FFXIV PHASE 4 BETA

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Duragon, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Bee's Knees New Player

Yeah I started as Marauder. Loved the feel of it but not too sure if that's going to be my main since I didn't really get to try out any of the magic classes.
    • Like x 1
  2. Duragon Committed Player

My only problem is that we can't test Arcanist... because I have a feeling I'm really gonna like Summoner.
    • Like x 1
  3. Duragon Committed Player

There is a huge debate on the Square-Enix forums about Marauder/Warrior being a better tank than Gladiator/Paladin. And the enmity/tank system looks tough for this game. I like it a lot.
    • Like x 1
  4. MrHeat New Player

I'll keep my eye on this thread. It could be a cool idea. Plus it would fit into my guys story since mrheat will be the same person there as he is here
    • Like x 2
  5. Duragon Committed Player

This sounds super-interesting.... </backdrop>

How? .. fill us in!
    • Like x 1
  6. MrHeat New Player

The Crystal Reached Out for Help, but Superman and Lex couldn't make it......

So instead we few were chosen to answer the call. Believe me though in no way was this my idea. I had a good thing going in Metropolis. I hate to brag, but I was almost as big as Lex, Joker, and that lady that can do magic.....ok maybe she's not that big aaannd yes maybe I might be lying just a tad bit about almost being as big as Lex and Joker. That's not important, don't know why you brought that up anyways.

Where was I before you interrupted me? Oh yeah like I was saying, just minding my own business just trying to make an unhonest living so I can feed my poor hungry henchmen when the next thing I know there's a bright light . Now let me make sure you're understanding. I go by the name Mr Heat, fire is my thing. I could light up a few square blocks, so when I say it was bright, I mean it was BRIGHT.

So to recap. Yada yada yad big thing. Yada yada yada hungry henchmen. Yada yada BRIGHT. Once the light faded I was floating in front of a huge crystal. Just when I thought I've seen it all it started talking to me like something out of Final Fantasy.

"Lex I have called you here to help save our realm from the darkness that is coming. Will you answer the call of the Crystal?"

"Um I'm not Lex , sooo can you send me back to Metropolis?"

"Not Lex? Oh dear this isn't good. I'm afraid I can't send you back so you will have to do."

Can that crystal make you feel special or what. Made me all warm inside. I was about to ask it just why the hell it couldn't send me back, but the next thing I know I'm waking up here in this wagon telling you my story.
    • Like x 3
  7. Duragon Committed Player

Seriously impressed..... this is the most awesome back-story I have ever read. Dude... well done. Very well done indeed.
    • Like x 1
  8. MARK2099 New Player

I'm sick of games who lock players forever in servers, i remember long ago in mmo we could pick servers everytime we log, now we pick one and we stuck in there forever until we create another character in another server, forcing players to create multiple toons if want to play with different players or friends who start in other servers.

I'm playing in diabolos server, not sure if was populated or not, the leviathan server is us server? and is the first in the list of us servers? not sure if going to play the final game, but i do enjoy play betas, hope phase 4 is open the entire week not only 2 days like now lol.

My name was Sylvanna2099 L'ciel, i think after get wiped my character i'm gonna be the same name.
    • Like x 1
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Leviathon sounds good to me, was already thinking about going there because of friends. I might have a different company to join, but we'll see. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Duragon Committed Player

Tell your company to join us... I have like 16 - 20 people already. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Duragon Committed Player

In the beta you can't switch servers but when the game is released I'm almost positive you can switch servers to meet up with friends or whatever. FFXI allows you to do that... I can't remember if there is a cost or if you can only switch servers once every 3 months or something... but I know Square-Enix allows it. Again, once your character gets wiped, you can just make a new toon in Leviathan, but you do have the freedom to go between servers in the future.
    • Like x 1
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

They are mostly a complete company (mostly coming from the original FF XIV), but because they are complete I don't know if they will have room. So like I said we'll see.
    • Like x 2
  13. Duragon Committed Player

cool. But let us know your name when you make your Phase 4 character and we'll friend and keep in touch. ^^
    • Like x 1
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Will do.
    • Like x 1
  15. Twisted Titan Committed Player

I just started playing on Leviathan this weekend. Depending on if I find another group of friends to play with, that's where I plan to stay.
    • Like x 2
  16. BahamutMugendai New Player

When does the actual open beta start?

Been trying to get into the closed beta but i can seem to get a key from anywhere :(
  17. Duragon Committed Player

Welcome! <(^.^)>
    ...remember that when phase 4 begins, and you make your new character, join Leviathan and post your name on this thread ^^.
    • Like x 1
  18. Duragon Committed Player

... can't you download the FFXIV trailer from the Playstation Store and get one? I thought you could...
    • Like x 1
  19. BahamutMugendai New Player

I did download it and never got one in my email :(
  20. Duragon Committed Player

; ;... I hope someone else has an answer. I know I got my code from a survey I did on the original site like 3 months ago and was in the beta for Phase 3. I had a friend do the same and he got into it the week after he signed up.. here's the link...

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

click where it says "sign up for beta", lol. ...and good luck.
    • Like x 1