character running in to solo the content.

THE FIX: Automatically CAP the CR of any player entering the content to what ever the highest level allowed for that content is, much like what is done with Atlantis and Doomsday, but in reverse. Certainly allow all players in, but by leveling the CR, it makes the content relevant and enjoyable to all group members.

VICTORY MARK REWARDS: By leveling the CR, it would then be fair to reward all players with proper marks for running the content.
    • Like x 3
  2. dresserball Dedicated Player

Well it wouldn't be entertaining to all. In fact I would not run old content if this happens.
    • Like x 14
  3. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I understand how you feel but when you get to end game content and go back to get feats or styles you didn't get, you won't feel any stronger then you were first running content. That is purpose of getting stronger in any game, as you level up, certain level enemies become weaker. If us end game player had an option of just walking in these on our own, we would do that, but sadly we don't.
    • Like x 19
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

for the duo it really doesnt matter if one goes in at max relevant cr or higher it feels like god mode anyway besides i dislike getting capped since it feels like ur character doesnt get stronger with time and rather the opposite.
    • Like x 7
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

This is called "stat clamping"... and it is something many of us vehemently argue against for a variety of reasons. Suffice to say it will not have the effect you want it to have.
    • Like x 10
  6. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

This has been suggested many times. It's not what most of us want.
    • Like x 11
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That is definitely an opinion. Most of the payer base does not come to the forums. Only a select few.
    • Like x 3
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Stats should be capped and rewards should be adjusted accordingly. It started becoming a major issue when T5 came out a few years ago.
  9. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I suppose it would be too difficult to give a setting option to run only with stat clamped players vs running at full cr?

Because there are times I really want to run content at level and times I want to run while I'm OP (feats), so having an option that I could turn on and off and would impact what queue I go into would be nice (for example: I can stat clamp myself by removing gear, but I can't guarantee that others in the group won't be OP).
    • Like x 4
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You should step back and take a look at where the devs want you to be. They would have never removed the catalysts if they really wanted high end players in that content. Between replays and skip tokens, there is no reason to not be higher CR.

I get what your saying, but I believe you are a minority on this. Majority of the people I've ever come across and gotten most of the feats boring thru content never complained. It was always thanks for the feats.
    • Like x 5
  11. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

if task force X, doesn't work (so you don't play w/villains) why would any other idea? the devs aren't interested for whatever reason.
    maybe it can't be implemented due to something they don't have control over.
    I suspect thats why a much better improvement of having symbols next to your friends list when they are online has never been implemented - though it would be the most useful for a player.
    Stat capping isn't an option - you would have the leagues which run the content w/just their league mates dissolve (maybe quickly).
    you know - "carry your league mate"

if you want feats you'll need to form groups.
    if you want to run content w/your CR level - you'll need to form groups...
    I just don't believe the queueing system has an equalizer leveler thing - which would make the content more like it was when it first came out. - instead it's only who's been waiting the longest... I suspect... get access first and nothing more.
    it just seems like a limitation of the game itself - and not something the devs can fix
    just like w/having symbols next to your online friends list..
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Since the biggest problem with older content is that virtually no one queues up to run it with players that are trying to level up their Alts, this would only make even LESS people run that old content! If anything should be clamped, it should be the enemies in that content! And ALL of the old content should have Walk-In Portals for true SOLO versions of the content. That way people can run the old content to level up their Alts without being dependent on other players!
    • Like x 3
  13. PolarisSylar Committed Player

If the game in way of adding 'walkin teleporters' for all instances for the' higher cr levels', then I agree. Let lower queued up and withstand the long wait time for those instances But current is as is.
    • Like x 2
  14. Playright New Player

From a balanced game play and character Immersion point of view, all older group content is completely broken for the reasons I mentioned in this game.

I get the idea that many of you want to have God/Cheat mode, but that is something equal to Batman not knowing Clark's mothers name, but somehow knowing where she is being held hostage.... unforgivable, really!

Why don't you just buy your character upgrades if you're not interested in earning the SP
  15. MiniCake Level 30

Sometimes I would have friends who would just beg me to come into the raid where most of the other player's are at that cr level of certain raids like a T5-T7 . They struggle allot and welcome end game player's to destroy what they can't or trying to avoid hours more in a raid they can't beat .

