Fire still needs some help. Still missing targets

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by WesPypes3679, Nov 5, 2017.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Fireball Barrage is still getting blocked and missing at times. It has improved but it's not 100%. If I had to put a number on it its about 75% of the time.

A few other concerns. Fireburst is too interuptable. Seems like whenever I dont have a tank I lose alot of damage just because I get interrupted trying to cast it. Doesnt seem to matter when I use it...enemy npc's attacking me or others I go to cast and BAM interrupted. I dont know if that's just me...but dang the aggro I attract is insane. Maybe less aggro or add it to empowered channeling. Its already a risk of hitting nothing with other powersets having quicker and stronger burst abilities.

Mass Denonation should hit like Fireburst. There's no use for it being a 400 cast power and doing way less damage than Fireburst.

And last buff Fires DOT's they are so weak compared to other powers.

I've seen alot of powers that were weak in the AM era get stronger when revamp hit and yet Fire stays right in the middle of the pack. I'm partial to Fire...and I understand it's not the worst damage power and those powers like Mental and Sorcery need alot of attention...but show some love like Electric and Rage got. Mental and Sorcery had their glory for a bit in the AM era. I love revamp...but we need just a tad more balance.
    • Like x 4
  2. Sjs New Player

Agreed, fire definitely needs attention. Fireburst on occasion completely misses target and is interrupted almost all of the time during cast.
    • Like x 1
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Preach. Its crazy how much i get interrupted using FireBurst. I seem to draw aggro as soon as I cast it whether npc's are attacking me or not without a tank. Draws way too much aggro. I wish they would let empowered chanelling work on it. Its already a risk of hitting anything since the cast time is so slow
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

Honestly, the issue with fireburst goes back to the first/second year of this game. You say aggro, but from my experience it acts scripted. EVERY time I go to use fireburst the enemies lunge, no matter what they are doing. Its gotten to the point where I have to trick the AI. Either I use a CC power that knocks em down and cast while they get up (only works in open world/solos/duos/some alerts) or I sacrifice a cast power first and immediately go into fireburst. Channeling powers work for a decoy too. Some days though they will lunge both moves, and those are the days I scream F this, and turn it off. Lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. BrandonB Well-Known Player

The DOTs for Fire do seem pretty far off. For single target bosses, I was using Inferno, then Overheat, and then alternating between Heat Vision and Absorb Heat. After parsing, I was actually getting better numbers when I wasn't taking the time to set up the DOTs.
  6. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I hear you on tricking the AI. I like to drop meteor strike then hit fire burst, that usually gives me my best chance of Landing that power. And I really hate those days where it seems like every single time I use fire burst I get interrupted. I don't think it's asking too much to make fire burst uninterruptible with the empowered channeling mod equipped. I would rather take some damage casting that ability then the damage not hit at all, I love how absorb heat works with empowered channeling equipped.
    • Like x 1
  7. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I'm upset by how weak the dots are. You would think the fire would be one of the stronger dots in the game. Fire is a devastating element in the natural world it only serves it right if that were true on the game. I myself have never made a load out without dots, Inferno or meteor strike. I think fire and it's dots should work similar to the way Electrics chaining powers work on ads. If it was the same or just a tick under Electric, fire would become very popular.
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Ran both Raids in E3. Fire Powerset is still messed up. Seemed worse today for whatever reason. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing problems with Fire. Fireball barrage still missing half the time. Tank and henchman still get in the way and firebursts missing as well sometimes if I don't get interrupted.

Please fix. Fireball Barrage still missing. Fireburst missing and interrupted way too much. DOT's still really weak as well. Help Fire out 1 time. It seems to be worse today.
    • Like x 1
  9. VariableFire Loyal Player

Blame PVP. Years ago they whined that Fire DoTs were too powerful and they've never brought them back in line since. As for whether it's currently a good idea to use Fire DoTs, two reasons: 1. Multi target damage. It's more reliable than Mass Detonation (which has needed a buff in forever...) and 2. Power Interaction. AH hits slightly harder and provides a small heal.
    • Like x 1
  10. BrandonB Well-Known Player

No doubt. I still run Inferno clipped with Stoke Flames in my multi-target load out. There's no way I'll put Mass Det in my loadout.
    • Like x 1