Fire AM: Breaking Game-Wide Rules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TrueGODofMarvel, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

I believe Wildfire just inflicts the burning DoT, which Inferno already applies.

It's annoying enough to have the risk/reward out of wack, but in order to just do well enough AM users have to get close enough to get Immolation from Inferno for Overheat. That's closer than than other mid range AM options and it just does enough to be adequate at Dpsing
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Ice is OP at the moment so dont compare ice to fire, Its like comparing the cat to the mouse.
  3. Jadzea Dax Well-Known Player

you will not see mental AM players using mass lev b/c its crits hit half as hard as mass terror. My dps gear is 106 with 97 weap chest legs helm and boots modded, rest at 96 blue unmodded, and my mass terror is critting for 27.5k and my mass lev hasn't hit for over 14.5k and both finishers seem to have close to same range
  4. Stark23 Committed Player

Whether they use it or not is not the point.
  5. Lacedog Loyal Player

Picks up mic.
    I really think they need to figure out if they are sticking with cast time powers or not. Burst is always going to win out over cast times. Period. The only way to make mass det and fire's am worth it is to either make mass det more consistent, or eliminate the cast times all together and just make fireburst work like emp and mass det work like pdart.

With that said, fire is in a much better place than it has been in for a while. Tanking is great on both sides. The wm damage side is crazy good, hello volcanic calamity. And the am is nice. Very nice actually, just a bit too inconsistent.

Puts mic down nicely this time.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jadzea Dax Well-Known Player

so what is your point? Mental AM has 1 good finisher and 1 broken finisher not worth using? I thought that was your complaint? And when mass terror doesn't crit it's damage is poor.
  7. Stark23 Committed Player

Read my post. My point is clear. There is no complaint in it. It's correcting his mis-information, which he based this entire thread around.
  8. ApolloMystique New Player

Everyone knows fire's am is bad and needs to be fixed...it is uo to the devs to listen to the customers and make the necessary changes...it's not as if we are asking for them to go above and beyond with fire...we are asking to make it jist as good as other ams...this doesnt require a gu...fire can be fixed with a hotfix...
  9. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

There are 2 kinds of fire users. I am the second kind.
    I long ago raised hell in fire threads,don't now. I have a test account.....but not for fire really...testing smesting.
    When they say they are changing things I wait for it to go live and I adapt,integrate and move on with my hot self.

Fire rules! It's the super coolest most happy monkey death car power for me:)
  10. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

So with the introduction to Quantum's mechanic can we now official say something is systematically and fundamentally inconsistent about fire's mechanic.

Here's my issue.

Time Bomb, EMP, Arctic Gust, etc are ALL doing more consistent damage than Mass Det. On top of that While we are doing cast times, those finishers are instant and allow other buffed AM powers to discharge. Our Mass Det theoretically should equal the effective DPS of ALL the set up and finisher powers combined of anyother individual AM mechanic. It's clear that it doesn't.
    • Like x 6
  11. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

Nice words! The Devs needs to see this and say something. I can play with the AM, but is really weak because this incontant damage. I wanna see the Fireburst with this ideia.

The problem with the MD is because the critical system for it is sucks. I hited more then 25k for 5 consecutive times! Then I hited 6k for 12 consecutive times in the same boss...... crap... :(

They can changes Fireburst, they just need to want to do.
  12. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

It was actually a burning Aura around you.
  13. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

It's been theorized as such. Also what you said doesn't contradict what I wrote. The point is that the SC procs still exist
  14. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

It's not a theory, that's what it was. SC actually got nerfed when they gutted it in this way but nobody noticed because they bumped the burst damage a bit.
  15. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

So we will have our only option for AM be one that's channeled and inconsistent.

Fire, Earth & Sorcery AM's, while cool in concept lack in execution.

I'm hoping something comes positive comes from it all. Until that happens, WM and Spont until my fingers hurt. :(
    • Like x 3
  16. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

it's a theory. A theory doesn't mean its wrong. It just means imo, the Devs didn't inexplicably say it. SC did not get nerfed outright. It just lost its utility and flexibility and replaced it with raw damage.

Also It's been theorized that the procs followed you in an aura like way(meaning the procs could still go off on a different target long after the move was cast if you went somewhere else. While it does not follow you anymore, What I said is that, Those very same procs are still in existence. Except they are activated almost instantaneously with the initial burst of SC. The only thing that can be considered a negative is that the burning dot was lost. Everything else was simply shifted or buffed
  17. VariableFire Loyal Player

I feel like Fire's AM was conceived too early or something, with the way all the other powers AMs have developed, it's like Fire's AM was for them to figure out what not to do. Cast time powers should just be eliminated. They're way too afraid to boost the consistent damage to make it worth it.

The biggest problem with MD's crit rate is that it's only good for long boss battles, battles that everyone else complains about to the point that those get shortened (read, T6 enemy HP lowered) and MD just crits on the low end for the short time the bosses are up (and that's forgetting trash mobs).
    • Like x 2
  18. Minecrawler New Player

How about comparing with HL ? Nature? No wait Quantum? :p
  19. Minecrawler New Player

I don't see any possibility of a fire update anytime soon. Why? Cause the same freakin things have been said over and over again by many since the super awesome mechanic update. And not even a word from the devs on any of those threads. At least they updated the tank role.
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

[IMG]