Extra load time.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by EK1975, Jul 3, 2015.

1. EK1975 Well-Known Player

Why does it now seem that the game takes too long to load up for toons. It seems as though the coding suddenly can't keep up.
  2. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

I've noticed an overall increase in load times, but I also noticed a great reduction of the "near freeze" occurring (when the screen doesn't react to anything for about a minute and returns to "functionality" with radar and toolbar display being completely chopped in graphics). So I assumed that was done on purpose to replace coding unable to really keep up but doing the job in the quick, but dirty approach with a slower, but smoother approach (which IMO is the right thing to do).
    • Like x 1
  3. EK1975 Well-Known Player

Even if that were the case, the load time for gameplay should be fluid, not choppy, especially on a PS4.
  4. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

PS3 or PS4 doesn't matter, in the end consoles are always "limited" hardware. So only PC (with actual top level hardware) is in the position of demanding always "fluid" gameplay. With the day of release, consoles are getting stagnant and will face occasional situations in which developers have to find workarounds for in-console limitations. Sure, PS4 isn't even 2 years available, but it's for over a year stagnant on the other hand by now - pros and cons of console gaming.
    • Like x 1