Eye of Gemini (EOG) misconception

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iEddyGaming, Feb 2, 2022.

1. iEddyGaming Active Player

Hello everyone!

So recently, I did a video on Celestial Healer. Like most people and the original Eye of Gemini testing thread suggested, that you have to stand in the Castor's Watch (Green Circle) to get your supercharge restored, I mentioned the same thing in my video. Then, two of my subscribers brought this to my attention that it doesn't work like that. So I tested it out and it blew my mind :D

Apparently, EOG is more like an aura on the castor, in this case, me as a healer. So once I pop my supercharge, I can run around and get close to other allies. Whoever is close to me gets their supercharged restored, without having to be in the Castor's Watch (Green Circle). The circle is 20m wide and this is exactly the range on that invisible EOG Aura.. the player has to be close and inside 20m range to get their supercharge restored.

So, I don't know if it is working as intended or not. Because just like thousands other player, I too believed that you have to be in Green Circle. But yeah lol

Here is the test video:

Thank you for reading/watching.
    - iEddy
    • Like x 5
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

3. Plowed In Loyal Player

But what about the damage buff at rank 200? Stand in the circle or near the activater?
  4. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Buffs I'm pretty sure you have to actually be in the circles.

The caster always gets the SC regen and can move it around, but my question is if they move far away, do people miss out on the regen? So Healers have to stay with group, and can't drop an SC and leave?
  5. BumblingB I got better.

This is definitely an interesting point. This probably is a tech limitation of how it's casted. To prevent players getting confused, they put down a visual, so as long as you are within 20m of the castor, you get it.

I have one question. Does the teammate gain supercharge if they run over to the circle while you are no longer in it? Concept would be the castor knocked out of the circle and teammate runs to the visual.
    • Like x 1
  6. Siramez Well-Known Player

the damage buff will only work inside the circle, so to get the most benefit out of the artifact, it is better to be inside the circle with the healer too.
  7. Siramez Well-Known Player

the circle does not give supercharge back, the circle is just a visual and the caster (healer) is the supercharge regen him/herself so you always have to be next to the healer.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Yea I saw this a while back and there was no offical response to it.

Personally I think it is not intended, the whole point of the circle was part of the risk reward trade off with the artifact.

Casting the circle provided massive benefit, as did standing in it, but it created a risk that the group could be hit while standing there.

Being able to move your circle post cast reduces if not entirely eliminates a level of that risk/reward.

There are already balance issues involving that artifact even as it stands and i don't think this further helps. :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Jcal Dedicated Player

Forum user lllStrichcodelll made an EoG tips and tricks thread where I read about this. Kudos to them for that thread, and to you for continuing to spread information.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/eye-of-gemini-all-you-want-to-know.318760/

Yeah, as someone who recently ranked up my EoGs, I had no idea that's how it worked. It's kinda nuts. And slightly related, this makes me despise the flight SC shield even more. Dustoff shoots you up very high, so not only do you leave the healing circle, but you also leave your group so they have virtually no chance of scoring SC regen from you. Super dumb!!
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Im not flight, but im pretty sure you can cancel the take off and still trigger the shield and EOG.

Actually in fairness this is raises another balance issue

When grounded in an instance you can still use dust off but can't use dash attack /runs
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Thanks for the confirmation.
  12. Jcal Dedicated Player

This is incorrect. You can't clip Dustoff, you can't block cancel it, nor can you deactivate movement mode once the animation starts. You're going wherever Dustoff takes you. So at best, you have a shield, you moved vertically (not necessarily freeing you from an orbital strike type attack or an AoE slam type attack), and you yourself get SC regen with EoG.

I'm sure you've seen flight players super fly past cutscene triggers. You then see those players stuck on walls in the back of the room or in the ceiling; that's how it can get with this SC.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Given the tool tip for the artifact says you must be standing in it, this seems to heavily indicate it is not working as intended, if the intention was for it to physically follow the healer or tank, I would expect the tool tip to make that distinction, as they're two vastly different things.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks for the clarity, my chatacters are super speed, that being said, can it be clipped with another passive power like a shield or breakout to interrupt the animation and end the flight?
  15. Jcal Dedicated Player

When you use Dustoff, the channel bar / cast bar pops up signifying that Dustoff is considered a channeled power/ cast time power... I guess. :/ As such, you cannot clip it with absolutely anything.

Can SS players clip Dash Attack?
  16. iEddyGaming Active Player

Nope, since SC regeneration is based on the distance between the castor and the group. If the group is still under 20m of range, yup they will get their SC regenerated even if the healer is knocked out of circle. As circle is just an indication that EOG is active now.

THIS guy right here opened my eyes. Thank you Sira for your comment on my celestial video :)

Time to add this to the list then haha. I would really like a developer's response to this now.

Yup! Castor has to stay with the group within 20m range. If they even step out and be at like 20.1m, group will not get SC regenerated. All those time when I tried to be smarty pants while healing at the back, jumping in the group, popping SC and then moving away, didn't do anything for the group LOL don't I feel stupid now :D
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

This probably only reinforces why it's not intended, it would seem to make more logical sense to cast the circle as a tank for example and then move away from the group rather than towards them if the intent is for the group to benefit from the circle, right.

Although in saying that, you generally tend to remain in the circle, unless of course your purpose is just to feed super rather than benefit from the other aspects as the tank. so I guess enter the tanks circle at your own risk :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

No but you can kinda jump cancel it or movement mode cancel it i don't know how to explain it but i manage to cancel the launch phase often by touching some buttons lol
  19. iEddyGaming Active Player

Ikr. Like exactly what I was thinking. The only reason (after learning this new information) a Tank would use this is to feed himself. If he goes to the group, so his aura can feed the group some SC, he is gonna be bringing all the adds/bosses with him :D That'd be a sight to watch haha

haha "by touching some buttons" .. I use that term with my girlfriend and the outcome is never good LOL I will test it out with flight today and will update ;)
  20. Soul Dedicated Player

First of all, You welcome.
    I'm not sure how it took you this long and Sira and myself to find out what pretty much everyone using EoG on EU already know. (You should thank Sira really for linking your video on discord)

Second, the day I subscribe to a DCUO content channel is the day I get my mental health evaluated by a professional.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1