Favorite Part of Legion DLC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SekretVillain, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

You don't have to be knocked out just fall off the edge 20 times and the counter counts for the whole group I believe. A pug group I was with was trying for the no falling feat and lord of order title but one person always fell. So at one point the group just decided to finish it. One person said they wanted to try the falling feat and lord of chaos title at which point I as the healer YEETED myself over the edge equipping a shield casting a hot or drinking a cola. My gear was messed up but I counted 24 Kamikazes by myself. Turns out only one person needed it lol. Ironically the next day I joined a group the next day and got the no falling feat without even trying for it. Lol
    • Like x 1
  2. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

3. Wildcat Committed Player

"Favorite Part of Legion DLC"?

DLC :D
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

There are so many things I adore about Long Live The Legion. Tons of tiny, flavorful touches: All of the signs in Interlac throughout Metropolis and the Legion HQ, a Legion Flight Ring, all of the history, from the Briefings to the voting kiosks to the Collections. The way they were able to translate Cosmic Boy's magnetism (those vehicle-orbital strikes are hilarious!) And of course, Freaking QUISLET! You can really feel that folks who love the LSH worked on this episode.

I do feel like the Open World portion is an improvement over Wonderverse's - so nice and open, and there's more daily stuff to do in between Bounties besides 'kill 30'. However, Validus doesn't scare me as much as the Hydra did (and still does). I probably die to Saturn Girl's auto-stun more often than any of the other bosses. On a PS4, the lag during one of those fights on a full server doesn't seem quite as bad. The Alert was an interesting experiment in storytelling, and the Raid feels suitably Raid-y.

Cons? Yeah, I suppose I miss having an instanced solo. I'd have preferred classic Legion to Bendis Legion outfits. Yes, I wish all of the Fatal Five were around. And I wish we'd gotten a new, classic 31st century model for Mordru, but those are all small quibbles. Some stuff does feel recycled (how many times have we fought a version of Trigon now?), but I guess that's to be expected in the Covid Era, so I'm not going to begrudge them anything on that front. When the worst thing I can say about an Episode is just that I wanted MORE, that's usually a good sign.

(Of course, my sneaking suspicion is that any perceived shortcomings in 2020's content was because the whole dev team is putting so much time and effort into an awesome 10th Anniversary. :D )
  5. MarvelHawkeye Well-Known Player

Although this episode hasn't been my favorite, I think that the open world is nice.
  6. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Some of the base items are pretty cool. I've been using the voting terminals, the curved benches and those floating egg chairs to turn the Space Base into a proper 'Spaceship'. I've also used the Plaza decoration and the HQ table and chairs in the middle of the room, stacked on top of each other, so it looks like I have a central 3D 'map table'

(I have tried adding pictures lol, but apparently adding them to my post makes my reply 'too large', and I can't send it) :(
    • Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Just to correct 1 point here, is about getting less 2nd currency, we actually get more, 2 to be exact.

Wonderverse we only got 46, this DLC we get 48. I do agree however about no solo or duo, and price raised was a bit too much.

Had it not been for these 2 negatives for me this DLC would of been a solid A grade despite bugs which usually get fixed with time.
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

You are correct, 1 person can fall 20x and it counts for the entire group. I did this as heals and got the feat for myself and a friend
  9. Akaiko Well-Known Player

As a currently premium player (who is not buying the DLC and has no interest in buying it), the best part of the DLC is the open world missions. The counters are reasonable and I do like the slight variety for most of the missions in terms of having a choice in what I choose to do to complete them. The open world is also nice to view.

Even though I can't get it, I do also approve of Emerald Empress' feet style. It's nice to have another thigh-high & high-heeled style available. It's just that the toon I would use it for happens to be around CR 73/74/75 and I'm pretty sure I couldn't use replay badges to unlock the style right now even if I did buy the DLC and have my main (which is currently around CR 309/310) get it.

