Expectations for the Ps5 and Next gen update for DCUO, how new consoles are litteral PCs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Toshknight Loyal Player

What do you think will change in the slightest to largest , I'm curious what the community thinks is going to happen, it's obvious they will shine the game up a bit. and do the graphics thing, so it will look a bit prettier , "pretty as it can" without rebuilding assets totally,
    I'm also expecting more powers, because, in total. the ps4 and Xbox one, were essential the start of consoles. being PCs with the companies operating system on it. such as Sony has amd processor, and 8 gigabytes of memory, i think it's ddr 4, i never looked to much into the ps4 and Xbox 1, on what the specs were but i know they are nice little computers built into a pretty little box, which is awesome,

The ps5 is what console players have been waiting for, even if they don't know it, as a pc and console player, "PlayStation FTW cause of its exclusives and everything else on Xbox that is good, comes out on pc, and i can plug a Xbox or PlayStation controller into my pc, and my pc turns into a Xbox pretty much, but essentially they have finally made a affordable, entry to mid level pc into a console and it is amazing, even if your all about pc, which i was for years, from 2004 to 2013, i had the ps2 ps3 near the end of it's cycle for free , ps4, i was all about MMO, and it poisoned me, but that is a long ,, long, on a already long babble type thread, but, i got lucky and bought a generation 1 or 2, ps4 from some friends that had 2, and needed rent money and sold it to me for 100 bucks, Brand new, and it came with the last of us , and i hadn't played a console game in years that i was blown away by., i was already playing DCUO i played this on there, still don't like playing this game on a controller, cause MMO type games, are meant for keyboard and mouse, but that is changing in the last 5 years for sure, but it was wonderful, this thing really was a powerful little console, and had some muscle. mine still works great, i never got a pro, my controller, is only just starting to go out with the left joy stick, sometimes in the avengers it auto moves to the left on screen, but i really got back into console earlier this year, when my pc was down while building a new one, and i got days gone, played through the last of us again before that, i got ghost of tsushimi, Spiderman i got , still haven't finished it lol. but i love it, i just goto the prison break out.

as i said im just so happy that console players, can finally have the pc experience, not to say or assume they wanted it or w/e, but the whole. Console vs PC thing, will be in the past, yes you can always build a better computer, cause new parts come out as fast as fast as my beard grows, and it just won't really be a big thing anymore, with the ps5 and xbox, if you really don't want to have a pc, you have one pretty much when you get a next gen console,

in all i think this game is going to get many many upgrades , even though the switch version objectively doesn't have the capacity to keep growing this game, like it does on ps4/xbox and PC, but i think the switch version is it's own thing , all i hope is the poor xbox servers can merge with the ps / pc servers, cause i get so many in my stream that play on the xbox, that have no one to play with, and it sucks, i feel bad, so that's one thing i hope they can fix, being, cross platforming is becoming a huge thing, in fortnite, warzone, just to pick to newer games, that have cross platform play, hopefully daybreak, which is owned by sony, it use to be named SoE Sony online entertainment, but they changed it / "sold it " to daybreak games, which is imo a subsitiary company of Sony Online Entertainment. thats probably why xbox players aren't on our servers already, but w e will see.

This thread has been my thoughts in whole on what has happened and is going on in general with the last gen consoles. and how much they have grown, to the next gen, to match the pc very closely, because they are pcs,

But what do you think about updates coming to dcuo, what updates to you think they will have, being powers. graphical fixes. finally making a full central city or a actual 3rd main map, lol, "doubtful" but i can wish, what power do you want to see , animation changes? "duel wield stance, should be different imo, "meaning the way the player looks, after and while waiting to attack or being attacked, holding the two swords or axes exc..

i want to see more movement styles. added like specific to powers, they added the tab and we have the lantern one, and the sparkle feet lol, i want to see negative speedforce or what ever they can do , more speed force stuff in this game the better,
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

All of that is cool and all but you seem to be forgetting 1 important factor: the Nintendo switch. Nothing can be done to the game unless it can also be done there. That is nowhere near as capable. So unless they drop them, possibly I suppose, I wouldn't be getting yourself too excited about upcoming changes or additions.
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Also, console vs pc will never be a thing of the past. New consoles have caught up to probably 3yr old pc tech which as you said, continues to improve daily. Yes, they're much better now than they were but the new consoles are going to be obsolete just like all previous consoles before them where you could keep upgrading a pc. I have a great pc build, I just hate sitting at a table playing games so consoles are still my 1st choice. They're cheap enough to toss once theyre "used up" so it is what it is. At this point tho, it isn't the ps4 or xbox 1 holding things back. I don't think there's a new switch planned anytime soon and even if there was, my guess is it could only be as good as a ps4/xb1
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Who will play a game that looks good but has no fun content in it? All of these „we need new powers“ „we need better graphics“ make no sense to me if we cant even get episodes that are enjoyable!
    • Like x 4
  5. Toshknight Loyal Player

