Feedback from ingame...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I've been eyeballing trade, LFG, and shout reading people's reactions to the revamp, and for the most part I gotta say I'm impressed. More positive then negativity going around. I used to think AM folks were the majority of the population and would absolutely despise this update, but after today, reading how everyone is enjoying the variety, gotta say i may have been wrong. Anyone who says they're quitting the game is met with harassment and smart remarks such as "send me your stuff before you go."

While that behavior isn't exactly social friendly, it shows the mindset of many people in the game and perhaps that AMs were the wrong route to go. Is there still tweaks to be made? Definitely. Overall though I think its going to be a success as a whole, Good job guys.

P.S, this was on the villain side, not sure about heroes.
    • Like x 18
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

The AM people are a huge portion but they also craved variety. Most / some of the testers made sure no one was left behind. When you try to make sure that all types of play are covered you really cannot lose. That's why some of the testers pushed to make sure all play styles were covered along with weapons, powers, movement and iconics not just one type or style. ( some more than others )

Trying to make one style of play with less variety would have been the wrong way to go.
    • Like x 3
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah, that's why I tested multiple play styles as well as others, we wanted them all to be competitive, It's still too early to tell if that's been achieved or not, but after running raids I know the damage gap is alot smaller, so if there is an "Op" or "FOTM" power, it won't outclass other by a huge margin at all.
    • Like x 6
  4. VikDarkbomb. New Player

Heroes in US region responses have been a bit of a mixed bag overall. There's often been spurts of negativity, then followed by spurts of positivity, then back around.
    • Like x 2
  5. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

The heroes are the usual suspects as far as grumpiness. :) not bad though
    • Like x 2
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

From what I have tested on the test server, it's not bad to me. The only thing that I did not really test was celest. Other than that I was fairly confident everything was a lot better than what was on Live as of yesterday.
    Fingers crossed that we did not miss anything HUGE testing the past year. :D

Side note: Today was the first time in a long time that I had to wait to log in game 3:55...... LOL as a member.
  7. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

hum. all I see is a MAJOR NERF to powers. tell me. with 328sp. and max crits and might. how is US-E going to get done with the low damage were doing?????
    • Like x 3
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

All im gonna say is the hero side is a much different story. At least from what i saw earlier.
    • Like x 1
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

All NPC's health was adjusted all across the board. There should only be a few issues that pop up.
  10. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

okay. so. they nerf the NPC'S. they nerf us. and the point of this was...??? and what was the point of having a cap on might. dom. ect??? yes. were not there just yet. it just seems like all they did was. make it take longer to do things. which means...were see fewer things to do in the future. takes longer to do them. no need to give us more to do...redoing the skill points is much better. other then that. I don't see how this helped anything...
    • Like x 4
  11. Ringz Dedicated Player

So far everything on my observing end been mixed. Few roaches here and there asking whats the new new of being op, but those same guys were asking will they be ok with 150> sp.

What i have seen the most is majority spreading so much wrong info and I sense very wrong YT videos coming soon. Thats where the devs livestream should've been there to properly explain things. Overall they'll be fine. If they didn't leave when dcuo was at its lowest point the past 2 years, then they aren't going anywhere now. That was just an argument point that folks would try to use with no data backup.

Then again, this is day 1. What this revamp brought to the table definitely wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. Those other parts will definitely trigger how people really feel.
    • Like x 1
  12. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Hero side is some negative but alot of positive and yes when people say they are going to quit theres alot of Byes.
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'm sort of mixed as to my feelings personally.... Still want some one to explain how a Cr 150 DPS that could pound the living crap out of a CC Bounty the other day.. Used up 3 sodas, backup, supply drop and orbital strike and wound up rezzing when I got defeated. That was my first view of the new system

HOWEVER. then I logged on my Atomic Tank. I did all the necessary revamping with my Sp and powers and headed to the War torn Village where , IN TANK MODE THE ENTIRE TIME, I managed to not just defeat Cr 196 (? I THINK) mobs but defeated them quickly and from what I saw my combos were not only still providing me with heals but were also now keeping my power level higher. I completed all 3 daily missions with no difficulty and even defeated 411 of Savages troops .. I made in quick by pulling about 6 or more of them around me and just pounding away until they were all dead. I never used a single soda, never used my supply drop and was never in an sort of trouble at all. Afterwards i headed to AREA 51 and did the exact same thing and then just to round out the evening's fun I headed to Typhone's Invasion zone and wiped up the streets with the 186 mobs there.. Just to clarify my atomoic tank is CR 189 not 200 or better. So while some powers may still need tweaking i was very pleased with the results i got with Atomic.

