Fake Debuffs

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by chipzes, Jul 30, 2013.

1. D Miles Active Player

Just for clarification - this is not applying a heal debuff with any controller power used right?
  2. NegativeMass Developer

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a "heal debuff" in this context. Can you please elaborate?
  3. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I am fairly certain he is asking whether or not an actual Heal Debuff is placed on the target or if it just removes and prevents Healing-Based Shields from being re-applied.

On a side note,
    what is up when a Defense Debuff starts flashing Red. I have seen a few cases in PVP and PVE where the targets Defense Debuff Icon (shield icon) will actually flash on and off at a rapid pace.
  4. D Miles Active Player

Sure. Controller powers usually require a separate debuff for defense, damage and healing (which I am sure you know). I will use gadgets powerset for an example. Napalm Grenade is a power that in controller role provides a "heal debuff" which in the case of PVE is only useful in certain circumstances. (Such as the healing bots in Inner and in Prime) What I meant was clarification to make sure that any power is not applying this particular healing debuff. For instance is Sticky Bomb somehow applying the healing debuff unintentionally?
  5. NegativeMass Developer

Gotcha. No, every controller power in controller role is not applying a debuff to make NPC targets heal for less.

Player character targets in PVP do have their healing debuffed for 12 seconds. That is the number 1 case I listed above.

The number 2 case that you highlighted does not change the effectiveness of the target's heals. It only removes shields and prevents new shields from being applied for 12 seconds.
  6. D Miles Active Player

Thanks! I just wanted to be for sure that everything was working as intended.
  7. Brice Allen Loyal Player

What about the Flashing Defense Debuff icons NegativeMass? Is it just a bug or is there a reason behind it and if so what is the difference between a non-flashing DD and a flashing DD not to mention how do we achieve the Flashing Defense Debuff if it is intended?
    • Like x 3
  8. NegativeMass Developer

I have no idea. I don't think I've ever seen one flash before.
  9. Bobburt Committed Player

Somehow we had a flashing defense debuff on one of the sub-bosses in Paradox one night during a regular run. When that debuff was flashing, the sub-boss' health just started melting at an incredibly fast rate.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I saw the flashing defensive debuff today too. We were practicing for the Epic Odyssey feat when the defensive debuff started to flash on one of the side-bosses. I wasn't sure if it was a graphics bug or if the icon was trying to convey some other information.
  11. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I was under the impression the flashing symbol meant they were debuffed twice. The first time I saw this was in PvP after the movement debuffs were implemented. I only see it on tanks in PvP, though. If I use my movement mode debuff to debuff the tank's shield and then put a defense debuff on them, I get the flashing shield icon under their bar. That, coupled with something I thought I read, made me think the flashing denoted twice the debuff.

As far as PvE, I think I've seen it a few times. If I had to guess, I would imagine it was on the Ravager and may have to do with this fake defense debuff icon. You hit him with the heal debuff and it's going to show the heart and shield...then if you actually hit him with a defense debuff...the game might be confuzzled. Just guessing. But I know 100% I see it all the time against tanks in PvP.
  12. Flightboy New Player

You should use sleep dart yo!
  13. Dogzday Dedicated Player

I'm going to chime in saying I've seen the flashing Debuffs as well, especially in Paradox Wave on the 4 pillars from time to time. It doesn't "flash," it sorta fades from red to slightly darker red.
    • Like x 1
  14. AgentX44 Committed Player

Any update on this? Just bumping up since it's not pinned. Is it possible to have a different color instead for that "healer-type sheilds are down" message? Like yellow?
  15. DARKKNIGHT New Player

Wouldn't that just remove the green icon? Why would it go staright to a red icon for removing something.
  16. Little Sister New Player

Because it's broken. Read the rest of the topic.
    • Like x 2
  17. Flightboy New Player

Where I appreciate NegativeMass's response, I am going to bump this because it is still making us guess or have a timer to know when to actually throw our defense debuff... Also, in end game content inexperienced trolls think they are throwing two debuffs for the price of one Smh.
    • Like x 2
  18. MentosTroll Loyal Player

So does the defense debuff, lets say Telekinesis, Terror Tendrils, Mass Terror, Psy Shock places on an enemy in PVE is real?
  19. chipzes Committed Player

This is still happening.
  20. Yallander Loyal Player

Sorry that I am so late to the party and I am glad that this is being fixed for PVE, but how is this being handled for PVP? Currently using a PVP trinket SHOULD remove all debuffs/debuff effects while up, however the shield doesn't disappear.

Also the movement mode debuff duration is only 6 seconds, I'd assume the above is true for it, but at a shorter duration--is that correct?