False DPS numbers

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Regent Perry, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Other powers that explode nearby objects work differently even though their description was very similar, although the one I'm thinking of Consume Objects for Fire is now gone. The other powers do might based damage to objects and encased enemies. Transmutation doesn't do 'fake' damage but it doesn't deal damage based on any stat and just takes 100% of the HP of all objects it hits. This is the problem in my opinion. In healer stance it should just take the HP from the objects and move the HP to groupmates and in DPS stance it should deal damage to objects based on precision or might stat.

I had a friend comically suggest that if you are in a clownbox and transmute the box then you should be hit for the 5k. Everyone one shotting themselves would stop people from exploiting this trick.
  2. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Scoreboards do matter. Fire powers just changed and I'm running a brand new loadout. I would like to see how I'm doing compared to my friends that I normally run with. Prior I know where I sat on the scoreboard and I want to see if this new loadout keeps me there or moves me up/down from there. I'm not saying someone who uses this and gets some number higher than me on the scoreboard somehow angers me. I could care less about that.
    • Like x 1
  3. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Just like Fireburst had been that way since the beginning and if it wasn't intended SOE would have fixed it already?
    • Like x 1
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I don't use clown box, but you said using tramutation in batcave adds fake damage except fos 1. So explain where fake damage is coming from when using only transmutation.
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Where in there did I mention clownbox? I wasn't talking about clownbox, it's not even in my loadout, I was talking about just transmutation alone!
  6. KarNage New Player

Screw that, I'm using Transmutation and Clownbox. There's no reason to punish myself from actual damage just because the scorecard is glitched. I can still get real 3000 critical damage from it. I'll just take off 5k damage from my final score every time I use it. I only use it about 15-20 times in a raid. I'll just subtract 75k-100k from my final raid score. I usually beat people by 200k-300k anyway, sometimes much more. So either way, I'm still beating them.
    • Like x 1
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

That is my point transmutation does real damage. Clownbox itself does an average of 2k damage in itself. If the scoreboard is adding damage points for breaking the box, maybe that needs to be fixed. I don't know if it does or doesn't, I would actually have to try it myself with no enemies around in a challange or something. If it does automatically adds 5k for just breaking the box, then soe needs to fix that.
  8. Conduit New Player

It's funny you say that, I actually pissed off one dude enough to test it.
    We ran a Duo together, he used CB/Transmute before I even touched the mobs... Didn't do a lick of damage. But his score was ungodly high.
  9. Conduit New Player

This is ridiculous. You're actually comparing something that does damage to the point that it actually removes health from mobs to something that just creates numbers? CB/Transmute creates false damage, as in; it adds points to your damage-out, but doesn't actually remove HP from a mob/boss.
    I've tested this with friends, and a-holes that rage "clownbxo do real damag" or however they typed it.
  10. Conduit New Player

And I seriously agree.
    I think that this Clownbox/Transmute BS needs to be dealt with. There's even been one moment where a CR70[Somewhere around there] DPS did over 300k more damage than me in FOS1.
    The toon I was on was Titan303 and I'm full T4, 1H, Might and Clipping/DoT build.
    I find this extremely unfair to the rest of the powers that they're doing all the work, and yet no matter how hard they try, some halfwit with Clownbox and Transmute can just roll in there and take the top of the scoreboard with little or no effort.
    It's gotten to the point to where I've started asking for Nature and Elec healers and no Sorc DPS[In PMs] unless it's a friend who's smart enough to know that CB/Transmute is a waste of time.
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Go back and test it again. Minus the 5k they add breaking the box, I was able to kill mobs with one shot. Oh wait I was see things, also I guess I weas seeing things when I seen 2k-4k in orange numbers. Orange numbers is might damage. Also depends on type of mob and boss and how much health they have. Even with normal powers 2k damage doesn't always seems alot of damage to certain mobs and bosses.
  12. Hateyou New Player

I would love to know what sorcery pets healed for and what the gadgets turrets out puts out for power, to see if they are worth a PP.
  13. Wildfire New Player

Not really, theres a key differential between using a trinket and using clownbox/transmutate. Using trinkets still requires you to do your rotation and actually apply that damage, there is no extra damage that magically appears off one of your moves. Clownbox just seems to add the numbers from nowhere, its almost like theyre smuggled into the boards after each application of the move.

