Extreme lag.

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by OdinZeusMrPace, Nov 16, 2015.

1. OdinZeusMrPace Level 30

As of yesterday, the game is now unplayable by me. It has run perfectly even on poor wifi signal up until yesterday. After an update the game now freezes when the character is on screen and locks up my entire computer. I use a hp envy with 1 terabyte of hard drive and 20 gigabytes of ram. It runs at 3.5 Gigahertz. I don't have this problem with any other applications. It is only when I start this game now that my computer crashes. I'll test it on my pc to see if the update caused it but I don't think it did due to no other programs being affected.
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Do Vallidate Game Assets in the Launchpad.
  3. OdinZeusMrPace Level 30

I did that. But now I am unable to start the game. As soon as I select my character the games says lost connection and exits.
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Maybe after the update your security software thinks that DCUO is a new program and you have to allow it again.
  5. OdinZeusMrPace Level 30

I decided to sync my desktops version to it. Takes a little while toto start up but is working. I don't know why but even turning on the launchpad locks my whole computer down now. I am reliebed that I got it working for the time being consider I just payed for 3 months. Thank you for your assistance. I used validate twice and it seems to have help.
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Scan yor PC for malware - that's a fishy behaviour an infected PC can have.
  7. OdinZeusMrPace Level 30

That's what I thought as well, but none of my scanners have picked up anything.
  8. aldebaram rayner New Player

one friend my have the same problem, he take another download of the game. you need to this i guess, and put him in the exeptions list in your firewall. i hope it help
  9. OdinZeusMrPace Level 30

I am hoping that I can use that for a permanent fix. The lag just screwwd me in a raid. Had to shut my computer down just to get it to work back.