Fire needs a buff

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Cyro, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Unfortunately when you brought it up in the historical context as to why we may be experiencing some of the current problems, it brought at least one of the “Fix PVP now!” crowd out of the woodwork to inject something here that is irrelevant to the discussion.
    • Like x 1
  2. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Would be dope if devs made BD an ability that also mitigates damage similar to earth’s double tap on gemstone so you could actually heal yourself and wouldn’t be so squishy
  3. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

At least there’s a back mod for it lol. Fire is really fun, something needs to be done with it. So many negatives... 40 extra sp required, rng heals based on 26% crit chance, garbage fire soul passive, sucky multiplier on shield, power hungry af, no defense, weak heals, no cc moves, hl shield/2500 sc’s don’t apply burning, scaling on heals is awful, resto augments=a few thousand hp lost, no back mod, hard to heal without the orb, troll dead=you also dead.

Fire needs a flat out defense buff of 30-40% with its HP buff remaining the same. Fire soul can be capped at 30%. Power cost should also be adjusted
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

The only problem i see is to keep up the combo meter as a tank, there is an easy way to fix this issue by making DOTs (damage over time) able to build up the combo meter as well, the benefits are that the tank will have at least for the whole duration of the running DOT ability the freedom to do what he wants or requires without losing the tank power buff, fire using many DoTs will assure that in good hands that def % increase wont drop at all.
    • Like x 1
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

6. Cyro Committed Player

I know but the more data given to the devs showing imbalance the more likely it is for them to do something about it
    • Like x 1
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Most tank power sets can survive solely with native abilities. Fire is the one that has to rely heavily on things from outside the power set... HL shield, Amazonium Deflection, Pheromone Bloom. While other tank power sets can benefit from these, they are somewhat more optional than they are for Fire... and these additional items only make Fire barely viable when compared to other tanks.
    • Like x 3
  8. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Not to mention, to run these you’d have to drop one of your heals such as Burning det, if you want to run immolation, hard light and dash attack/perfect poise which other tanks can easily put into their loadout at a cost of dropping their 360 pull. Fire is stuck using 2 pulls no matter what. All powers excluding fire can drop their 360 pull for another shield. Ice can drop RG, atomic doesn’t need atom splitter because immunity issues, rage can easily drop without mercy and earth is doing just fine with earthen grips as long as you don’t spam it. Yet fire is stuck using backdraft on burning enemies to get the most out of it and also has to rely on its crits which may or may not even break you even in terms of damage healed/damage received since you’ll get punched in the face a few extra times from being too close to the adds before you even get to use your backdraft.
    Fire is doing ok if you are able to kite and easiest tank to play (with ice) due to its mobility but when you have hits coming in at 30k+ from just the adds and bosses hitting you for unpredictable amounts and on top of that you have percentage based mechanics, it’s very very underperforming. No matter how good of a player you are, you are spamming your heals off cool down and just hope for the best because you can’t reliably predict when a big hit is going to come in. For instance, SG E last dlc, you could be fine with adds but all bosses are using hand blasters and you are just left guessing when you get hit with solar flame, a blue lightning hits you for 50% of your health.
    Side note, all npc combos should probably be looked at before next SM, if there’s one. If anything, a first hit of Solar Flame (hold) should not have CC (knockdown effect) and then you get hit mid air, even if broken out, you still eat full damage. People were lunge spamming because solar flame was pretty much impossible to reliably counter especially with server lags. You can’t counter after you have already eaten full damage. A lot of attacks actually don’t have any windows to do a counter.
  9. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

It doesn’t matter, it’s all situational. You can run all shields or you can run all shields with phase dodge and sit blocking if instance is right. What good does BD on solo bosses if they hit you once for 60-70k each hit? Like doing FI e second boss etc. The fact remains that heals don’t do nearly enough to mitigate the damage and keeping it in check unlike other power sets that don’t have to rely on the crits from their heals. All the times I have been fire there wasn’t a single time when I poopped BD and said “oh, that and occasional backdraft should keep it in check...” because you don’t know when or how much it will heal unlike with the shields, all you have to do is to look at the grey numbers and know exactly when you need to pop another one
    • Like x 2
  10. AV Loyal Player

But that's what Absorb Heat is for. Massive sustained heal and def buff + immunity every 4s.
    • Like x 1
  11. useless Well-Known Player

Just a quick question, on one of recent hotfix it said finisher attacks are buffed across the board.
    Snuff out used to describe "enemies at 35% health and below will take double damage"
    Now it says "enemies at 35% and below will take extra damage"
    Am i not getting it right or... Isnt double more than extra?
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They buffed the base damage by around 75% and than it's around 20% damage increase for targets under 35% health. And obviously that would be stronger with the La Mort Card artifact.
  13. useless Well-Known Player

Ty, thats why i like this forum community, question - answer - done :)... thnx again.
  14. Fieryvegtank Level 30

You sound like you know what you're talking about haha, what artifacts are you running with your fire tank? If you dont mind me asking. Cheers
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  16. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I am not of fan of this new era fire tank. I miss having giant health
  17. Cyro Committed Player

We still have huge health but having high health will only go so far, if our health is too high then it takes too long for the healer to heal us up which puts strain on the group
    • Like x 1
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

They got the data now :p yay for Fire
    • Like x 2
  20. Darth Piper Loyal Player

They're at least addressing one major flaw with fire tanks... crappy defense and the high degree of difficulty required to get the max defense buff and maintain it.

Having high health would work better if the self heals were a little more potent. Do that and it's less stress on the healer(s) and therefore on the group. Heal potency is the other flaw with fire tanks right now... but I'll take a fix for the one as a start and let's see where it goes. I shall remain "cautiously optimistic." :)
    • Like x 1