fire improvements in update 39

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by sidekick2011, Jul 9, 2014.

1. TrueOlympus New Player

Ugh... you know what? I think I know why i'm confused. I am positive during the first fire revamp the community asked for enflame to grant immolation. guess I always thought they had listen to that feedback. joke's on me, i should have known better
  2. Alexonic Committed Player

here, i want to share again my ideas for fire tank with this picture plus some point under it:

please read all the green text of the pic...each skill has a good idea to improve fire tank:

[IMG]

let's sommarize a bit what's in the picture (not everything)...

1. New effect for fire users while in tank role: enemies on fire will deal 15% less damage on yourself.
    If enflame is active, the damage absorption will be increased by 10%...so in total: enemies on fire will deal 25% less damage.

2. Finally we have some skill that can make you in a "safe mod" for some seconds: burning determination and burnout will share a new PI, if immolation is active and you cast one of burning determination and burnout, for the first 3 seconds all enemies on fire will deal no damage to yourself.
    This PI will finally make our skill worth to be casted, cause now...now if the healer is down and you need to heal yourself, what do you do? stay in block and die, or cast a skill...and die? lol...with this Power Interaction, also fire users will finally say "oh crap, i'm in trouble! i'll use those skill to save myself for a bit".
    Ah, these 3 seconds shields are not op cause burnout and BD have 20 seconds cooldown, basically, in one minute you will only have 9 seconds of 'safe mod'.

3. Health buff from 60% to 100%:
    Fire tank having 10k of health and 2k of dom ---> 60% buff (old) ---> 20400 max health
    Fire tank having 10k of health and 2k of dom ---> 100% buff (new) ---> 24400 max health + enflame 10% buff = 26840 max health

4. Last thing to say, if this picture will be reality, heals will be good enough.
    As someone said before, an ice tank with 10k of health and 2k of dom when casts a shield, will cover MORE than 25% of his health cause his shields can take at least 3k of damage (reflect 10k...)....so why a fire tank should not heal 20-25% of his health at least?
    Fire heals need a buff, and this is the way. We're tired to be the "weak" of the tanks.
    (if my picture will be reality, ice, earth and rage will still be the best tank anyway! but that's ok, us fire tanks are used to be the worst, we can accept it but we want at least to be able to tank what the other powerset can tank)
    • Like x 9
  3. TheRealDeathern New Player

There are really some great ideas sprinkled throughout this thread regarding how to improve fire tanking. I hope the DEVs are paying attention.
  4. AkikoTsunami Committed Player

After a simple re-test, Enflame>Flashpoint does not spread burning to enemies within flashpoints aoe vicinity.
    Immolation> flashpoint does not spread burning to enemies within flashpoints aoe vicinity.

we did clamor for this change, they didn't listen, so sadly the joke is on all of us.

II think the confusion comes because now all burning gives your toon the flaming head
    • Like x 1
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

With all these great ideas I think it's best to have them written down and saved somewhere so that when it is time to update Fire again we can skip all the nonsense and get right to the problem. I personally don't think any devs are taking down all these ideas so i think its best we make a collective to be used later.
    • Like x 2
  6. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

Like this thread? We can and have made lots of suggestions and they won't be hard to find. Though how Fire players today feel should be change may look different then future updates. Comparing the original complaints to the current Fire update, we've made some progress. From that thread linked, the original concerns were:

• Meteor: No change this update, but doesn't look like many Fire DPSes use it anymore. (No change)
    • Fireburst/Mass Detonation: We got the cast times revamped and added a new Volatility PI (Significant change)
    • Flame Cascade: Finally updated to something more useful (debatable if it will actually be used). (Significant change)
    • Overheat: Placement in the tree still a complaint. (No change) [As an aside, why aren't we pushing for greater Immolation PI damage with this?]
    • Volcanic Calamity: Haven't heard many complaints about this today, supercharges are largely dead for DPSing in favor of weapon bonuses. (No change)
    • Wildfire: Actually made useful this update (maybe forced to be useful given Spontaneous Combustion's change?) (Change)
    • Eternal Flame: Finally got a reduced cost. (Significant Change)
    • General confusion on what Fire DPSing will be (DoT, Burst, Cast, Channel) somewhat resolved with the mechanic (cast-time it is). Though some may still favor melee DPSing, in which case Immolation is there to provide some damage bonus (Flashpoint). (Significant change).
    There are other changes we didn't expect (Fiery Weapon Might Buff, Spontaneous Combustion changes), but powers are always change. We all haven't had the privilege to test Fire on the Test Server, but when it does hit live, there will definitely be a lot of feedback to work with. And of course, thanks to everyone who took the time to test Fire on the Test Server.
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

