Fire vs Ice "DPS"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rankkor, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Black Raiton New Player

gain post a video big guy ...until then just keep your shenanigans to yourself.[/quote]
    Curious. Why do you keep telling people to post a video. Why don't you post a video and have others critique it. You keep wanting people to prove that fire am is so bad. Why don't you prove that your doing it right. It is your thread after all. Back up your claim. Maybe you will get some helpful advice or enlighten people who don't believe your claim. I have a fire toon and I have been keeping up and out dpsing an ice dps in my league using ice am while I'm using fire am and he had better gear than me. Prove your claim first before you tell others to prove themselves.
  2. Rankkor New Player

Curious. Why do you keep telling people to post a video. Why don't you post a video and have others critique it. You keep wanting people to prove that fire am is so bad. Why don't you prove that your doing it right. It is your thread after all. Back up your claim. Maybe you will get some helpful advice or enlighten people who don't believe your claim. I have a fire toon and I have been keeping up and out dpsing an ice dps in my league using ice am while I'm using fire am and he had better gear than me. Prove your claim first before you tell others to prove themselves.[/quote]
    Why dont you post a video? Since you're the one saying you beat an ice dps lol i kno ppl that have 111 gear and modded and lose to an undergeared player ...diff is skill points lass ...
  3. Black Raiton New Player

Why dont you post a video? Since you're the one saying you beat an ice dps lol i kno ppl that have 111 gear and modded and lose to an undergeared player ...diff is skill points lass ...[/quote]

Simple. I'm not the one trying to prove to the devs and everyone else that fire am is not on par with ice.
  4. Rankkor New Player

Simple. I'm not the one trying to prove to the devs and everyone else that fire am is not on par with ice.[/quote]
    The Devs know its not they see thus thread and dont want to respond cuase they already know of the situation...the community knows it too...you and a handfull of ppl are speaking blasphemy and cant even post a video of said match up against ice am SMFH till then lass...done
  5. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Ice and Fire are pretty different atm.
    Ice AM does best dmg medium range.
    Fire AM does best dmg at practically any range (but also worst dmg, as it is very inconsistent from what I remember).
    As Ice requires more proximity, you should think it should be ok if ice did more dmg. However, the essential difference is that Ice AM is based on a channeled power (arctic gust), which does instant dmg, and fire does cast powers (mass det) that do dmg after ages of waiting. If you are interrupted 1 milisecond before the cast timer is over, fire did no damage at all. If ice gets interrupted 1 milisecond before the power has ended, it will already have done most of its dmg.
    Therefore, yes. Ice & Fire should have the same average potential for dmg.
    • Like x 1
  6. Fools Fire Loyal Player

True. But Fire AM was a mess when it was first released. And it's still not entirely fixed.

Originally: Cast this power 3 times...or cast this power once, but you have to be close range. Oh, and Volatility is based on the target. So if the target dies you start all over again.

Now: Cast Burning Determination once...Cast Flame Cascade to keep it going...use Mass Det for range damage. Volatility is on your character. So even if your target goes down it's still active until the timer runs out.

For years now MD has needed a fix. In the same rotation, casting it three times should not give you.... 15,000...3,000...25,000

The most logical solution would be for it to have 3 hits for each cast. For Example:

Old Way: .... 25,000
    New Way: .... 5,000.... 7,500...12,500

Final Side Note: Please give Spontaneous Combustion it's DOT back. I think the only reason they removed it was because they knew it was going to be the defacto standard for Fire AM.
  7. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I want fire to get the love it deserve!