Favorite/Least Favorite Powers

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by LanternEX, Feb 12, 2017.

1. LanternEX Level 30

Ive only been playing pvp for a couple of days now and i was just wondering what your opinion was on your favorite and least favorite PVP powers are?

My favorite atm would have to be fire for its great battle tanking, very diverse.

And i'd say my least favorite would be celestial... Its just annoying to go up against.
    Im sure you've all experinced the aggervating burst heals, and fast damage...
    Does anyone else think its a little too OP? I Know i need practice but damn..
  2. Racchus New Player

Celestial's damage does seem to have higher potential than most powers in arenas. I think the animation time to cast their abilities was supposed to balance it out but with the way immunity works, its hard to stop them from getting their combos off at times.
  3. Soul Dedicated Player

I don't really have a favorite anymore, It used to be Sorcery for healing purposes a few years ago, but I can tell you that viability wise powers are extremely imbalanced atm.

A quickly scrambled chart of the best combinations and powers atm:

1v1:
    Atomic, Fire (Resto Spec)
    Celestial (Pure Prec Spec)
    Ice (Prec & Might Spec) - * * Only if you get your Ice Armor in Tank role, which is frowned upon as it is basically a glitch/exploit.

2v2:
    Nature Bug Form Healer (Resto and Vit Capped, Power as 2nd priority, Prec as 3rd) + Atomic/Fire/Celestial (Above Specs)
    Two Celestial Dps (Above Spec)

4v4:
    Nature Bug Form Healer (Above Spec)
    A Controller (HL recommended for Inspiration and safe damage, not a must.)
    Hard Light Dps (Pure Prec Spec)
    Ice Dps (Pure Prec Spec)

An alternative, better option for 4v4 is having a second Nature Bug Form Healer instead of one of the Dps, all the while making sure HL: Inspiration is available. That is also frowned upon.

So to summarize, this is how limited you are with your options if you want to be competitive, which is quite sad..
    • Like x 1
  4. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

If you have a ton of sp with light my fav power is triage. Its clippable scales with resto and dom and I get all the critical healings and it's like ur a stinking 60% of a fire tank. I'm full vit and precision for if I troll but I stopped doing it. I'm not joking I love triage more then anything in light.
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Honestly I'd say HL is the best all around power. I mean it may he hard for some to use but it has great potential in 1v1 and 4v4. Celestial is a beast on 4v4 and atomic or fire can be a pain in 1v1, especially since they have moves that can block break. That said, unlike PvE, PvP really revolves around skill and anyone can be great with any power. I've seen great electricity/nature players and great celestial/HL players.

Now for roles.... sorcery and nature healers definitely outclass the other healers, especially celestial (not to say u can't be a good healer with it but sorc and nature have more potential). Fire and atomic tanks (especially fire) are a much bigger pain than the other tanks.