Faction Change Token

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sithjaw, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Sithjaw New Player

Hello guys,

I've played a few MMO's in my life where it is possible (under some guidelines of course) to change factions. Therefore I was wondering if ever crossed your minds the idea of creating a Faction Change Token. Needless to say the in the world of comics we had some very iconic cases where heroes became villains and vice-versa.

We have power change tokens, body type change tokens and movement change tokens. I know it probably would take a while to develop, but I don't think it would be too hard to create it, since most of the feats are shared by heroes and villains, especially in the last dlcs. Moreover, most of the style feats where villains and heroes have their own styles we always have an equivalent (e.g. Progeny of Darkseid and Miraculous or Disciple of Parallax and Scion of Ion).

Cheers
    • Like x 5
  2. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I hope they make this token available in the near future.
    • Like x 3
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

Faction and Mentor Token would be nice.
    • Like x 2
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It has been brought up before, and dismissed, just as the idea of 'neutral' or 'anti-hero slash anti-villain' has been (sensibly) ignored

Wait, we can change body types? What's next? Gender-bender potions? o_O
  5. McShotzz Well-Known Player

The only good i can see coming from this letting vil come over to heroes and jump ship from the dying server. But that doesnt outweigh the bad it would bring. There are so many feats faction specific that allowing one to switch to and from would make sp gaps in the game. Similar to getting a few sp from movement changes but on a much larger scale.
    • Like x 1
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think it's a good idea and something I'd like to see personally, but I'm not holding my breath.

The feats situation is definitely a problem. There are so many feats that are exclusive to one faction or the other. It doesn't just start and end at styles, too. There are feats like the 4 corners feat in Assault and Battery which are different for both factions.

If these feats weren't consolidated into singular feats that were the same for their opposing faction equivalent, then you're basically giving every player who switches access to a massive amount of new feats which can only be achieved by switching factions.

This feature would inevitably cost real life money to use, so therefore, anyone who is anti-Pay to Win would (I'd hope, for the sake of consistency) react to the fact that players could spend real life money and gain access to a large amount of skill points that actually can't be achieved at all without spending said cash.

So given how essential the feat consolidation would be and how much work would need to go into it to ensure every feat was caught. Then considering the fact that you'd essentially offer an "out" for any prominent villains to leave the villains server behind, potentially killing the faction off completely, I don't think we're likely to see it any time soon if at all.
    • Like x 5
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

I started a thread about this roughly 2.5 years ago and never got an answer. And every time ive seen it brought up since i dont see an answer. Im all for the idea. But it probably will never happen.
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

They should do away with dual factions and just merge players. Villain side was a ghost town when I left it years ago, I cannot imagine anything to improve that...

How many resources would that free up, that could be used to develop other things? More powers, more content...
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not me. I see no point in offering something only villains would benefit from.

The only fair options, to me, would not be to merge both, but just allow both sides to shout in LFG and make groups. Get rid of the whole cross play, cause it doesn't help newbies anyway. It doesn't take effect until T4.

They'd have to stop making faction specific feats, maybe give everyone all those feats from both side. Something needs to be done for the villain side for sure. But don't think If they came out with a token like this you'd see many hero's going over. Not gonna happen.
    • Like x 1
  10. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I definitely think the last paragraph here highlights the difficulty the devs have when considering this.

Sure a lot of villains would jump ship. But there is probably a minority who would absolutely not want to change faction so they're either left with even less players to run content with, or they just leave the game altogether, & that would be a loss of income.

If a faction change token was to be introduced, imo it would be prudent to give it away for free.

I don't see it happening though, it's already been stated they're looking at ways to expand on Task Force X.

Another problem I've not seen mentioned is what happens to HL when a villain switches to hero.

The ultimate goal is making this a game more people want to play. Do that & the villain population goes up
    • Like x 1
  11. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Wow, still beating the hell out this one. The answer has been no for a long time, don't think the DB Admins want to be bothered to script this change.

IDK, with as many times as this has been asked for it might just be a money maker.... but you'll never get it since the user base asked for it.
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Make only a one time faction token for heroes to switch to the villain side...you wouldnt believe the exodus of heroes that would switch.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Then I think the villain side would go extinct if that were the case. As it has been dying since the game first launched, but now its almost completely dead. Especially for lower level content.

I think they should put crossfaction/suicide squad for all content to be priority #1
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

I think all content should be cross-faction, but how can I be such monster to expect senseful decisions?
    • Like x 2
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agreed. There was a time when some leaguemates and myself wanted to do this. It was during the first year of two the game was out. We only wanted to change because of PvP ques. Completionists wanted this to be able to get those faction only feats.

Now, it wouldn't make any sense.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What's this about a Villain Server? There is now a server just for Villains? How do you get there? Would like to get away from running into stinky Heroes messing up Seasonal Outdoor Events
  17. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I think the best/smartest/easiest idea would just to allow the factions to group up, share LFG, and just make it so that the only content they cannot queue together is the stuff that they don't share in common. I remember the only hero I met from these forums (Everyone else is a villain) and it sucked that we couldn't run AF3 raids together without "pugging" into it. We never successfully accomplished that. We could still hang out in each others bases, talk in a chat, etc. And again, we could pug into the freaking raid. I've seen enough villains cheating me out of objectives to know that the majority of stuff is the same for both sides.

I wouldn't be opposed to the token but clearly too many people would whine and cry about it on here because it costs money. As if it doesn't go both ways. Clearly a hero could switch to the villain side, grab feats, and switch back just like with movement or power tokens. If they're anti pay to win then that's their problem since there are already at least a few good SP worth of switchable feats. You can keep your "I don't want to support a game I play financially" morals and I'll take the extra SP. Believe that when I finally have finished this quest of grinding SP that I will switch tank for that 10 pointer and the styles, and I'll also switch to acrobatics and super-speed to get the feats I am missing there. And to be fair. I didn't see anyone on the hero side complaining when they gave heroes a VILLAIN style feat and left us high and dry.