Tomorrow i will look for teams doing the bounties and see how well that goes but from what i saw tonight.. I have no doubt it will be fine. Maybe I just need to go back into My Cr 150 Hard Light's Sp tree and move some SP around? The Tank was easy.. I poured a pile of SP into Health and Dom and and divided some up between Precision, and damage Crits.. Figured if I was going to have 8 guys crowded around me all getting beat up May as well increase the chances of doing major damage.

It will take some time for players to figure out where and how to use SP but they get that straight and I think it will be okay.
    • Like x 5
  14. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Enh. I haven't even logged in today.

I tried last night looking over the gadgets guide to see if I could figure out where to start. It's a technical manual. I think the only prayer I have of deciphering it is to get out a notebook and start making outlines.

And I get it - "you is too dumb for DCUO!" Yeah. I have a hard job. I make money at it. But the prevailing wisdom here has always been that people need to buckle down and treat this like rocket science. I just want to plug in and be a super hero for awhile after another hard day in real life.

Maybe tomorrow.
    • Like x 7
  15. Grumpy Wookiee New Player

My munitions dps cr 103 sp100 went from being able to hold his own in t6 raids to now needing 3 other toons & taking 6 minutes to beat full house & getting knocked out by captain boomerang & the oan sciencells. So in my opinion the stats revamp has totally ruined a character that I was having a great time playing & gearing up, & I have 22 other toons that I was leveling up as well..now i see nothing but a big headache, an expensive gear damage bill & lots of aggravation if i were to even attempt to run raids at my CR & I have zero incentive to run lower CR raids which wont give me marks & will give me worthless gear I already had. So theoretically it's a stalemate on what I can do in this game which means I have no need to continue playing this game or maintaining my subscription. But good luck with the stats revamp. Been playing this game since it came out first on PS3 & now on xbox one..but I think this is most likely where I call it quits.
    • Like x 2
  16. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Im liking the revamp for the most part but I am really not a fan of power costs especially for healers. Also combo powers cost power for the combos.
    • Like x 1
  17. TestReporter Loyal Player

Err... I mean, did you at least read the revamp post?
  18. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

loving the revamp, unfortunately I got spanked in a raid in dmg. So i guess i have to reconfigure MY OWN INDIVIDUAL LOADOUT. Notice how i get to experience the joy of tweaking my loadout for more dmg?! Awesome
    • Like x 1
  19. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Yea its becouse most villans use sarcasm :)
    Who like that 180 SP dps got same dmg potential as 340 SP dps ?
    Whats the point of farming SP if 180 make you king of the jungle ?
    People ask about stat/sp matter and here is what we got :
    1) SP matters but only 180 next 140 we can put in HP .
    2) the difference betwen 201 ( 0 OP gear ) + 180 SP and 202 full OP + 340 SP is ......ding ding ding 10 dmg per sec . (using same loadsout )

You saying people are happy becouse of that ? Im asking what is the point of playing becouse after this revamp for DPS there is non .
    We can stop farming SP and OP items just sit w8 for new dlc and sing cumbayaaaaaaa!!!!

This limit of 175 SP in Might and Power or Prec is disgusting it should be 1000 and its up 2 you where you gona add all those SP you was working on for past years .

This game H8 vets .
    • Like x 1
  20. TestReporter Loyal Player

This will be a long time process, for now it looks awesome, and i hope it continues to do so. But (there is always a but), we need to be prepared for when/if some secrets loadouts are discovered and not rage if one power shines because of that. The only thing i expect from the devs is: If/when it happens get it fixed asap and don't let things get like AM, because back in those days, a bad power wasn't balanced, it was tremenduous buffed, and the good powers weren't balanced either, they were nerfed to the ground (aka quantum).