Fanboy Feat Broken?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Anti Bezz, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Anti Bezz New Player

Past 4 days and i have found 0. I know locations even looked them up, whats going on?
  2. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

They are completely random. just keep looking.
  3. John Brawler Committed Player

this, plus you have to remember the second someone gets close to them they vanish and reappear in one of their other locations at random, so you have to keep looking because you might just have come to where they were, but only moments behind someone else.
  4. Unnecessary Force AH New Player

Didn't they post something about iconics not appearing in the city in preparation of the Holiday Event
    • Like x 2
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Ah, the poor, uninformed people who believe it is the players' fault when the developers screw something up. The preoccupied iconics have been missing for weeks. There have been numerous threads regarding this feat being botched. It's been tested and verified that they do not show up. Sadly, the players must not be looking in the right location: some other game that has fewer bugs than this one.

*Can you tell I'm a little annoyed that bugs like this stay around for as long as they do? I realize the Christmas Seasonal is coming up, but why remove the iconics long before Larfleeze takes their positions? And then why ignore the players when they express concerns that they cannot get those feats due to the iconics not showing up? The lack of a response from the development team in the numerous threads is appalling.
    • Like x 4
  6. Sbel Devoted Player

It's broken. Check back next year. (January)
    • Like x 1
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

• Like x 3
  8. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

Reporting potential bugs, glitches, problems... should be done in the Arkham Asylum (bug report) thread. If everyone who had a problem with the preoccupied villains and heroes had gone to the related post in Arkham Asylum and VOTED, you may have gotten the response you wanted.

USPS3 - Fanboy iconics not appearing in Gotham? | DC Universe Online Forums This thread is over a year old, it is the exact same issue that we are having now, and it only contains 1 thumbs-up vote, mine. Go to Arkham Asylum, read the "how to post a bug report! read this first!" thread and start being proactive in prioritizing which issues the devs look at first!
    • Like x 1
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'd be inclined to agree with you if there weren't pages and pages of unanswered bugs in Arkham Asylum that had been voted on.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

To start with some basic info.

The icons for both feats (Fanboy, More than you could chew) are not random per say. Each one has at least 3 set spots they will show at but which spot is random.

During some of the events the icons will go away for the durations of said event. The daily heroic/villainy missions will also go away for some event, Winter mostly.

Now on to the issue of the Op. All of the icons have been missing since around October (that I know of), the Halloween event shouldn't have affected them but it seems some how it did and they haven't returned yet. The Winter event is one of the events that is suppose to affect them so you wont be able to do the feats till the event ends, if all gets fixed that is.
  11. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Yes, I have not seen them for a while either and noticed they were not there around the Halloween event. I know they usually go away for the Winter Seasonal event but they have been gone for quite a bit. Best bet is to look for them once the seasonal event goes away in January.
  12. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

Yes there are a lot of reports, but at least these bug reports are consolidated in a thread where the people who would fix them, can go and gather a good bit of info on a paticular bug, instead of having to fish through an entire forum for information.

If you don't care enough about an issue so as to not use the best possible tools provided to you, how do you expect the devs to give you the best product that they possibly can?

As I logged on, there were over eighty-seven thousand discussions, and nearly one and a half million messages. Thats a lot of searching to try and find some specific information. I realize that those numbers are a result of the entire span of years that this forum has been up, and that some of the bugs have been here that long as well. I also realize that some of these bugs are not a major issue to the proper running of the game. But, in reference to the non-threatening bugs, there should be some sort of feedback from the devs, even something as simple as a canned statement. This would go a long way in re-establishing trust between the community and the dev team, by giving the community a sense that its not being blown off.
  13. EP Ice Loyal Player

Hello,

You do realize that they (devs) look in this forum too and address problems as well? The Bug Forum is a good place but without enough votes the thread will be lost and potentially overlooked. If this particular thread truly belongs in the Bug Forums then the devs will put it there.
    • Like x 1
  14. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello eveyone,

Without posting in the Arkham Asylum (bug report) thread you have NO opportunity to vote.
    USPS3 - Fanboy iconics not appearing in Gotham? | DC Universe Online Forums
    Don't wait for the devs, be proactive, go to this thread and vote. Lets combat the cynicism of this community and make Arkham Asylum work for us.
  15. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

That is a big if btw ;)

I'm not sure but I think I saw some of the icons during October event; however, I'm sure they are gone now (Larfleeze will occupy their spawns for the "Sight Larfleeze" feat during Winter event). Leaves the question: Why? The event is not live yet, so the devs could at least have the icons spawn until the event actually starts instead of "breaking" it before.

Now I just hope GU43 will not be up before January. Don't want more broken stuff around Christmas :D
    • Like x 1
  16. EP Ice Loyal Player

Look at Sethmoul's post above. There are a few post in the Arkham Asylum forum concerning this dating back to November of last year. Trust me, it will not be addressed neither there or here because it is not priority at this moment.
    • Like x 1
  17. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Last year during the Halloween event I couldn't find any of the Gotham ones. Was looking for days. After event went away, found all of them in about an hour
  18. Rasta Committed Player

During the Christmas event, all of the Iconics are replaced with Larfleeze for the seasonal feat.