My only con that is related to the DLC itself is the lack of a solo/duo.
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As the request is for 'positive' thoughts, I'll stick only to those.

We get to meet some of the Legion characters, who we haven't seen in game before...although, truth be told, since we only really see 3 of the 100s...and see those same 3 a BUNCH, again and again....darn, almost went negative there.

The raid and alert are both quick. Elite Alert less so, but assuming you've got the Cosmic Boy fight down, not too bad. Unfortunately the reason I'm happy about it being quick is that, well the bounty spam is all consuming....whoops, almost did it again.

The fact that you can wear the OP goggles from get go is a nice improvement. This is good as you will be wearing them in the 'building' stage for a LOOOONG time with the terrible drop....oopsie, almost went off course there too.

Well, I tried....
    • Like x 1
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like the pool next to the mission hub and i like to swim in there for hours rather than farming bounties for hours.
    • Like x 2
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would appreciate a weekly at some point, where you have to swim in a pool for a total of 10 minutes in 31st Century Metro.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Glad we got the Legion finally but sort of disappointed we got shoehorned in with the Titans really getting tired of them to be honest if I don't see Beast Boy's green butt for another decade in DCUO I'd die contented but I know the Titans are a popular property in DC, still did you have to make BB that annoying? Would've prefered more Legionaires than Titans like Shrinking Violet, Triplette Girl, Colossal Lad, Chameleon Boy, Dream Girl (mentioned but not shown), Bouncing Boy etc but oh well.
    • Like x 2
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I liked getting the Elite Weapon, Rings and Neck piece in the vendor without getting Renown first like Wonderverse with Bounty currency HOWEVER also adding that you need the episode currency to buy was a huge low blow Devs, why you do this to us? Everyone complaining about the OP mask having crystals not dropping but not mentioning this? Cmon now. No clue why you did us dirty like that since that was changed from Wonderverse? Plus to add with less content, one raid one weekly, no duo or solo, Alert doesn't drop much currency etc it feels very unfair.
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

I like the look and feel of the open world. It would be better to have some random civilians and possibly flying cars in the background, not unlike how you can see ships taking off on Thanagar. Interlac is a great touch.

Of course it's also great to see the Legion characters. I really have to hope this isn't a one and done episode and that they bring on more characters in, hopefully not far off, continuation episodes.

Some interesting new mechanics/tasks in the alert are welcome to break things up.

Possibly the best thing in the content so far is having a personal Quislet. Although at the same time having a full-fledged legionnaire relegated to a pet feels a little disrespectful but I just think if him as Quislet's lesser known sibling.
  16. tukuan Devoted Player

I realize the OP wanted this to be more of a positive thread and I agree with that but I think this cannot be said enough, and not just for the OP catalysts but also the augments.

I think it's safe to say that this episode was a compromise on delivery between getting something out for the quarter and the complications of the current health crisis, which is understandable. That said I really feel the math is off with the drop rate and subsequent ability to farm catalysts over multiple characters. With solos or duos I can get a few runs on a given day if I have time over multiple alts. However getting enough alts sufficiently levelled to run the normal alert is not nearly as viable. This is also compounded by the fact that there's only one raid.

I'm hoping that we'll see another open world boss added that also drops some of the catalysts. Either that or a good number of bonus weeks.
  17. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Character models and hairstyles are great... the use of emote cutscenes has gotten out of hand. We need to get rid of them and go back to the comic book skippable story update at the end like the Level 0 - 30 ones IMO.

I like the OP face being usable, an OP ring drop in the Alert but I hate having movement mode changed to flight.

Open world is pretty and large and hopefully will be broken up into duos so we don't spend so much time waiting for raids or phase hopping for open world spam cause waiting around to play is getting annoying.
  18. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

What is better about this dlc? It's not WV? Still agenda driven and anti conservative based but, I just turn off the sound when they speak.
    • Like x 1
  19. Yaiba Committed Player

And feat too :cool:
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

You had to use both currencies in wonderverse too for elite jewelry and weapon.