Eventually people will stop using it, if you`re a sorc dps using CB, you pretty much forefit the whole DPS race.
  14. Wildfire New Player

Im going to assume you`re talking about numbers which fall off them as they disappear? much like the 8500 that comes off spooky jack when he dies? Because if you`re talking about any damage they do, then i dont understand the point made in that part.
    But if what you`re saying is true, then i wasnt aware those numbers counted to the boards damage out, ill check next raid im in.
  15. OmniDeath New Player

im a sorcery dps that uses the clownbox/transmute combo. i understand this is an issue with the ridiculous fake damage. however that trick helped saved my team's lives several times when they got surrounded by mobs. i never cared that much about the scoreboard at all and i do help out by using it to help my teams clear out enemies than simply competing for numbers. some raids has large numbers of grouped enemies that can hit hard. its only logical to use it to massivly damage the surrounding enemies so the others can finish them off without getting us all killed because they didnt use a power to help out the team just because ppl hate cb users. i do agree to fix the 5000 damage score that seems to come out of nowhere. i also noticed transmute was quite useful in outer caverns since it destroyed those objects that were spawning the drones.
  16. renzhe New Player

Disable the interaction completely. Doing this means you can still use Transmute or Clownbox separately to DPS, just can't use it together.
    • Like x 1
  17. Karasawa Loyal Player

I think I can summarize my feelings on this as: if they can fix the numbers then good. If they can't then no big deal. Seems to be lots of people thinking you must care too much about the scorecard if you vote this topic up.. please, get real. Transmute is an awesome power for destroying objects but ideally it shouldn't count for your damage out.. it's just weird. So fix it if possible, if not then oh well.
  18. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I agree that it should be separated out so that we figure things out easier and be able to improve ourselves. I do think that some of the results with the clown box trick are intended (the actual splash damage you get, and this is because Mepps did say it's working as intended) but I don't think the damage counting twice is really their intention (you get credit for killing the box and the damage you do to what gets hit by the "explosion").

The biggest problem I think we have is that the devs don't know how to fix it, without messing up the power itself.
  19. Zpirit Dedicated Player

ok, so you guys just want to be the top on the scoreboard? and you expect the devs to care about you trying to fuel your ego? are your lives so bad that you have to start crying that you are not winning at an online videogame? come on cant be that bad, i mean if you dont like when ppl use clownbox or decoy they you can also start using them, and what ever fake damage they put out you should be putting out that some amount of fake damage, on top of your real damage which combinded should be more than the other dps's numbers, there now you can scoreboard chase to, i mean i barley dps but when i do i dont use clownbox, i do more damage without it because i am good at what i do, you guys are saying that you are getting out dpsed by sorcery when everyone can use it, also the damage on the clownbox splits and does not hit over 5k with a full t4, 4 modded sorcery/ gadgets dps i have solo dpsed prime with and without the clownbox easily, because i know my powersets like the back of my hand, i suggest you guys either get with the program, as in leard your power and stop crying, or just quit playing, because your not going to b taken srsly by anybody if you keep up your cries. IMOO
  20. Conduit New Player

You must have not been using it correctly. I've studied my power for months, I finally have a loadout that can keep up with [but not surpass] Pro Hard Light DPS.
    But I find it a little ridiculous when someone that doesn't even have full T4, in Healer stance, pops Clownbox a few times during BD and ends up 250k Damage ahead of all 3 DPS in the raid.
    Full healer gear, T4 drops/T3 Vender, Healer stance and handblasters.
    250k ahead of two CR88 Full T4/Runesman Elec and HL DPS with 1H [before the nerf]
    As someone said before, this can NOT be purposefully put into the game. It defeats the purpose of being a DPS if a healer can abuse some bug/glitch/thing and shoot to the top of the scoreboard.
    From what I've seen, CB/Transmute does no actual damage, but on multiple occasions people have done this just to troll the DPS in group.
    There's more problems to this than "Our Egos" and the scoreboard. It's simply unfair that we work to do our job and someone else who abuses a bug/glitch/thing and throws it in our [DPSs] face. Among other things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.