Finishers after the revamp? Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Oct 5, 2016.

1. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Never got clarification as to what part finishers will be playing in PvE after the revamp. Although situational, missions like raids, bosses can be slow to burn so you can use it a couple of times when they are under 35%.

My question is, will they do huge damage after the revamp thus causing cookie cutter load outs where you must have them? Should finishers be a thing that's specially for just PvP?

Discuss
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

They should be PvP only.
  3. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

That's my thought as well, I don't want finishers to be a must, we are suppose to prevent cookie cutter load outs after the update. They are great in PvP.
  4. VV Dedicated Player

So I ran KCT with a really odd mental loadout few days ago ( Proxy was there with me), Terrorize did MASSIVE damage. 35-45K crits while I was keeping decent DoTs on. If the update is more about bringing roles closer and allowing bosses to have more mechanics than saying "This boss is hard because it takes 45mins to DPs him!" - Finishers could be nerfed. Or if bosses have mechanics past 35% (Lash's reflect being at 25%) and changing the mechanic to powers being able to trigger reflect damage even after first cast ( As in, channeling during reflect getting you killed) finishers could improve gameplay.

If they're critting as high as AMs - then NO. I was 2nd on scorecard with a really goofy loadout. The finisher and crits carried me.

Final verdict - Tactical usage and Finishers meaning something more than just raw damage = YES.
    OP Damage brah, look at dat 50K crit doe = No.
    • Like x 1
  5. VV Dedicated Player

The post above aside,

Imagine channels from DPs and supports of different powers onto one boss AND the boss getting KO'd after it! IT'D BE BEAUTIFUL! It's like a cheesy power ranger ending to a raid but I'd dig it! BEEEEEAAAAAMS!
    • Like x 1
  6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Why would they do AM level damage if AM bonus damage is getting removed? All damage is getting rebalanced and we have all the reason to expect finishers to NOT be anywhere near current (AM) level. Before WM finishers were decent but not OP, I can only remember Gadgets using their finisher regularly because it was great even above 35%. Even then not everyone used Photon Blast because after all it was still a single target power.

Expect finishers to be worth it, just like SC (according to the announcements), but don't expect either of them to be required for a competitive build. They will play a big part in FOTM builds, at least for a while, but I'm sure not using them will be perfectly viable.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

They'll function exactly like they did prior to all the changes, beneficial at the end of a fight...

why is everyone so worried about these finishers?
    • Like x 1
  8. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I think some of you guys are taking the "no cookie cutter" type statements too far. They almost admit in the stream that some stuff will end up being better (and they even talk about how they want to make supercharges a lot better to encourage people to use them; not sure how you can watch that and think there won't be some powers that you will want to have in your loadout, just like before AMs). I don't have a strong opinion on finishers per se, but they were making those statements in relation to AM v. Non-AM powers and how no one uses anything outside the AM because AM powers do multiples more damage than non-AM.
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

Where in the world would you have ever gotten the idea that anyone is even thinking of preventing cookie cutter loadouts?

That is 100% impossible.

Finishers, should hopefully be the same as always. Do more damage at 35%, but not enough to really notice unless you are sitting there starring at the numbers.

Kinda like PI's. It's nice to know that they're "working", but you wouldn't actually notice much of a difference.

THAT'S what I'm looking forward to. Even the most perfect loadout, with the perfect use of finishers, PI's and Supercharges, wouldn't be a huge difference from someone just playing "normally".

I never again want to see the ability to decimate the scoreboard the way AM's vs non AM use is today.

Even the difference between clipping and non clipping wasn't THAT big a difference.

Not to say knowledge and practice should go unrewarded. Not at all. Just I'd much rather see

much, much less focus on competition between players on the same team.
  10. motionsick Well-Known Player

Finishers used to be a part of PVE weren't they?
    (the power descriptions were never updated, even years later)

I hate to be the one to bring it up again.. but sure, they'd be great.. if the.. ahem.. risk/reward was there.