Explanation of Forum and Chat lingo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Teknyka, Mar 14, 2013.

1. renzhe New Player

@ Solarr Man
    o_O:rolleyes::D:p

FFA = Free for all
    Fastest way to me when starting any grp is to put FFA. Never bothers with CR requirements. And if FFA doesn't get ppl to bite, just means its a slow day and that its time to do solos or queue for pvp.
    • Like x 1
  2. Entity Committed Player

I cant help but think your the same Laff Riot from the trailers is this true?
  3. Laff Riot New Player

Same name but not me.
  4. Sylar-Man New Player

WD-Whirling Dervish
    WoD- Weapon of Destiny
    CoD-Circle of Destruction
    TK-Telekinesis
  5. SuperMia New Player

I always wondered this myself, but I like to think it's:

LFM = Lunchtime Fun Menu

SEEDS = Soup & Edamame Eatery Diner Shop

UNPAID = Uber Nutella Peanuts And Icecream Delight

PB = Peanut Butter
    • Like x 3
  6. renzhe New Player

Food theme, Nom nom

So AFK = Away from keyboard becomes what? Apple fudge krepe/cookies?
    • Like x 1
  7. SuperMia New Player

Yay! And here are some more:

Q-Q = Quesadilla - Quesadilla

XD = Xtra Doughnuts
    • Like x 1
  8. Durath Sa New Player

LOL I did the same thing... but at the end of the day at least we got the right meaning even if it was the wrong reason why
    • Like x 1
  9. Durath Sa New Player

You know what's annoying but kind of fun? Just assume they're offering to run you through low tier content for free.... "What, I thought you were looking to do something unpaid?" ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Solarr Man New Player

When I first saw "unpaid" I thought it meant that they didn't want any of the loot. My brain just couldn't wrap my head around it, "Why wouldn't they want loot?!"
    • Like x 1
  11. SoylentBob New Player

Isn't that Non Non Non in DCUO?
    [IMG]
  12. WorldsDown New Player

Don't forget about OMW... On My Way
  13. Lokkii Committed Player

One pieced the best villians?
    They have a good PVP group .
  14. ARI ATARI New Player

exactly.
    you know how a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isnt a square?

well a good pvp'er is a good pve'er but a good pve'er is not a good pvp'er
    and...
    chances are a good pvp'er is probably also the superior pve'er
  15. Sore Steadfast Player

There's some truth to that, but I wouldn't let it get to anyone's head. There's a lot of reasons for why that can be true. Top pvp players can sometimes be cliquey and refuse to run pve outside of their league. That's not necessarily a bad thing but I wouldn't look down on a good pve player that has rough runs with unskilled pugs in tow. That's a challenging part of the pve experience.

I give pvp players credit in that you REALLY need to learn your role, powerset, weapons, trinkets, sodas, etc and all of their nuances to be competitive and that investment translates well into pve. It also helps that the pvp community shares/observes each others tactics. That also means the pvp community tends to share exploits with each other. You may choose to ban certain practices in competitive matches but then let loose in pve.
    • Like x 1
  16. renzhe New Player

[IMG]

PST = Pistachio stuffed truffle
    LOL = Lasagna ohhhh Lasagna
    OMW = Omelette mixed with Waffles
    FFA = Food for all

Y so serious? Thought this was a food thread. Serious, that I can do as well

Pvp = Polyvinylpyrrolidone, also commonly called Polyvidone or Povidone, is a water-soluble polymer made from............ snore zzzzzz
    • Like x 1
  17. Lokkii Committed Player

yea def could be some truth to that, but i know some good pvpers that arent horrible in pve, power hungry and die often etc

that being said i do know some hardcore pvers that never pvp, dosent mean they are horrible just havent put the time in.

We generally do more pve content but are by no means terrible at pvp
  18. Motive New Player

LFM = Looking For Member?