"Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Drathmor, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

we have many trinkets that change us into many things

I Want one that turns us into a Giant form of our selves

like what happens when we pick up the legendary Weapons or in the long live the legion Bounty fight

would be great fun to play around with

:D
    • Like x 7
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I like the idea, but it would have to be combat restricted on duty for various reasons
    • Like x 1
  3. Casey Jaymz Active Player

I like the idea as well as long as it's a cosmetic only
    • Like x 1
  4. Jcal Dedicated Player

Oh yes, I want this bad!! There's also the tiny effect as well. I'd love to have BOTH!
    • Like x 2
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They had to shrink the manbat transformation because people were using it ti have the extended roll. So if they do something like this than I’d imagine you’d get turned back as soon as you get in combat
    • Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I don't need it in combat I don't think I have really ever used the shape changing trinkets when I wasn't just standing around waiting on something

as the sprite body type I can defiantly see the advantage of having it when trying to tank tho as I always get lost in the adds and cant see my toon any longer

but I'm more interested in the enjoyment factor for just having fun in open world with friends
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

A growing shrinking power would be nice to have.

But if they can't for some reason.... a trinket would be a nice compromise.

Heck the growing trinket could give you a boost to your super strenght??
    The shrinking trinket could..... ....... can't think what it could right now. :oops:

Or it could just be a cosmetic thing. ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Manbat was being used with tumbling master to gain large distances. I wouldn’t mind seeing it but they would probably have to program it to not be useable in combat or for it auto take you out when you enter combat.

It’s not only the manbat thou. If you look at the 31st century bosses and even the patch work. When having a size altering transformation your rolls get affected too.
  9. PolarisSylar Committed Player

A trinket that turns into the DC comics “ Giganta” . Like that bounty girl at Legiondoom area.
  10. leavemebee New Player

And small one from the Cou raid :)
    • Like x 2
  11. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Shrinking would increase Defence, you know.... because you're harder to hit being small.
    • Like x 3
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That is what I get for posting in the morning still half asleep. ;)
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Question, when you transform into a bigger body size like in the artifacts of the past raid or from the Long Live The Legion bounty, does your style reflect the change? So far I noticed two different transformation sizes and one is the giant form and the other is the super tiny form, there was a lot going on so I couldn’t tell at the time but I wanted to test it out multiple times with different toons using different styles to see if the change isn’t problematic.
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yes what ever you look like normal is giant sized in those instances if I'm understanding you correctly
    • Like x 1
  15. Achikah All About That Base

There used to be a trinket in-game which did this exact thing. It was called Bane Venom Injector and it did exactly what you're asking for. Not Urgrund weapon size, but a decent buff to actual character height. I think it actually has some stat modifiers on it too, much like the OMAC trinket does, but I can't remember.

However, sadly, it doesn't exist anymore. I can't remember the exact detail, but what I do remember was that people were using it to exploit Prime Battleground at its peak, finding a way to shift size and glitch through the Brainiac bottle platform after they had been locked out. I always assumed this was the reason it was taken away, but I can't confirm that.
    • Like x 1
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Ok great you spotted that to. Now where does the problem come when players keep saying they can’t make a bigger size for us? If they did it perhaps as a transformation via a trinket then there won’t be as much of a problem right? We can literally be Bane or Giganta.
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

There was a bug a long time ago that caused you to get super big. But what everyone kept saying was that the sizes is too much work for the devs since there’s just so many styles.
    • Like x 1
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

It was also being used in the Gotham Zoo Raid where you fight agains the bat-infected Joker/Riddler/Batman. One or two players could pin one of the bosses against the wall and keep him there.

There was also a controller bug where in Prime Battleground the Avatars were being changed into normal sized ghosts.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or the tiny one you sometimes get in the Legion bounties when you miss a crystal....'Ant Man toons for all!'.

And hey, maybe small I can get myself away from the broker without rallying when pinned in by someone's pets. Double bonus.
    • Like x 1
  20. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

....looking forward to the mini tank flying above everyone so they do not see AOE targeting the tank flying... which is not different from regular sized tank flying....
    Why are enemy AOE indications in the air at all?? Why is a power ability in the air at all?? for flying characters.
    Note to Devs: Stop applying power abilities at the feet of a character. Put it on the GROUND! Less obstructing the view of enemy AOE cues/tells. If you do it properly.

PS: why when the cutscenes start my character does a 180? since day one. It baffles me. Will someone take control of the game? Camera in cutscene in environment with user characters, should not rotate a character 180 degrees. I try /emotes and am not facing the camera when i do it with your 180 turn thang. /wary. Power abilities doing an AOE, should ALWAYS be shown on the ground. It's implied with AOE.... nothing to do with height of the character using the ability off the ground. :rolleyes: I've strongly disliked water AOE heals, obscures so much of the floor/enemy attack tells. Yeah, that needs improvement.

I've suggested using a bottled city soder enlarges our characters several times. I support this idea.

I'm.... next year when the supposed upgrade happens. Maybe then they have tools to implement in even the older content, and thus make changes for the entire game.