First time posting in this thread...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCspawn87, Aug 19, 2017.

1. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

So I'm going to make this short and sweet.

I understand that the DC Forumites wanted this game to be more challenging and what not, so I understand some of the changes that were made. I would even go as far to say that I actually like some of the changes.

But... Why? Why is everything in this game a sweat fest now? Why am I at CR 197 and can't make Zod kneel before me in FOS 3 in 5 minutes? Why am I stuck in LPVE longer than 10 minutes? Why are people screaming for players to have 275sp when as a dps, my crit and might stats are maxed at 238?

I liked this game for its simplicity and apparently everyone else did as well because at one point, LFG could compete with GodSpeed with how fast it was going. Now I have time to leave my gaming room and go make a sandwich before the next person types. Idk man. I'm glad for the guys that wanted a more challenging game, but it may come with the death of DCUO altogether. It was fun while it lasted I guess.
    • Like x 7
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

It wasn't so much making the game more challenging it was more about making stats matter.

Content is harder due to things going live and being scaled wrong is my guess.
    • Like x 1
  3. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

easy mode is still here. just not...as easy. really. not much has changed.
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

In before someone says "LFG is fine". ;) :)

Thank you.... been saying too....Yes.... LFG is slooooooowww as Hades right now. :(
    • Like x 3
  5. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Lfg is fine! If you take all 23 hours and put it into a 3 minute block.

But yea they already killed off the troll role. Healing sucks but wholes, tanks got all weird, but yet dps remained the same. All content is centered around AoJ so the only difference going down the tiers is the health pool of enemies. So why progress if we just do the same damage no matter the tier?
    • Like x 4
  6. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

I get that. Maybe challenging is the wrong word. Time consuming feels better lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Sweat Fest? I guess 8:53 seconds is waaay to long for you in FoS 3 because you want to bypass mechanics and not kill adds. There is that 2 mins of walking there and dialog in begining so count that out. 224 sp 195 cr. So like the briefing says " YOU ARE WRONG" had too...
    Sorry don't mean to sound rude just practice more.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can't really speak to LPVE or what kind of stats/point totals others are asking for, but as far as time taken in older content? I look at it this way: if a player is beating the time needed to get the speed feat for older content without even trying, it's going to be tough to take the "it takes too long now" complaints seriously, especially if it's group content like alerts or raids.
    • Like x 1
  9. JasonIsley Devoted Player

LFG would be faster if everyone knew about it.
  10. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

T8 is mostly balanced ok, T4 and T5 are certainly wrongly balanced especially adds and mobs. T3 mobs also have too much health.

I don't mind this step back, but it isn't finished and I expect balancing fixes in next GU.
    • Like x 1
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I still stand by what I said, some of it was over tuned so to speak. Thats why they have a thread asking what content feels too easy and too hard.
  12. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

Eh i actually just said a time but to each their own. I am glad that you took the time to run fos3 to see how long it actually took though. Now I have to run it since you feel like you're good enough to tell me to practice.
  13. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

You were the one who said 5 minutes complaining lol saying its a sweat fest which it is not. Did you not expect for someone to post proof? If you did not run it why are you crying about something? Cry wolf much?