If you check the backlogs. You'll see a poster named War Star suggest it in the Fire Revamp thread. I wonder who that could be *Looks in mirror*.
    • Like x 1
  8. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Id like to comment on a lot of this but I haven't had time to dive deep into gameplay mechanics yet.
    Unless things have changed inferno at range does not grant you the immolation pi because you are not in the circle.
    Enflame did get you the double hit for flashpoint, as far as overheat (the only other power that cares i cant remember my testing)
    Also unless it changed at some point the immolation pi only ever effected the burst damage of ovreheat not the dots so it would only be a couple hundred more damage on a single target even used right after WM.
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Just Trun Immolation into someting like Ice Armor. Except instead of increasing you damage it reduces your incomming damage.
    • Like x 2
  10. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

@ Alexonic

You have some good ideas there but if you make it a straight hp % heal on all the powers there would be no need to spec into resto cirt heal chance and magnitude.
    I don't really care, but that is probably what some people would say as to why not to do it.
  11. Alexonic Committed Player

atm, fire is the only tank that actually needs resto and crit heals, so it would just become like the other tanks, so would be more balanced-..

anyway i said that the heals should be able to crit, so the sp on critical heals will still be required...they could make resto increase your crits....
    heals buff is needed, i think that the '% of max health + crit heals' formula is a good way to buff them...

anyway, my most impoortants ideas are about the dmg absorption and the 3 seconds immunity that burning determination and burnout would give if immolation is active...i really hope devs will considerate these...ah, also backdraft giving heals overtime...yh, the picture says all my ideas i hope devs will read them...
    • Like x 1
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I honestly never thoght every rle should have to benefit from every stat. Certain stats should be universal while others should be role specific. CC should have had flat time and no stat attributed to it. Dom = Tank, Vit = Troller, Resto = Healer. That would have made things less complicated. Shields should have just been a percentage of your HP long wit tank heals.
  13. Deamonox Well-Known Player

I would still put that backdraft on because fire is really needing help...
    -Relies almost 100% on healer
    -heals suck
    -must stay blocking or will get destroyed
    -insane power cost
    -health buff isn't high enough for higher tiers like sm if ur getting smashed by grodd ur done...

The backdraft will make the heals better so it can actually help the healer if ur getting hit for 6k many times and will also make it good in pvp, fiery weapon will do good for 1v1 and backdraft will be good to survive ganks and stuff so idc if its like rage fire was here first and they made rage by far
    better than fire... Rages health can hit 100k while fire sits at 30k like max, rage can heal better and is supercharges were a bit better so i think that they should make fire like this
    • Like x 1
  14. SkullGang Devoted Player

You guys think Brawling WM (tap hold) is a good combo for the AM ? It's quick enough to use in-between powers I think although the damage isn't high but that's not the purpose of it.
  15. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Someone needs to test it against solar flame clipped.
  16. SkullGang Devoted Player

I've tried emulating it on live servers and I really like the flow of it, even more so with the cast times getting a reduction. I still need to see how it looks on test though until the update goes live.
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

And GU39 is ready for live servers. I'm happy but also sad at the same time.
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

I must say I am very disappointed tho. Fire doesn't even get a stop-gap fix.

I guess us Fire tanks better prepare ourselves for further exclusion from high-level content....
    • Like x 5
  19. Deamonox Well-Known Player

The tanks aren't getting **** update is 2moro
    Or 2day
  20. Alexonic Committed Player

for people who like tanking and have only a fire tank is a great pain in the ***...
    at least i have a fire and a rage, indeed i chose to dps as fire and to tank as rage...

but people who just have a fire? they're forced to play a support role that's a burden for the team...