fire improvements in update 39

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by sidekick2011, Jul 9, 2014.

1. AkikoTsunami Committed Player

ok, this isn't about detonate, it isn't about backdraft. It isn't about a double tick from flashpoint.

The original statement was: Neither enflame nor immolation bestow the immolation PI. The very power description state that they do not.
    Nothing that you have brought to the table has proven otherwise. In fact in one of your previous comments you so much as say "you are right"

It's obvious that there is some sort if communication breakdown here
  2. 6000Degree New Player

Ah and the burning done by FP while under immolation is counted as FP dots in the logs, it's just low ( 2 digits )

If you use FP while not under immolation, you don't see the FP dots in the log nor the double tick

I don't know other ways to test the immolation than by the effect it should have on FP...
  3. Deamonox Well-Known Player

Gu40 should be a fire revamp it really needs a real one...y do they always only improove the dps side of thungs like fire dps was fine yet the tank was like done because someone decided to let wm hit 10k in pvp and let bosses hit 6k constantly so fire becomes squishy like for fk sakes i have been killed in like 2 secs by a dps and the ****** *** ***** heals we get need helping to o ya not to mention the power cost is off the charts i loved having 10-30 min duels as tanks but now with wm they can last 15 secs with 2 tank u ***** ruined the game for tanks when wm came out and fire has become squishy like spongebob it cant take a gank anymore it can barely heal off one person with wm god telling us fire tank is fine and in pve u are pretty much blocking and praying that the healer doesnt die cuz it is all the healer try and see what happens whan a healer dies fk the other tanks can stay alive long enough to get the healer back up but fire will be hit like crazy.... o ya and 1 more thing take wm out of the game plz i popped eternal flame and the wm was hitting so hard it killed me while it was up. Like **** -_-
    • Like x 2
  4. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Longest sentence ive read this morning
    • Like x 6
  5. TheRealDeathern New Player

Run on now... :D
  6. Deamonox Well-Known Player

True lol no punctuation
  7. Imsms08 New Player

"Striking a burning enemy may deal damage and provide a healing effect."

This is true you get exactly 1 damage tick and 1 healing tick. However my question is why is the damage tick so low? I mean if it's only going to be 1 single tick can it be higher then the 57 damage it's currently putting out?
    At least the heal in dps role hits around 500-600 hundred and crits in the 2k's!

This a bug or intended?
  8. Biester New Player

Poor fire tanks, they got the shaft.................................again. 28 pages of suggestions (mostly on tanking) and only 2 were implemented in the update. At least the dps role got some attention..............................again. I think I'll stop playing support roles from now on and start dpsing since dpsing is the focal point of dev attention these days. But then again, I think I'll take the year-long break from DC that I've been contemplating for a while now.

I bet when I get back, dps' will be so OP that they just mow down everything in their path............oh wait..............they already do. Maybe one day support roles will get the bulk of dev attention but I highly doubt it, guess I'll find out when I return next year. Happy gaming to all, peace.
    • Like x 2
  9. Zylo Committed Player

Why the heck did they remove the DoT from spontanious combution?:mad: thats one of the freaken "MAIN" reasons why i used the move in the 1st place.

its a quick cast that makes contact with no issue and places a DoT that lasted for 10-15sec long. with that I could place the DoT on a enemy player thats "trying" to run away but cant really since the DoT is on him and as soon as i catch up to hit him he then explodes to get juggled.

