Fire immolation tree is where it's at!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bonemonkey627, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Ice Lantern New Player

What they should have done with Meteor and Ice Boulder is make the throwable versions into solid objects instead of breaking upon first contact. Have Ice Boulder apply the frostbyte ice field and have Meteor apply burning. That or they should have just removed them altogether and given both powers something useful. And then there's the dynamic duo of Flame Cascade and Avalanche. It really seems like they just didn't feel like spending anymore time on the revamp and just lazily change them just so they can say they changed them.
  2. TrueMarvel New Player

Flame cascade is truly bad
    Meteor is to slow for a single target damage attack.
    Meteor strike is to buggy and to weak
    It is impossible to have overheat, spontaneous combustion, inferno, and snuff out in the same loadout.
    Snuff out is inferior to photon blast.
    Fear gas, napalm, and cryo- field > inferno, overheat, enflame, burning pi
    Ignition tree is a weak dps tree.
    Without WD fire dps aren't competitive.
    Eternal flame is still 100% SC
  3. The M New Player

And,
    Fear gas Jump cancellable and still do nice dmg > Useless flame cascade.
    Napalm, cryo-field, NN are way faster to set than Inferno, Overheat, enflame, etc..

Fire is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW to setup, and weak
  4. Kristyana New Player

Unless there is something drastically different between the PS3 and the PC, this is highly inaccurate.

Healing and power received from your healers and trollers is 100% dependent on their stats, not yours. There is no allocation of skillpoints, powerpoints, or mods that will increase the amount of healing you get or power you get back, and this has never been the case.
    • Like x 1
  5. Crimson_Flare New Player

The mainframe tactical 4 mod (Quick Healing) boosts your incoming heals from healers. I believe. Also, ok, the Crit chances you are right, but the crit magnitudes, I believe do infact boost your incoming heals and power. Here is the description form the tree itself.

Critical Healing Magnitude -
    " Increases the amount of health restored with a critical heal."

Now if Im wrong, im sorry, but while I dps I put some extras into my healing trees for my self, however when my league mates or pug healers run with me, they will say something like, wow, i getting crazy crits of of you, are you spec'd into crit healing? I say why yes, i am.

So if this is just an oversight by me I apologize, but then again I am fire, and we can use all the skill points in the game effectively.
  6. Kristyana New Player

Whoops, forgot about the home turf mod. You're right on that.
  7. TrueMarvel New Player

Problem With Meteor:
    I've been testing meteor(the overhead shower one)
    The only true problem with this move is that its animation is 2 long for such a weak move. Futhermore, in tight areas its glitched out and simply doesn't do any damage. It's fire's napalm grenade. The animation time is roughly the same. But while comparing it to napalm you can clearly see that meteor is not in line with other powers. Its base damage and split action makes it almost useless. The real kicker here is that during testing, my gadget toon's Might is actually lower than my Fire Toon. The Gadgets napalm grenade did far more damage despite that.
    Solution To Meteor:
    With a significant damage buff this move could truly be fire's version of napalm grenade. It could be fires one real quick burst long distance AoE. As of now, fire does nt have such a thing. Also maybe the power should have similar coding to bunker buster. Should solve the low ceiling problem.
  8. Lokkii Committed Player

why is that?
  9. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Well actually, it is possible, but you'll need to sacrifice a couple of iconic powers. This is because getting Spontaneous Combustion, Inferno and Overheat already cost 9 power points. Getting to Snuff Out requires 5 more points. That leaves you with 1 free power point, but people do prefer getting both of the iconic critical innates.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lokkii Committed Player

oh ok, i was thinking more along the lines of overwriting. I havent even tried snuff out yet, just switching back to fire like 2 days ago. I'm crrently using enflame, inferno, s. combustion, overheat, fiery weapon, backdraft, and am doing well. Putting WD in the loadout today though.
  11. The M New Player

Who is the best fire pvper that can give a proper loadout? (Both dps and tank)
  12. Bonemonkey627 New Player

This is not for firedps pvp loadouts .. !!! .. This is something way different .. Please stay on tast please ...
    • Like x 1
  13. Clumsy New Player

