Fireball Barrage...getting blocked from hitting? Bug?

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by WesPypes3679, Oct 7, 2017.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

My main is Fire. I love Fire. Great power. In the right hands a great Tank and Good DPS. As far as dps goes there are only a couple concerns mainly Fireball Barrage being blocked by minions and other things. Fire is kind of a middle of the pack dps. It could a little love imo...the DOT's have the lowest ticks....but mainly Fireball Barrage getting blocked from hitting targets is a huge letdown everytime it happens. Is this intended? Help me out one time Devs.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Yeah, I've ditched that SC atm. I had to fly up in the air above the target to get it to connect most of the time. lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Seems like sometimes there is nothing in the way and it still doesnt hit. Burns me up when that happens. I wonder if there are other SC's that do that?
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I love fire and it's my main power as well. Unfortunately when I use an SC I run with Neo Venom because the actual fire power SC's just don't seem to go well with the loadouts I've been running,. Would be cool to see a blue flame aura super charge that gives you a massive damage boost like Neo Venom
  5. MastaMind Dedicated Player

The same thing happens with Sorcery. One of our powers is literally the same as many others. Just a ball of magic we throw at people. While Quantum and Ice have the exact same thing with the only difference being appearance, apparently the developers stated that our ball of magic being blocked is a "Skill issue" instead of a mistake on their part. Oddly enough Nature, Rage, Gadgets, and literally every power that I have played with the exact same move do not have this problem. Sounds like Fire is in the exact same boat as Sorcery. I mean I guess they forget that in a raid there's that whole "Tank" thing along with everyone's henchmen and whatnot.

It definitely is not a skill issue since we have no control over the projectile. It is just a laziness on their part and not wanting to fix anything that they don't have to. I agree this is something that needs resolved. Either make the exact same thing happen to every projectile power, or do the more logical and simple fix of returning things to the way they were before they jazzed it up. Fingers crossed. My best advice would be to report it in a ticket, or maybe list it in the survey they posted. Thus far every legit issue I have posted here was ignored until I submitted an actual ticket on it.
    • Like x 3
  6. TheDrone Well-Known Player

The most annoying part is that in damage parsing, everyone tests on dummies. In that case, there's nothing to block. The result is a very significant difference in dummy DPS vs raid DPS. So, Sorcery is "OK" based on dummy parsing. Most people are unwilling to realize or admit that dummy parsing is completely broken for Sorcery and perhaps Fire as well.
    • Like x 4
  7. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Totally agree. Broken.
    • Like x 2