So every situation is different.
    • Like x 3
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Since the root problem is that the only way a 260 "God" toon can get into most lower end content is to A) Build a group to run low level content, which many do not want to do, so building the group can take 10x as long as the Alert/Raid....or B) Queue and most likely end up with lower level toons. I'd guess most 260s would rather go in alone as I don't think there is any real need to 'show off' for some group of <100CR toons...there just isn't an option to do so. The only times queuing would be needed would be for the 5 or 6 runs where you NEED multiple people to work a mechanic of the run, like the switches at the end of the Flash duo to open the LB room door. The solution is adjustable queue sizes. If the higher level players had the ability to set, Paradox to 1 player, they'd go in alone....beast it out and be done. This would benefit lower players as well since there are runs like the Hand of Fate Operations, especially on the Villain side where you could get a group of 4 or 5 players together...even at correct or a little higher CR...but the queue will still not pop. Set the queue size to that 4 or 5 players and boom...you are in.

Any kind of stat leveling or capping will be met with pushback as it has been in the past. It drives people away from older content as it ends up taking as long as end game content. If I have an hour to run raids, do you think I'll run them in COT/Throne or FOS1/2? Marks or not, I'm not spending an hour or more doing FOS runs...I'd guess many will agree. Not to mention many of the lower players who get into these runs NEED the carry as they don't have the skills to Tank/Heal/Troll the content. Can they be taught, sure...but I'm not sure there are a majority of the 260 community who want to have to train everyone in every old piece of content just so they can collect a few marks, or take a shot at that Kryptonian feet style they are still missing.

Just saying...
    #AdjustableQueueSize

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  17. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

LoL, people are not running it now like that and they don't have the cap now.

Not sure how it would be effected if they did do that.

I now know what you would do, but I wouldn't want to run old content no matter what they added to it, except for a small .3% chance of someone wanting me to help them out or looking for a specific base item.
  18. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Popular opinion of the forums about a topic on the forums yes. Are you Little Sisters alt?
    • Like x 1
  19. Shellheart76 Active Player

This seems like a bad idea, no offense to you. Clamping stats in lower tier content will mean that people will actually have to relearn the mechanics in lower CR instances and slog through them, and I certainly don't want to go back to the days of certain raids being a 2-hour ordeal. It also means that some feats that are ridiculously difficult at-CR will once again be annoying to attain. I sincerely doubt people are going to be very keen on the idea of spending 2 hours at an artificial CR 90 trying to complete the Explorer's Odyssey feat when they know they shouldn't have to. And finally, as someone with the severe alt-itis...I don't want to spend like 10 days to level each character to current CR. Certain areas of content are a slog anyways due to low playership, and this would not encourage more people to revisit them.
    • Like x 3
  20. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Umm..

Yeah.. NO.

Clamping older content for higher CR characters will not work for this game at this point; as others have said, it would get a lot of resistance and this is something that should have been implemented earlier in the life of the game.

COH had this implemented in its 3rd or 4th year (not sure which) and it was called Flashback. It allowed players to play lower level content once it was completed; however, your powers and enhancements were nullified, which meant you needed a set of powers that were the same level as the flashback you wanted to enter. Also, your power tray was nullified as well, so you had to use lower level powers that was at the same level as the flashback.

For instance, if you wanted to do a level 15 flashback but your character was already level 40, then everything above level 15 that you were equipped with would not work. You either had to do the flashback naked or equip your lower level powers and enhancements (COH was not gear based like most MMO's now). At first it was fun, but then players realized it was a pain to keep older enhancements in your bank just to go back and do those older missions again.

When Architect Enterprise was launched (it allowed players to create their own missions) Flashback became almost irrelevant, except to get feats. Flashback was the ONLY way to replay lower level content (under level 30) in COH, with a few exceptions.

Compare that to what DCUO offers at this point, I find that it is a better trade-off. I can get into a lower content raid without changing my gear/powers for my higher level toons and I don't have to use replay badges for feats. I don't like higher level toons steamrolling lower content either; however, when I think about what I have dealt with before, I have to grin and bear it.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.