Fire DPS and its need for a small fix.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by WesPypes3679, Apr 5, 2018.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Whole heartedly agree with Overheat. Major buff needed, or costs reduction. I would prefer it be on par with Electrogenesis for power cost and damage. In its current state it is a bit of a joke. A cruel one. I would halfway be ok if the cost was cut in half and made clippable.
    In ok with FB the way it is, but extending range could do nothing but make that ability useful in more situations. If the range remained the same, a melee bonus should be granted.
    I would like to see Mass Det be more consistent for the power cost. Spontaneous Combustion is quirky and unpredictable. If I knew for certain I was going to get 3 explosions every time, I wouldn't say it needed much, as it remains it should have a small buff.
  2. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I cannot speak on fire as a whole because I mainly tank on my fire toon, but ice can do really good damage from distance as well. With my ice loadouts I am at full range and I have been parsing pretty good numbers with. Now I agree there are some small fixes for both fire and ice that could help both powers. Like for example, avalanche does not receive any bonus from frost bitten enemies. I have a list of small fixes for ice but I won’t list them because this a fire thread. As far as munitions goes, it is cheesy, and it does have several hard hitting moves, but I think if they fixed chain gun munitions might be brought in line. The only reason why fire and ice might be more difficult is the fact our hardest moves are interruptible. So should the devs speed up the cast times? Should they make a mod that prevents us from getting interrupted? I don’t know, but I do agree both powers need minor tweaks
    • Like x 1
  3. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I've been saying exactly that about fireburst since I switched to fire.
  4. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Very well put. I agree
  5. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

We were talking about this the other day but I do think we need a tactical mod so we can't be interrupted on a fireburst/frost blast. People get channeled mods for that, there should be a casting mod. Looking forward to your "small fixes for ice thread".

I almost feel like making casts uninteruptable brings us in line.
  6. XEMD Well-Known Player

I've seen some ice users be number one the leader board o_O
  7. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I’ve topped the leader board and quite frequently but that doesn’t mean ice and fire don’t need fixing.
    • Like x 2
  8. XEMD Well-Known Player

I never said it didn't either, Just made a comment :p
  9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Same here. I do really well with Fire DPS, and have a few really good Ice DPS friends. Fire and Ice are good in the right hands, but that doesn't negate the fact they need a few small fixes.
  10. L T Devoted Player

I suspect all fire players will be using heat vision with the new artifact soon depending on how strong the explosions are. Applying burning in an aoe is a big benefit also.
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

All the fire players that have money to pay for sun stones you mean, lol.
  12. L T Devoted Player

oh stop. I don't plan on spending a dime beyond my subscription. Nth metal that drops in the vault and just in the course of play will get it leveled to 80 in short enough order.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Ya'll can have your fire fixes once atomic gets some love. I hate the limited choices. The sub par powers. A year later and iconics still make up for underperforming powers. ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This is true. I don't like the high level artifacts with the money grab either. People need to wake up. Past level 80, is not needed. Heck, most of the content we run was, and still can be, done without the artifacts.
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I recently switched back to fire and I think that a good way to imporve it would be to improve fire's burning Dots to be more like Electricity or Nature.

What I think would be cool would be to work in reverse of the other two DoT classes. Instead of trying to keep the dots spread all the time you want to stack as many as possible and cosume. This is how a melee loadout worked back in the day for melee where you would use Enflame, Inferno, Backdraft, flaspoint , and immolation. Enflame , Inferno, Immolaition into flashpoint would stack for Dots. Burnout would be your finisher to consume te dots and you would restart the rotation.

The devs can set up a system of burn appliers and burn consumers for a special pi.

Backdraft, Mass Detonation, fireburst, snuff out, absorb heat and detonate can be you consumers

Wildfire(works like a weaker flashpoint) , flashpoint(should now apply burns since immolaion is now a shield), overheat (i'd motion for wildfire to interact with overheat spreading it to multiple enemies with the stipulation it can only spread from the original so that you are forced to use over heat again. This is so it does not become like nature and electricity).

Fireball Barrage and Spontaneous combustion are the ones that I am unsure of.

This system benefits ranged and melee styles of loadout. Hybrid styles can take advantage too. Your weapon damage would make up the difference of not having as many burns stacked for consumption.

Bring back the blue fire or or that Advanced mechanic sound so you know you have at least 2-4 burns for more effective damage.

I don't think this would be hard to adjust for the dev team as the mechanic existed when the game launched.
  16. L T Devoted Player

I'll get there. Some day. Probably.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

80 is a 10% buff. How much of a buff do you get at 160, in addition to 5% extra might and 3% extra power?
  18. L T Devoted Player

You're not wrong. Atomic could use some tweaks also.
    • Like x 1
  19. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I also agree. Atomic needs some love.
  20. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Mind telling me about this new artifact? I hadn't heard about it