Explain 'clamped' please.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by TheHeartbreakkid, Nov 1, 2014.

1. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

So basically, as I understand, If I am 100 pvp cr and get grouped with a 0 cr, I am nerfed and they are buffed, right? So what is the point of grinding for gear? Should I just reroll a toon and pvp at level 9 and beast mofos? I didn't lose to a low level,but had way more trouble than I should. Does gear matter? If not then get rid of it altogether in pvp or que matchmaking according to cr.
  2. Captain Neos Committed Player

Your base generator mods and league bonuses are disabled. Your critical heals or attacks are capped to a number lower than the max available. Aside from that any stats you gain through sp or gear modding are untouched so there is still a point to grinding.
    • Like x 2
  3. Talve Dedicated Player

In addition to what Neos said.

If you are controller, you will lose your base VIT you gain by being in controller role (like healers lose 40% their healing out, this is to balance controllers power out).
    And people who get buffed get their stats buffed up to CR 96. So having a gear is always stat advantage.

People with very low skill points gain some "phantom skill points" as well. I'm not sure exactly how many and what is exactly selected, but even level 5 guy with 5 skill points will end up having decent critical chance/magnitude on him.

Having your gear / skills / levels is always useful as you can end up modding it, get your weapon mastery / AM and a proper loadout.
    So yes, you will probably not 1 shot them anymore, but disadvantage for not getting a gear is still pretty huge.
    • Like x 1
  4. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Where are people getting this "If I get grouped with someone lower, I get nerfed, they're buffed" idea? Didn't anyone bother reading the update notes?
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

With the new gear holding such high amount of stats the stats change from league buffs became rather huge. Instead of testing out what caused it people scream "ermagerd devs took away my work!!!!!!!!!"
    • Like x 1
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

well i farm the marks for the stylefeat + pvp weapon after that you either stop pvp and focus on other stuff or you start buying mods with your marks ... there is no point in spending marks for a cr100 Neck,Face,Rings,Breakout Item ... absolutely no point.
  7. Talve Dedicated Player

Of course people do not read update notes.
    Usual case is probably ->
    1. Farm for better gear.
    2. See the red down arrow.
    3. Get beaten by low level guy while having the arrow.
    4. Cry and complain while not knowing what actually is going on.
  8. ACW37162 Loyal Player

The way it was explained to me that made the most sense.....

Basically every stat you have health, toughness, precision, dominance, etc. even the stats you don't see like crit attack chance, damage, crit power chance etc. all have a high end ceiling value. You can not exceeds this value, i.e. clamped

It is possible with full 100 gear and enough skill points to see reductions or red down arrows on most if not all of your stats when entering an arena.

Don't know if that helps at all but it helped me understand it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player