Fire Testing Feedback

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Fatal Phantom, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Fatal Phantom New Player

This is a list of moves i've tried countless times over and findings i have on various powers.
    Keep in mind i am a fully specced DPS with 2195 might and Escalating might mod.

1. Spontaneous Combustion. -Not Worth it.
    - Initial Hit Ranges from a low 64 Damage to a High Crit of 294. Which is fairly weak for that amout of might and being a power at the bottom of the skill tree.
    - Can detonate target 1-3 times (random). procs hit about 90- 240 high crits.
    - Occasionally didnt ignite target ( about 40% of the time) therefore not giving a chance for the 1-3 procs.

2. Fiery Weapon. -Same
    - Patch notes says that you do more damage if the targets on fire. Did not notice any change in damage with or without target on Fire. Tested for about 20 mins with 1 hand flurry hits.

3.Meteor Strike.
    - In open world and in some instances it doesnt seem to drop and you just get the burning effect which is about 50 damage.
    - On sparring Target ranged from 249- 682 high crit.

4. Meteor (throw version)
    -Very small range(usually only hits 1 add, tested in Gorilla grodd duo).
    -Ranges from 400 - 1700 high crit.
    -Occasionally does no damage and just knocks over.
    -Occasionally doesn't spawn into your hands. (wastes power).

5.Flame Cascade. (Pretty Weak)
    - 6 Hits (Not clippable/Vulnerable to interrupt) hits low 60's- 120 crits. 189 Highest crit but usually falls in the 120 range.

6.Enflame
    - Noticed the fire effect would sometimes randomly shut off and come back on.

7. Mass Det (Random Damage-All tested with target on Fire)
    -Reg. Damage Range anywhere from Low 866 to High 1868 damage.
    -Crit Damage Range anywhere from Low 2006 to high 4800.

8. Volcanic Colamity (Supercharge)
    - Ticks are very spread apart so the damage takes awhile to cover the whole move.
    -4 hits around 500 each. Highest crit was 1600.
    -Seems pretty weak.

9. OverHeat (this needs work)
    -Randomly shuts off. Sometimes does 8 ticks. Sometimes does 3 ticks and shuts off. Sometimes its just the initial hit with no ticks.
    -There doesnt seem to be any difference in damage with immolation active or not except for the initial Hit.
    -Immolation off: Initial Hit 126- 265 high crit. Ticks are between 50-87.
    -Immolation On: Initial Hit 150- 424 high crit. Ticks are between 46-93.
    -For some reason i got my lowest ticks with immolation on. With it off i never got below 50 damage a tick with over 20 tries.

Thats all i got for the list now. let me know if you guys want me to test a specific power that i might have missed.
  2. Zizzi New Player

I think your numbers would be more viable if you tested Base numbers without any Might or Mods, Crit chances/damage bonuses.
    I'm not saying you need to go and test again, but for future reference you should do it that way. By testing with your stats up you receive numbers that are very hard to compare unless somebody goes in and does the math to compare to other powers' base damage.
  3. Fatal Phantom New Player

Im not trying to get base damage results. Im trying to show Max results with topped out Might. This shows how high in damage you could possibly do which is what is actually important to know for the T4 players.
  4. Zizzi New Player

I see what you're trying to do, but for testing and information purposes it is not as effective as getting base numbers. With base numbers you can see which powers hit stronger and for how much. The base numbers increase with stats so in theory should be effective for every tier.
    I'm not knocking what you did, I'm just saying there's a way to do it better and have the data be more valid and interpretable.
  5. Fatal Phantom New Player

The thing is, is if you do that with no gear on then people will say it only looks weak because you have no gear. These powers all look relatively weak for having topped out Might damage.

I am well aware that Powers damage scale with stats and so is everyone else. But this post doesnt just show that these powers are under powered. It shows that they are bugged in the sense that they are randomly shutting off their effects or not doing them at all. I have 159 SP all going into Max out the DPS potential of these new powers and these are the results of max potential.

If you want to make a 30 lvl fire character and redo this with no gear on. By all means, do so.
  6. Zizzi New Player

Showing that some effects and PIs don't work like they should is good, so nice job finding those. Hopefully devs can look at it.

My problem with your gathering of damage numbers is that you call some moves weak... But weak compared to what? It's easier to get Base numbers because everybody can easily test base numbers by removing gear and SPs. If you're saying that a move is weak then surely you must be comparing it to a stronger move and be thinking "it should be hitting like that." Because you tested with a certain Might statistic and Mod, along with all of your Damage bonuses from SPs, your numbers are less useful to others for comparing powers and damage numbers.

If someone wanted to test another powerset and compare it to your numbers they would need to have the exact same innates, Gear, Mods and Might as you, which makes it less convenient.

All in all, thanks for getting the numbers and showing that sometimes the effects don't last as they should. Hopefully someone can use your numbers for comparison purposes and validate if certain powers really are weaker than they should be.
  7. Fatal Phantom New Player

Gear doesnt really vary between experienced players. If your a might based player then you have T4 and might mods. The only difference would be the innate from Lockbox rings. The new mods are pretty role specific so all DPS will have just about the same mods for PVE to max out DPS potential. As much as you would like to think everyones gear is different. Thats not the case anymore. Any other might based DPS will have my same stats.

As for what to compare it to: Im comparing Fire to Fire. Why would i use a power that is weak compared to other ones i have that are spamable/ AOE/ much more effective and easy to clip into combos. Most of these powers are bugged currently or are just naturally not strong enough to compete with the Fire better powers (Inferno/Flashpoint/Immolation/Backdraft with weapon clips). Using any of these new powers will make your damage out less because they are at inconvenient places in the tree and they arent easily clippable. Examply Flame Cascade- You have to wait the whole animation to get that damage which will take 5-6 seconds to do about 800damage. Or Inferno Clip Flashpoint clip Backdraft for 5 times that amount.
  8. Fatal Phantom New Player

9. Octantis New Player

What if you tested both? Base #s and Maxed Out. That way those of us at T3-3.5 could just use the formulas, as well as seeing how the numbers scale with gear.

Thanks for the report, too. Going to be respecing back to Fire soon.