Far far away. . . Spider-man: Far From Home

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Jan 15, 2019.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  2. Lugo Well-Known Player

How is Fury just gonna pop-up out of nowhere and make this little boy save the world. Can the kid get a break, Nick! Don't you already have a dozen matured, super-powered adults to crush with that kind of responsibility!!
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Well it is fully official that aunt May does know Peter is Spiderman.

I know most people just went with that scene of her catching him in the suit as her finding out but there are so many ways Peter could have explained. He was only wearing the suit, it's not like she caught him standing on the ceiling, the simplest thing would be to say it's his next Halloween costume on loan from Stark.

Man Fury was really rude and being a bit of a jerk.
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I hope Mysterio has actual mystical powers unlike the comics
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You sure this is a Spider-yam movie and not another Percy Jackson? o_O
    • Like x 1
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

There are actually people who are complaining that this is a major spoiler for Endgame.

And not general audience people (which would be understandable) but those that follow movie, comic book, etc. news. People who should have been well aware that Far From Home, Black Panther 2 and Guardians 3 (Dr. Strange 2 was also listed at some point) were all announced before Infinity War was even released.

So duh, the dusted will return (well at least the major ones).
    • Like x 1
  7. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Jake Gylenhaal as Mysterio is literally the greatest casting ever done in cinematic history

Me when I found out Jake Gylenhaal was cast as Mysterio:

[IMG]
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That was Gylenhaal? o_O
    The end part may have seemed rude when that guy called Parker '*******', butt it wasn't, he did nod and acknowledged him in a friendly(ish) manner

That. Is. NOT. MJ!!!
    • Like x 1
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Well TECHNICALLY it is MJ. That's the character's name. I don't really mind that they've changed MJ to be honest
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You would be fine if they made Gwen Asian? o_O
  11. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

There are certain characters that you can race-bend/gender-bend and certain characters that you shan't. I would be fine if they made Gwen Asian. BUT, if they made Peter Parker Asian or something then I wouldn't agree with it.
  12. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  13. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

The thing with the race-swap thing is that the ones who make the biggest stink about it are the ones who really don't care much about it in the first place and likely didn't care too much to watch it either way. This is my problem with the recent trend in movies, they pander to the loud minority and force the majority of fans who do care to deal with it.

btw, the far from home trailer looks ok, I really hope it's not really filled with bad non-stop humor.
  14. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

The idea of MJ is also the "out of his league" angle. MJ is the girl that Peter should never get and once you make her "normal" or "geeky" that dynamic is sort of lost. I actually like Zendaya but as the actual MJ, nah thanks
    The spider-man ps4 game failed when it came to MJ, she was more lois lane and nothing like the MJ that is crucial to Peters story.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The thing with Spider-man, it is always non-top bad humour, that's kinda what makes it a Spider-man product
    As for MJ, that ain't the real MJ, the real MJ's name was 'Mary Jane', not 'Michelle'

As for the trailer: saving worlds requires sacrifice, yes, butt if you start being okay with people dying in the process, that way leads to villainhood or worse, apathy: even one death is one death too many (unless it's the recidivist bad guy who has their own personalized cell in prison and their own key)
  16. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I just realized they're 2 different characters, and thus, Zendaya MJ doesn't have to allude to OG MJ (Kirsten Dunst) :p

And the introduction of the Multiverse just opens up the introduction of X-men into the MCU.
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, still have no idea why they changed her name to 'MJ' at the end of "Home Coming" after two movies calling her 'Michelle'
  18. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I'm pretty sure it's to keep the whole "Spiderman theme" in the film Spiderman isn't Spiderman without some type of MJ or Gwen Stacy.

Speaking of which, in the final scenes of the trailer, with Happy and Peter's classmates, was the the blond girl possibly Gwen?
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Possible, butt don't recall Watson and Stacy ever being around at the same time as each other, butt with the way they are playing fast and loose with lore...
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The whole "my friends call me MJ" line in Homecoming was said by Marvel to be just a fan service thing and that she wasn't the actual MJ but I'm not so sure they are keeping to that.

Oh and Homecoming was the movie the character was introduced, so it was only that movie where she was called Michelle.