Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by The 14th Doctor, Aug 19, 2015.

1. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

So, with Fear The Walking Dead coming up, I want to know if anyone is excited? I believe it premires this Sunday (unless I missed something), so, naturally, I like to start speculation!

I'm really hoping this will be a good spin off, yet also good as a stand-alone show that isn't basically the same show as TWD with a different skin. The whole idea of the destruction of society is good and all, but they can only do that for so long. It'd be cool of they focused on adjusting to life as well as the scientific side of the virus. It could give an origin, an explination, and a cure. Throughout the later seasons, they could find the cure and try taking it to the CDC, only to find it destroyed, and then take it to DC, visiting past TWD locations.

As they arrive in DC, they find a Safe-Zone (depending on how long Alexandria lasts in the show), but it's Negan's group. The Alexandrians find out about the cure, try to obtain it, and it is destroyed in a battle. TWD and FTWD are caught up with each other and that could be the end of a season of FTWD, at which point they take a break while TWD is still on, focusing on recreating the cure for a season, as well as a war or something, with the characters of FTWD. The two shows break apart again as something dramatic happens in FTWD (maybe they break off from the rest of the group, taking a character or two from TWD with them, which eliminates the need to kill off characters if it gets too crowded).

This is just my speculation, ideas, hopes, dreams...
  2. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Yup, Sunday, and Oct for twd , not sure if both will be on at same time, talking dead also comes back Sunday , Chris will probably clear it up,
    After watching the family they are focusing on I hope they get "otised" they are boring,

Also z-nation will b back this fall, it's not as good as wd , but it has its moments "zombinado" LoL
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Isn't FTWD the prequel? Guess we will get both shows sometime next year
  4. Krypton Dedicated Player

I am not expecting much. It does not look that great. I do like the setting as I live there. However, when shows start to do this when its a similar concept with the spin off, I hate it. It dilutes the original concept. Meaning story lines either get recycled, or could of been better served with the original show with a more established story/characters.

We will see if they can manage both shows. I hope they can. :)
  5. Krypton Dedicated Player

No its just a different group of people experiencing the world in a different place.
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

According to the local TV Guide, it's "Described as a prequel to the hit series The Walking Dead"

We are going to get it (same day) but on a Sky channel :(
  7. Krypton Dedicated Player

I guess it could be. I do know it starts from the start of the outbreak. Walking Dead did as well.
    It might take place before the events of Walking Dead, but I don't think its supposed to be anything more than milking the money wagon. I could be wrong, maybe they will go into why and what happened.

Robert has stated many times he does not care about the origin or dealing with that.
    Who knows.

Have a friend who has an internship with a company dealing with that IP, I hope to get some good info soon. :)
    Im sure though he had to sigh a confidentiality agreement though. Booooooo :)
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

TWD didn't really deal with the start: Rick got shot, ended up in a coma, he woke up after everything went to Hoboken on a trolley bus. We got a bit of a flashback showing what happened when Shane left him, but nothing really to show what it was like during the beginning of the outbreak
  9. Krypton Dedicated Player

your right.
    Still don't see the difference i mean if your not going to explain who cares?
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Maybe he's not going to explain what caused the virus (or whatever it was), but the only other way of showing what it was like in the early days would be to have flashbacks with the current group (minus Rick seeing how he was sleeping through the whole thing)
  11. Krypton Dedicated Player

He has said he did not care about the origin or the end. It was all about the chars living in this world. I agree with him.
    It is one of the reasons why I LOVED It Follows so much. It is old school horror, where they do not deal with the origin, just deal with it. :)

If this show is going to be about the origin, im pretty sure it will suck really fast.
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's not the origin, just the early days slash collapse of civilization as they knew it
  13. Krypton Dedicated Player

That is what I thouught. It still looks like milking the cow. It is what it is. I will check it out, not expecting much. If the base chars are cool, then I will be on board. I will be shocked if I like any of them. Very few spin off shows with the same premise work, because the cast does not work. Criminal Minds has tried this twice. All In The Family and Jeffersons works because its a different show.
  14. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

The son already looks like a male crackho
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Believe this will only go for maybe two or three seasons, don't see it going much past the time Rick woke up, unless they decide to show how the folks on the West Coast deal with things
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Good, because that's what he's supposed to look like: a guy having to go through heroin withdrawl
  17. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

I also believe it won't last too long. I don't know what they'll do after civilization has already collapsed. They can do that for so long. I'm still hoping they find a cure and destroy it, then try and recreate it with the characters in TWD, but are unsucessful (maybe causing Rick to go into a power-hungry frenzy).
  18. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

U r the timer traveler, u should know
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

But you are the one who broke the 15th Doctor's vibrator thinking it was a sonic screwdriver (actually, that is pretty much what a vibrator is)
  20. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

My wife watches Walking Dead all the time and she tells me to watch it with her, but I say I don't like zombies...

Then apparently everyone I know (even my parents) watch Walking Dead... So I might start actually watching it so:

What is so great about Walking Dead?