Thx morons. you just ruined a move. bravo.

time to hit the respec chamber.
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

The new Spont. Com. is probably the strongest AoE burst move in the game. And it still has its procs from its Dot days. Try it.

also I hope you are aware that Spont. Com. wasn't a unique Dot. It was another burning PI. It was nice, but still weak and overwriteable. The procs are what made that power have good-ish damage potential. If you are mad BECAUSE you lost a PI applicator, Wildfire, inferno, and meteor are good subsitutues
    • Like x 1
  11. Fools Fire Loyal Player

True: I think what the poster meant was... "Now I can't use it in PvP against Speedsters!!!!!" ;)
  12. TrueOlympus New Player

opps just noticed that
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

when i was fire briefly, i used wildfire to accomplish this for you just fine. it sets them on fire and knocks enemies down. when you catch them, spontaneous combustion their butt in the air!

edit - the side benefit, if running as tank, you get healed whenever you use wildfire on burning enemies, so you really only need to hit em with wildfire until you catch them.
  14. Rockfall New Player

I like that Fire doesn't have a shield, keeps it unique. The Devs have done a great job imo at keeping the 4 tank powers so different in terms of mechanic. Do I wish sometimes that Fire had a single target pull? Sure sometimes, but that's what iconic powers & movement mode powers are for.

Btw, there were changes to 3 tank powers: Stoke Flames cooldown was reduced, Eternal Flame cost was reduced, and Burning Determination was changed too, I think that it can be used after being stunned.
  15. 6000Degree New Player

Eternal Flame still does not give the health buff stated in the description.
    Plus, damage immunity has additional benefits, like raising allies, activating consoles, bringing items without interruption.
    Unless they reduce the PDF cooldown, we too should have something for damage immunity.
  16. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

I'm not sure what you're referring to as the taunt here. Any damage you do with Might will taunt when you're a tank. It doesn't even need to be fire. Occasionally you'll even find people who like tanking with iconic powers, such as the Throwing Knives of Acrobatics.

Fire tanking works just fine everywhere except the hard end of difficulty for players. Right now, the last boss in the T6 alert and Survival Mode are the only hard things for the tank in the game. Paradox too, but that's more about tactics than raw tanking. SM will be gone after tomorrow. Maybe Halls of Power will escalate the difficulty.

And even that T6 boss isn't so bad. Fire is actually quite simple in TD. Enflame to knock adds down. Hit them with your weapon a bit while they're down, if you're good and/or overpowered. When they get up again, Backdraft to pull them in and knock them down again. Repeat. Get the timing down and you only need to block to counter, not to survive. On the last boss, mix in some Low Pressure to pull rogue adds in too.

The fact that such a simple approach works well is part of what's sad about fire right now. I went through a period where I tried very hard to use less and less power, cutting moves out of my loadout in favor of the simplest things. And each time I reduced how much work I tried to do in the game, that was an improvement. It's a shame that barely using your powers is close to the optimal fire tanking approach. The less you try to do healing and power-based damage yourself, the better things flow for a group.
  17. Herbalacious New Player

The taunt I'm talking about is fireball. I just pretty much accepted it's useless. Takes 3 tries for it to get the aggro and by that time it's too late and I'm out of power.

I dunno about my suggestion for immolation, but the combo with overheat is just simply ineffective and needs to be changed it's just simply a wasted combo that will never be used. This could be a simple fix for the devs since all (I'd wager at least 99%) have these powers as a fire/tank available to put in their loadout.

It would be nice if there were some powers that did something while in Tank role. There aren't many. The only ones I can think of at the moment are Immolation/Enflame for the 10% control resistance and Burnout that allows you to remove control debuffs from you and your entire group.

As for the mechanics of the fire tank I'm gonna agree with ya 100% as far as I know anyway. I recently hit CR101 on PvE and over-all it's been a lot of fun for me. My loadout is very simple. Enflame/Burnout/Backdraft/Stoked Flames/Burning Determination/Eternal Flame or sometimes I'll swap Enflame for the Acro pull depending on the situation. I just rotate SF/BD for the HoT and block/attack/backdraft/enflame as necessary. I like burnout because I can use it while controlled and it removes control effects for the whole group. The self heal from it is meh and so is the knockback, but I don't count on those at all. I did use absorb heat for a while, but it's not a good power imo because you are stuck in that animation the whole time and you can be interrupted if your trying to use it for power regen after GU39.
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

Bump!

We finally got our promised "Fire Tank update".

I kinda like what they did, but im not 100% convinced.
    • Like x 1