FINALLY! after 5 years...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BipolarDiva, Feb 26, 2016.

1. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Diva got her first piece of op gear.

A ring from a&b.

I got 9 gold kryptonite chunks from the vault across all my toons before getting a SINGLE piece of op gear for any...lol.
    • Like x 14
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I've never gotten a kryptonite chunk, that aside.... the Gloves Ras Al Ghul loads are too sweet...
    • Like x 1
  3. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

What is considered OP gear?
  4. Vesper Dedicated Player

Items of Omnipotence are special, on an Orange background for your character sheet.

They have highly increased stats versus items of the same CR. The stat increases are high enough that they are generally better than gear more than 30 CR higher.

This CR differential thing has made OP gear less of a fun chase though, because despite the incredible stats, the low CR of the items compared to the next gear each month makes it outdated quickly. For instance, the Gloves of OP from just 2 months ago in Demon's Plan will be lower in CR than the new gear that drops in Episode 22 next month. There are many CR-snobs out there that will not invite your toons to groups if your CR isn't maxed out, so wearing OP items that increase your stats but lower your CR keeps you out of groups.

While I am really hoping that this new direction for Stats & Skill Points being more important works, I really do wish that there were some type of Crafting thing we could do to up the CR of our OP items from time to time.
    • Like x 5
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

still havent seen any OP items on my main or any other character thats CR150 up, grats.
    • Like x 1
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

or craft OP items all together, iirc they said they didnt have plans atm to make OP items craft-able but crafting has been here for how long now?

edit:

and just make a OP item cost like 1k-3k of the materials that come from the 3 cycles gear.
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

OP items became available when Battle for Earth launched (March 2012). So more like:

"FINALLY! after 4 years ...."

:):D;) Congrats!
    • Like x 1
  8. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Never seen a kryptonian chunk or an OP item lol
    • Like x 1
  9. Ichiro Loyal Player

congrats
    • Like x 1
  10. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I got my OP ring too, and it has better stats, but lower CR. I know the feeling. :(
    • Like x 1
  11. Wildboy Committed Player

Congratz! I've received a similar number of PZ Kryptonite Chunks and OMAC Trinkets over the years, but only recently got an OP Ring. On an alt. Remember when lockboxes were new and it was possible to get an orange item during leveling? I received a couple of those goodies back then.
    • Like x 1
  12. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Proud of you brother... now let's farm you some more, lol.
    • Like x 1
  13. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Actually I posted an idea a while back in which they should add Affinity Mods for having Omnipotent gear that increase your "Equipped CR" to your "Combat Rating" if you're wearing "x" amount of Omnipotent gear. But that idea may never come about since they plan on getting rid of CR differentials.
    • Like x 1
  14. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I'm still trying to get the gold OP belt from Prison Break raid. Does it drop only in elite or it can drop in regular too?
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

in reg too
  16. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Congrats!! Shiny, right...?

*In Gollum voice...* my precious...
    • Like x 1
  17. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Reg and elite....OP waist is elite gear even if obtained in reg btw
    • Like x 1
  18. omegahawk74 Committed Player

my brother and I both have gotten the OP ring enough times. I have had to delete 3 of them as sadly I could only wear 2. My brothers had to delete more then me even.
  19. Backseid Devoted Player

I'll care about OP items when the make any sense. The whole CR thing renders them useless. What a well though out system...
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Get you Ring of Omnipotence from A&B?
    • Like x 1