Farming Source Marks

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheLorax, Jan 16, 2022.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Why are we farming in FoS3 when Doomsday is faster?
    • Like x 1
  2. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Doesn't DD give 8 SM, whereas FOS3 gives 10 SM? I haven't had my coffee, yet, so I might be remembering wrong.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can get an additional mark from the reward box. The completion rate is significantly shorter than FoS, I feel the tradeoff is worth the 1-2 less marks.
    • Like x 1
  4. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Solos give 1, Duos give 2, Alerts give 3, Raids give 10.
    Open World dailies give 1 and weeklies 8.
    (AFIII and up. WoL 1 weekly only gives 2)

EDIT: nvm, seems I was wrong. How do I delete?
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

Answer: Mechanics

ANY group can finish FoS3. But Doomsday, if the entire group lacks the consumable and a support role, it isn't happening. I ran into a group like that a few days ago when I shared your opinion, now I dont lol.
    • Like x 2
  6. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

I mean I don't necessarily disagree, but if we're talking about farming you'd expect a premade group with people who know what to do. With that in mind, I'd agree with Lorax, DD before FOS3 every time for me. But with a great group, Happiness Home will be twice the marks in about the same time.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You don't need the consumable, the consumable is primarily for the open world boss. We just ran it this morning without a healer and without a group wipe.
    • Like x 1
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Agree to disagree. FOS3 all the way. I don’t need people dying because they can’t move away from a giant red x on the ground.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

These are the same people that die because they can't move away from the giant rock monsters.
    • Like x 4
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I haven’t pugged Doomsday that much to see the difference on players incompetence. From your standpoint I assume it was with a knowledgeable group?
  11. Sentiency Well-Known Player

I agree, I think doomsday is a much better raid to farm. I pug it all the time in roughly 5 min and you don’t have to sit through 2 long cutscenes. I think the main reason why most people gravitate back towards fos3 though is because you can walk in straight from the watchtower, so you don’t have to wait for anyone to queue up.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was a completely random group, the healer had just wandered off the harvester ship. Still quicker than FoS3. Smaller map, no dialogue, short cutscene, one boss and no adds.
    • Like x 4
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Nice, I’ll have to give a try and see how it fares with randoms.
  14. Emoney Dedicated Player

Well I guess that's the random part of random group right? I qued in with all dps and one troller, it was a trainwreck. I was doin the most damage, so I became the tank with aggro. Had anyone even came close to my damage, I would have just switched to tank, but it seems I got 7 people with less than 50sp, at least just by looking at the scorecard. I was constantly at a state of around 30% health even spamming absorb heat, while at least 2 or 3 others were dying constantly. It was bad, and after people started to leave, we never filled up, or got a tank or healer, so I left and ran fos3 lol.
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Tell me about it. It’s that bad. Playing mainly a tank, sometimes I just want to take it easy and go DPS but when I do the whole group is also DPS and of course we also experience what you experienced when it’s just all DPS.
  16. L T Devoted Player

Doomsday is 4 minutes including the final cutscene with a decent group. Even a noob-laden group with an afk-er can finish pretty smoothly.

In FOS3 if you get a bunch of knuckleheads who don't know to stop the adds things can go south.
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I used to be totally against pugging but do it all the time now yes you will get those horrible groups but most of the time you will get through everything. especially is can flip heal and carry those horrible groups
  18. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On EU almost everyone is farming Happiness home 1st + 2nd boss and then disbands. Its most efficient and no major threats to the group.
    • Like x 1