Fire might dps and Lernaea's amulet

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Catastroflare, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I hoarded a lot of nth from the double nth drop week so now I'm looking at getting a few more arts to 160 aside from trans, strat, solar amp, and grim. One I've been curious about is Lernaea's amulet. Since I use snuff out last in my rotation, do I need to delay it by using it every other rotation to take advantage of the damage buff or will the health debuff kill me before then?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    • Like x 1
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Purely relying on yourself, how long are you able to buff your might before you have to use your finisher? Also what level is your amulet?
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Overall you’d want to delay it as much as possible until you feel you it is needed. You want to has as much light as possible from it for as long as possible. If you can maintain a GOOD rotation without snuff out than you are set. However if you are purposely running a subpar rotation to keep the light buff than all the artifact is doing is bringing you back to a neutral state.
  4. L T Devoted Player

In the Oracle's guide section there is a Might DPS Master thread in which AV goes into excruciating detail on how to play each power-- including Lerneas amulet rotations.
    • Like x 2
  5. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

It's at zero but have enough nth and catalysts to take it to 160 at least. Before I do I just want to ensure the investment is worth it versus another artifact or just hang onto the nth for now.

Thanks for the reply! This is good to know. Its too bad console players can't mess around with a build simulator like PC can. It'd help in cases like this.

Definitely! So much wonderful detailed information in there and OC has a really nice video on it too.

Was just looking for fellow fire might dps players to weigh in mostly and share their thoughts if it worth replacing trans, strat, grim or solar amp for Lernaea's.
    • Like x 1
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Good luck :) AV guide pretty much covers it. The amulet isn’t worth it if you don’t get used to the risk vs reward. The amulet isn’t for you if you don’t like finishers and don’t care about might stat numbers. The amulet at rank 120 and above is better than below it because it gives you the full heal. Once the ghostly hand appears try to see how long you can keep the rotation going till you really need to pop your finisher. Two allies passive abilities increase your might. Flashpoint Nubia and BWL just to keep in mind.
    • Like x 1
  7. ItsSeven Level 30

I’m not a fire might dps, but I can tell you that lerneas is a niche artifact. It also depends what kind of dps you want to be though, if you’re looking to get the most of fire might, you’re better off using grim or solar. You’re realistically free to do what you want if you don’t care about that and if you like the art go for it.

But the reason I say is that lerneas is niche is because for one, if you ever decide to switch powers, not every power can utilize it as well as another. Secondly it’s also because for fire, at least for ST, fires best rotation for ST that I know about is 3 channel powers and none of them apply the PI(unless you have solar) as Fire’s base PI powers are lackluster and lowers your dps if you put them in. The loadout changes depending if you have solar or grim, but both solar and grim nullify that negative.

Lerneas is more valuable when you’re using a power that doesn’t have to reset it to keep the buff but also has a hard hitting low power cost move so you don’t stress the healer(ie gadgets taser pull.) Resetting isn’t really worth it as you have to build it up again which means you have to hold your finisher and for a lot of powers, the finisher is one of the best sources of damage on bosses. At that point I rather have the passive damage from grim, or the extra 10% and AoE damage from solar. Also, if you run elite, a lot of them have environmental damage so if you pop a power and you take some damage, it could be enough to kill you. Not to mention that you also risk taking priority heals from the tank who need it more than dpses do.
    • Like x 1
  8. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Appreciate the detailed response -thanks!

This is about what I was hoping to get in terms of a reply so thank you for taking the time out to comment.

Guess I'll shelve it for now and work on something else.
  9. Lowbudgtmechanic New Player

I am currently running the amulet@160 with Fire powers and run it successfully in elite runs. Running amulet, strat, and Solar reason for this is Solar has low power cost and 5%Might increase at 160 so to me it just made sense. I have been told by other players in my league to not run a finisher and solely rely on the healer. Negative this is how you Faint and like we all know if you down you can’t do dmg. Also good thing to note is I have 420 sp and have might tree maxed along with both dmg crits and all extras go into heal crits helps keep me alive. Also helps to keep absorb heat In rotation but not necessary. In my case i usually pop Finisher when I reach my 10 stacks unless I have a good healer but I do not rely on healer to keep me up I keep myself up. Yes it takes a lot of practice and find a good rotation that does not have too many big pwr cost moves. It can be done successfully but I requires you Pat attention to a lot more things at 1 time and you especially need to b mindful of when enemies are targeting you and pop finisher to get your health back up before you get hit. In my opinion I wouldn’t run amulet with any other pwr but because self heals is great. Good luck
    • Like x 4
  10. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

So it is possible to survive without needing a healer according to your parameters. Do you have any idea of ​​the gain in damage?
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Heres my lernea’s thoughts
    For me its simple, I do not run a finisher with it. By default, i dont get to use it too much (and thats ok).
    I dont use a finisher because it clears my buff (screw that, the buff is the point).
    Its the healers job to heal me BUT i get what the suicide art does an bow it impacts heals to the tank etc so again, i only run it situationally. Damage skyrockets when i can use it tho.

I highly recommend havin a 200 amulet, just dont expect to use it much and if u do plan to use it alot, runa finisher and dont xpect to see massive gains in damage.

Lernea’s is fun, its ALOT of fun.
    Sometimes i will do towwe w/2 heals and a tank and i run my lerneas AOE build and we can clear easy in under 20 min and thats accounting for some bad luck like getting caught by merc or a murder machine etc
    • Like x 1
  12. Lowbudgtmechanic New Player

Obviously hard to put a number on it but I'm matched and beat people running strat,trans ,solar combo at 200 and mine were 160 at the time now 200 amulet and last elite TSDE I ran I was second highest dps with only about 10 mil dmg under the electric Meta with similar level arts and SP. And no cap electric circuit breaker meta is very high dmg. I was running Strat 200 amulet 200 trans 160
    • Like x 1
  13. L T Devoted Player

Some Artifacts are great at 160 or even 120, but Lernea's final bonus takes it from a max 20% buff to a max 30% buff. If you're going to use it, my advice is to max it out.

It's probably not worth the risk of using until you max it out. But there's a reason why so many good players run with it-- 30% is a big bonus for might.
    • Like x 2
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea i shoulda been more clear, what i meant was that the finisher self heals you but clears your might buff. Thats why i dont use it too much. Gotta have the right heals so that you dont have to run a finisher. Its nasty when u just run a 30% might buff non-stop. I think the benefit diminishes greatly when u have to use your finisher and clear your buff often.
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

The amulet is a good healing art. At 120 you get the full amount of heal as opposed to half of it when below 120. Some powersets don’t have healing abilities which makes this worth it. If you pair it with la mort you’ll be popping your finisher more often because of the reduce cooldown. If you ever find yourself were there’s no healer and your soda is on cooldown you may not have supply drop or anything, the heal from your finisher brings you right back up. It’s a good solo niche art.
    • Like x 1
  16. Frxx New Player

May I know this loadout?
  17. Frxx New Player

Slide the TSDE fire loadouts , I’m munitions but it’s boring even thou the dps is straight