Five Months Between Legion and the next DLC, Wow!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I have to say I'm slightly shook by this news. Survival Mode is cool and all but this is an incredibly long wait between DLCs.

Devs, could you please leave Speed Force Elite up as a full time raid in order to help fill the gap?

Also, could you please add prestige to open world bounties? Some smaller leagues are really struggling with keeping up :(
    • Like x 8
  2. Eve YouTuber

I like the idea with prestige, I hope It's possible to consider. It's missed opportunity for prestige grinding (My League is also small and it will help alot)
    • Like x 8
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I would love the wait to be longer as a returning player who started fresh after a 6.5 year break im still catching up. Been back about 6 months an am up to about 445 sp an got tons of work to do yet. Plus the longer the break between episodes the longer we can enjoy our gear before having to grind new all over :)
    • Like x 3
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Agreed. When large scale bounties started replacing raids, adding prestige to them from the jump really should have been a consideration. Here's hoping!
    • Like x 7
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You shouldn't be. Look at how little content we got for Long Live the Legion after coming off the Wonderverse episode. And look at the feedback from both Episodes. Finally, notice the vendor prices for this episode. It's painfully obvious that they needed time to switch gears and go back to a formula that players were clamoring for, while still working under Pandemic restrictions, in the midst of people leaving and other changes. Plus who knows what else may be coming along the way. This shouldn't be such a shock.

Plus as Qwantum Abyss pointed out, there are people still working on catching up. Knowing that we have a bit more time means people can still get what they need and actually enjoy these things for a bit longer before we replace just about everything all over again.

However, I have to agree with you 100% on the Prestige situation. Up until Birds of Prey, my league with very VERY few semi-regular players and two of us regular players with a bunch of alts had managed to keep about 6-7 Proficiencies every month. By the mid-point we were struggling to put up 5 proficiencies. And now...now we've all taken the majority of our toons and started joining other more semi-active leagues because we struggled just to put up 4 proficiencies. I know that next episode will reverse some of the current problems, but it'll still be a struggle to keep small leagues going without going to some of the extra things other people are doing just to maintain. All of that to say that yes, we need prestige for the open world stuff, pronto.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It does seem a little long, and March would have been preferable. The holidays always eat into our productivity - even when this year a bunch of folks worked through to get the anniv event finished - and the anniv event is usually a pretty big deal that fills some of that content gap. We were able to line up survival mode with this in mind as well.
    • Like x 13
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Legion came a bit too soon for my liking. personally I appreciate the extra breathing room but that’s just me.
    • Like x 7
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Thanks for weighing in. And that all makes sense.

Any chance for the other two questions:
    -Some kind of prestige relief and/ or drops for open world bounties (I've seen this brought up often by the community but never addressed)?

-Any chance to keep SFFE up as a full time raid for Solar Credits in celebration of the 10th Anniversary and to help fill the gap?

Thanks!
    • Like x 6
  9. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

No new content until April. Wow. Helluva gap. Especially for us folks that care nothing for survival mode since all it is is a big chest beating contest, look at what I've done. No character progression is tied to it. No feats are tied to it. That equals no interest from me and a huge part of the population. On the bright side with a gap like this that next episode should be excellent.
    • Like x 9
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd be for leaving SFFE up for a bit longer, maybe the 2-3 weeks till Survival hits too. Even if they pulled the crowns and other currency 'pay', I"ve yet to get any feats done in there, so I'd run it for free if I had to assuming I had some more time. I'd have rather thye would have put 2x nth before LPVE, I was planning on doing SFFE then LPVE came up....twice.
    • Like x 5
  11. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Adding prestige to bounties is an excellent idea And 1 that should be implemented ASAP
    • Like x 3
  12. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I know if we run a low level quests in dcuo, they drop , the quest occasionally drops prestige tokens which is 100 prestige points. I think DCUO should add these prestige tokens to the higher level content too.
    • Like x 3
  13. AV Loyal Player

Even for SM's target demo, the GAF factor is pretty low. Rly hard to value the "competitiveness" of something that's temporary and so long that the true boss is schedule coordination. It's "content" that's meant for a negligible percentage of the playerbase and only a fraction of that percentage actually cares. Also a hard sell when it be like "do I spend dozens of hours grinding bosses with obnoxious health pools while dodging the same few mechanics over and over and over hoping the server doesn't poo itself?... Or do I run my in-relevance dailies and go play something that's actually fun."
    • Like x 4
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i've hit a wall. haven't been doing much of anything the past few weeks. Haven't run any Legion content at all this week save for a couple of dailies and the weekly on my main. The anniversary event raid is boring, haven't been able to down a single boss in the elite raid in a few weeks no matter the groups make up (pugs, lfgs, leagues, beast leagues, casual leaguesm two tanks, two healers, precision dps, buff trolls etc etc etc) and very few people i know seem to even want to try anymore. I farmed the feats for the seasonal. ive run 2, maybe three lpve instances this week.

also not very big on survival mode. i do like the way the reward system is set up with the 4 mans but the actual combat bores me. everything takes so long to burn, one shots out of nowhere. I'll run it long enough to score some items i might want but thats about it.

bored, bored, bored.
    • Like x 2
  15. Brit Loyal Player

I wouldn't have minded the longer break between Episodes, if Legion would have been a full sized Episode.

As it was, they eliminated the solo/duo from a normal episode, and they eliminated one raid, so I find I have significantly less to do. Even when compared to the similarly designed Wonderverse Episode that was also Bounty focused, they eliminated 4 Challenges and also cut one Bounty, but in exchange they added... nothing.

When Legion feels like there's nothing to do, it's because there is significantly less to do than previous Episodes, including the similarly designed Wonderverse episode.
    • Like x 6
  16. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Not everyone cares about feats only you know?
    Some people care about difficulty and challenge and i am part of them, i'm happy to get SM? you are not alone in this game.
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Agreed.

Legion Release - Still had 25+ for each Atlantan Bounty.
    Right now I'm sitting at less than 10 for each Legion Bounty.
  19. zNot Loyal Player

I agree absolutly but since it does take 5 months will the next episode be larger then previous ones we had lately?

In general i and seems like some more on this thread would like to prefer episodes that take longer to release if we get proper raids and generally more things to do with high replaybility and to me that is focused more on the instance based for example the raids, (no bounty stuff) which has been lacking in previous dlcs.

The paradox raid you guys released on the anniversary was seriously well made especially since it had 4 bossfights (the issue was they had very low HP but as charon its event thats why) we usually only get 2-3 (mostly short boss fights) in episode raids which is really boring longterm.
    • Like x 1
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yes much longer between episodes in exchange for better an bigger episodes is a win IMO. We dont “need” new content every couple months, we need good content to play.
    You extend the life of an episode by making it fun NOT by bloated prices in vendors or crazy bounty spam counters.
    Said it before and i will say it again, look at FOS’s , prime, origin crisis, etc. all the content that was good originally an good today. I’d wait a year for a FOS like episode!!!