Fire DPS and its need for a small fix.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by WesPypes3679, Apr 5, 2018.

1. L T Devoted Player

Apparently the new time capsule dropped early I'm Europe, and they posted a thread about it. It buffs heat visions damage 10% and added aoe explosions to it. I believe it spreads burning to nearby targets also. Apparently you get it by opening 5 time capsules or for 25 quarks from that vendor. Not sure if it can be bought with replays like the venom artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  2. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Very interesting. I'll take that 10%. Might even be able to replace inferno...
  3. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

After messing with some other powers I feel like our supercharges need a buff. Fireball barrage ismt especially powerful or weak but volcanic is pretty weak compared to other 1000 supercharges. strafing run for example does twice as much damage and also the dot stays on the add no matter where he goes once hit.
  4. L T Devoted Player

Fire actually has above average supercharge damage.

Fireball Barrage receives a healthy bonus because projectiles can miss... But if you get close and they all hit it's stronger than Blizzard, Entomb, Megavolt, and almost all of the other 50% supers. Only melee and channelled ones do more damage.

Of the 100% supercharges, only a fully combod Earthquake and Oblivion do more damage than Volcanic Calamity.

Search on "is my supercharge super" and you'll find the post where I published all my numbers.
  5. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I saw your post but you are wrong about strafing run not doing more damage than volcanic. It does nearly twice as much from mu personal testing. Plus as long as you hit initially the rest of the ticks hit compared to the boss being able to just walk out of volcanic. I know barrage is very powerful but its very easy to miss on a boss. No point in using it at all against johnny quick for example.
  6. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Prime example of why I myself have multiple builds. Having multiple builds allows me to utilize NVB as my SC against Johnny Quick. Volcanic Calamity is one of the hardest hitting SC' s on the game, I just dont personally use it because I can use 50% SC' s more often dealing more damage over the course of a run. Fireball Barrage is best used by Lunging adds or Bosses and firing away when you're right up on them. I have builds for all kinds of different content with a range of might builds, Precision builds and even Battletanks that can keep up on damage all with different LO's and SC's.
  7. C3alix Committed Player

I agree. If the enemies are constantly moving and the tank loves dragging agro, VC is bad.
    • Like x 1
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i found mass detonation to be highly effective, mainly on adds and mobs. it's just about a one hit kill against trash mobs and open world npcs.
  9. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Neo venom is weak and short imo. I'd rather save my super for the following hallways than waste it on a nv. I know the best way to use fireball barrage. I know being flexible with builds is smart. I personally dont run a super until the boss cut scene then pop in volcanic, use it, reset armory. Thats with the current aoe loadout that is. If volcanic is one of the hardest than strafing run must be the hardest in the game. It's nearly twice as strong. I know the best way to use our scs. My point is that strafing run doesnt need any of that strategy all you need to think is "do these targets have a big enough health pool for me to get all the damage from this?" before you fire it off.
  10. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

You severely under estimate NVB. Though it had a nerd a few months back, its still very good. Its a staple in my best ST LO. The bonus to it is, it will rebuild very fast. When I'm getting 50 to 60k crits with Mass Det followed by Wildfire hitting 23k with AH ticking around 14k. Having that multiple times on a ST boss stacks up quick. It was very rare for me fall behind on Johnny Quick, Owlman, and Ultraman boss damage when Pan was a top raid. Very handy if you just have 1 boss to deal with.
  11. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

It doesnt have a head mod if I'm not mistaken so its not going to build as fast as barrage. If you go do your single target rotation on a dummy starting with barrage and then go do it starting with nv youll parse higher with barrage.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Don’t forget the defense buff! That’s saved my butt so many times :D More on topic, I used my free 170 boost on a fire character. Based on my admittedly very little experience, Volcanic Calamity does feel a bit underwhelming for an 100%. Fireball Barrage is BRUTAL though.
    • Like x 1
  13. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

If you're available I'd love to run a doomsday raid with you. See how our single target rotations stack up.
  14. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I'm on now
  15. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I'm stuck at work. I'll be on tonight by 1030 est. It is my leagues raid night but I'll be on late after that. I'll message you if I see you on.
    • Like x 1