Feat effects vs drop rates

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dwild, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Dwild Well-Known Player

If you accomplish feats in Metal dlc for completing the 3 Collections, A Simple Machine, Getting a Reaction and Dark Schism, does it affect the drop rates on collection pieces on that toon? Does it lower the odds of another collection piece dropping? Follow up question: if you have completed those feats and then use Replay tokens on any of your alts to get the feat too, does it also lower the odds of THAT character getting a collection drop? Because I've been playing every day since this DLC came out and the drops (as rare as they were) have totally stopped since I took the Feats. My other alts don't have the collections completed, was wondering if I screwed myself when I used the replay tokens to get the feats on them.
  2. Korvyne Committed Player

Let me put it like this, in the first week of the DLC I had 2 collection pieces drop, the cheapest ones on the broker. One more dropped, couldn't say for sure in the same week but not long after, it was a duplicate which I put in my leagues bank. I've had 0 drop since.

To sum up, I don't have any of the feats and none are dropping for me either.
    • Like x 2
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The drop rates on these collections has been abysmal... period.
    • Like x 4
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

Unlocking the feats doesnt influence the drop rates for op collection however by unlocking the feats u cant get the op gear on that toon anylonger since u wont be able to get the necessary catalysts.
  5. Pinky Well-Known Player

I used replay badges to get the 3 OP collection feats on my alt, then later that same day, ran the SS solo and managed to get an OP collection drop on him. So I can say that unlocking the feats doesnt influence the drop rates for op collection.
  6. Pinky Well-Known Player

That sucks. I didn't realise this when I unlocked the feats on my alt. Are there any plans to change this by the devs? ie, make the catalysts account bound or make them purchasable on the same character which unlocked the OP collection feats with replay badges?
  7. Dwild Well-Known Player

I can't see how that would work. Since you get the 3 items needed, Joker Toxin, the Crowbar thing and whatever the 3rd part is as rewards for completing the Collection, it's the combination of the 3 things you get from each collection that you use to Open Robins gift, which gives you the OP neck. I know if you get one of the items (specifically Joker Toxin) you can actually purchase it from one of the brokers in Metal Gotham for 10 coins but only on the specific toon that completed the collection. Why you would want to buy a 2nd Toxin for the same toon is beyond me, because you can't trade it to anyone, even an alt. Unless you were trying to get a 2nd OP neck to put a different mod into (like a dps mod on one and a troller mod on a 2nd). It's very confusing.
  8. Pinky Well-Known Player

I think you've misunderstood him.
    Spack2k was referring to unlocking the OP feats on an alt which does not yet have his own Dark Robin's gift opened yet (ie. the alt char hasn't finished the op collections which grant the op catalysts, but the main char has).
    Meaning that the alt won't be able to get his own OP neck.
  9. Dwild Well-Known Player

Actually it appears you CAN buy a 2nd Dark Robin's gift and all 3 of the Collection Rewards, Joker Nanotoxin, Worn Crowbar and Modified Black Kryptonite needed to open it off Sal the Snitch for 10 Coins for each reward...but you can't sell or trade them. You could only possibly use them to make a 2nd OP item for that toon. So I suppose you could have a Dps and a Troll neck piece. (Now if you COULD trade those things to an alt, if they made them Account Bound, that would be great...because you wouldn't have to put up with the gawd-awful drop rates for your alts! But apparently you can't. And buy the Feat with Replay Tokens doesn't make those items available to an alt...Sal won't see to them...I checked.)
  10. Dwild Well-Known Player

Joker Toxin, Worn Crowbar and Modified Black Kryptonite aren't "catalysts"..they're collection rewards used to open Dark Robin's Gift. And if they were only "catalysts" why would you be able to buy them off Sal if you already had used them?
  11. Pinky Well-Known Player

See my reply above.
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

You might want to reread that description again. They're catalysts, used to open the Gift.
    [IMG]
  13. Dwild Well-Known Player

Maybe that's why Robin's Gift box disappeared from my 2 alts. Perfect. Make it moving a mountain difficult to get a collection completed, allow your alts get a minimal feat for completion and not tell anyone that if they take the small change feat, they can't get the OP item. Perfect. Your DCUO Development Team In Action! If they're going to restrict something that's pretty much restricted already, you would think they would tell someone the consequences of "buying" a feat with replay tokens. Makes you wonder if there's a Screwing Over Players committee in the Dev Squad.
  14. Dwild Well-Known Player

depressed
  15. Dwild Well-Known Player

And yet my main can still Buy the Catalysts from Sal. Why, if he can't use them? Is there any logic there?
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's in case you accidentally delete the neck.
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

One for each role or in case you accidentally delete them.
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

no since i heard that at the start of the episode one got the catalysts necessary for the OP neck by unlocking the feats however they hotfixed that a few days later... in the present the player gets punished for unlocking those feats on another toon:confused:
    • Like x 1
  19. Dwild Well-Known Player

If you complete the feat Chains of Love by either 1) getting all 3 awards dropped by the 3 collections and getting the OP neck or 2) by purchasing the feat with replay tokens, the initiating item Dark Robin's Gift, disappears from your inventory. Normally you get that item the first time you complete the last boss in MoM, but you can purchase it from Sal the Snitch for 10 coins. Have bought one for each of my alts that got the Feat by using Replay Tokens. Hopefully if I complete the Collections, I can use the awards to rank up the Dark Robin's gift. If I can, great. If I can't, I'm only out 10 Coins. Worth trying. And thank you all for the feedback on my post.