If u havent played this game since beta then u dont know how this game has developed and how the powers have transformed from day 1! Things have changed and the input these rookies are giving the devs/mods is what keep messing up the powersets! Let the pros. talk on here and figure things out not ppl with no exp. Let night fire, dump truck, & soulburn that are on PS3 do there thing to figure out a salution! The PC is a different story since they dont have to wait on power lag issues they think they know what there talking about like this kristyana he/she is nothing but talk the PC can use all there powers like a piano on the key board as ive been told by ppl on ps3 that used to play on pc saying is a different beast thing on there end so dont comment on a ps3 topic would help out fire more to just let these guys figure it out. No pun intended just imho!
  14. Mikha'el New Player

Looks like the four of you with Night Fire, Dump Truck, & Soulburn got your own world huh? nice... Now i'm just wondering why the Devs/Mods choses to listen and do what these you so called rookies are giving them messing up the powersets instead of you and the other 3 you mentioned above who claims to know whatever you know since beta? Can u answer it for us please from your vast knowledge of this game since beta?
  15. Bonemonkey627 New Player

I have to agree with clumsy . I respect the dev's for asking the players what they wanted , but it was so an epic fail .. After GU 23 you saw so much out-rage! Fire people were mad! First thing people said was hahaha fireburst dps spammers!

Well news flash I about 100% guarantee you boat dps have something they use none stop!

I do agree with clumsy on the fact people who have higher game play hours and the length of there toons life ... If they been around since beta or just a 4 month old player ...

Some people may have had great ideas on fire and what to do , but with the dev's taking everyone's input ! This is what we have come to...

I do believe they should of sent about 30 people a message and asked them what they would like to see.. They would do this based on hours , log ons , game player and length of your toons life on dcuo ...

When mega servers came , people who put the time in on the game got to keep there name ... Which was only fair ...

It's just people who have been around for a long time know the changes the powers have made through out the past 2 years , we could take all the knologe of the power set And made it better ..

Like when people said let the meteor should spawn in your hand !!! Fire has tone of power animations at this point , bending down and picking a meteor up is a joke .. So the dev's played with it , one of my most fav powers and the dev's just threw it in the trash with so many crazy ideas !!!

That's how so much input can effect the a power set , with such bad ideas ...
  16. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

Meteor may be a good example of how too much input from a variety of players ended up destroying a power, but also remember that when large consensuses were agreed upon, we also didn't get what we wanted, specifically with Mass Detonation (and to a lesser extent Stoke Flames). Almost unanimously we wanted Mass Detonation's damage range examined and possibly narrowed to justify the cast time. No changes were made and we are still stuck with a cast time power with the highest power requirement at the bottom of the Ignition tree that can hit between 1k-6k Damage with 2k+ Might, any only if you have the PI requirement.
  17. Bonemonkey627 New Player

Well mass det has a major problem right now .. Say you stand there and try casting a mass D .
    Well as your casting , say an enemy walks right in front of you ! Well it won't go off at all .. You then just waisted time casting on of the longest cast time animations in the game ...

I have no problems with Mass D at all , other then the casting is buggy & it's hit or miss . About 50/50 on a hit or miss ...

But I am glad you agree with me that sometimes way to much input , can hurt or even crush a power ..

I had posting ideas even the simple ones to fix fire little problem ... They won't do nothing..
    • Like x 1
  18. Sionn Committed Player

I don't even bother with cast time stuff anymore. It's not worth it for trash that dies fairly quickly. Clipping weapon combos with plain old detonate until your big dots are off cooldown does a decent enough job. Heck, you can even range lone targets with a shield hold that way. In my crappy gear that equals 1600+ damage a throw if they all 3 crit, 800 on the low end if none do, and the shield throw is pretty quick. I've seen over 2k damage when all three crit just right, or the target was debuffed. Specifically, S-bot, or M-bot. I'm not going to melee either of them in a pug.

All three = shield hits twice + the detonate
  19. TrueMarvel New Player

Fire is a dot based power.. the problem is that: its the inferior of the dot based powers. Sets up dots the slowest and not quite the strongest. Elec is a dot based power. Sets up dots loads faster and has strong ones. Gadgets before the revamp wad a dot based power. Even post revamp the can set up dots faster and better. Fire is the slowest. But instead of compensating its slowness with base damage the devs made it actually a little weaker. My prec gadget toons NG/FG/ Cryo-field> intimadate is comparable if not better than my might based fire toons Inferno>fiery wep/ enflame/ overheat. Something that isn't right in my opinion
  20. Bonemonkey627 New Player

Dude you so have to stop ! Before game update 23 fire was a burst damage power. After update 23 fire became a dot base power !

Enough said !! I'm tired of going into details, from the 2 years I have played this game and seen the slow change of fire !!