i did say the switch can't handle as much, and i believe it will be a different version of the game, they are even making a offline version of the game, did you know that?
  6. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Yeah it feels like the game is evolving....just backwards
    • Like x 2
  7. Toshknight Loyal Player

the graphics, is not important if there is not good content i agree, i was just stating the obvious, they shined the game up with the ps4 conversion, thats all i meant. and i agree with you
    • Like x 1
  8. Toshknight Loyal Player

i know i typed alot, but , i never said PCs will be the past, i said, consoles, are becoming more capable with the ps4 and xbox one, because they are pcs. and the console ware vs pc thing wont be like it use to, that's litterally all i meant, when i said that, of course pc will always have a leg up. but it doesnt mean console cant thrive to try and match the technology used in they're systems which they just did in the new ones. SSD, Lots of RAM, lots of GPU power, that's all im saying, console gamers are getting what they deserve with these new consoles.
    • Like x 1
  9. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I see a relaunch coming that means to get dcuo to work on next gen and use the ssd speed dcuo needs to move to unreal 5. Mepps also said not long ago dcuo has not had an update for ps5 yet. Meaning unreal 5. This would explain alot of things going on with dcuo the short content the mindless bounties and no fixes to powers or pvp and many other things. Its all pointless if the game moves to unreal 5 because a full revamp of powers weapons and systems would have to happen.
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

i feel like your a pvper, are you? i agree with pvp, i think the legion expansion is great it is kind of the same formula, get missions, do weekleys and dailies, but honestly. what do you want exactly ? why do you play DCUO, that isn't a jab, i just wanto know. fix pvp?, more diverse questing styles, more solo content?
  11. Toshknight Loyal Player

i get that, and it makes sense. but why would they have put a ps5 update out, barely anyone has a ps5 yet, it's the ps4 version on the ps5, it will be like that for probably another year, i think a relaunch would be amazing on unreal 5 btw
    • Like x 1
  12. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

It takes 6 months to rebuild dcuo from the ground up with the unreal engine 5. They don't have to shut the game down all they have to do is keep giving us crap small content and mindless bounties to keep us busy. When the relaunch is ready we would just wall through a partal to earth 2 also called dcuo 1.0. There isn't a need to rush the game to unreal 5 not many ppl will get a next gen console this year. The great thing about unreal 5 is dcuo can be rebuilt in 3 to 6 months. New content new powers revamps can all be done in a few weeks not months hell maybe a few days even
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That's just a myth. Devs have already stated that moving to unreal 5 is unrealistic. Would basically be easier to create a new game. People are reading wayyyy too far into mepps comment about "no changes yet". They think that means that upgrades are coming when it more likely meant that there hasn't been a need to make any changes/ fixes due to being able to be played on ps5.
    • Like x 5
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Do you have an official announcement thread or at least a dev quote? Because I feel like you read that post about someone reading a mistype in the playstation store and making videos about it becoming offline play. That again was just a forum myth that gained traction because someone decided to go all in on a rumor
    • Like x 1
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Please stop getting people excited. There is a handful of devs that work on this game. They do what they can. Expecting them to rebuild the entire game while still putting out content is just beyond impossible. Plus they've already told us they're working on a new game so that's where most of the previous team is. None of us really know what goes on and they're still keeping the game going. Asking for what y'all are talking about is too much and honestly unnecessary. There is plenty that can be done with the game as is, they just have things that need to be done 1st and time and resources are against a small team. They deserve more credit than we give them already and making posts like these adds a lot of hostility to then because we want everything done while half the population doesn't even pay to play.
    • Like x 5
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

An update for ps5 doesn't mean unreal 5. There were no major engine changes last console gen upgrade, so I doubt there will be one now. That's basically a whole new game, which they are supposedly already working on. Other than maybe faster loading times and a bit better textures etc, I dont expect much change. Especially if they are still supporting consoles like the Switch, ps4, and 360
    • Like x 2
  17. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Yeah that's not going to happen. I think what Mepps meant is an optimize port to the PS5.
    I can't remember but I think the game on a customized UE3. With a customized UE3 it could be the reason why they couldn't move to UE4. Forward compatibility issue and also they would have to rebuild all the art assets I believe.Completely agree, they might as well develop a sequel to DCUO.
  18. Goetosyrus Well-Known Player

So far it doesn't even load faster on the PS5. My wife just started on the old PS4 and I fired it up on the PS5. Both consoles are hardwired into the net. She consistently loads onto zones faster than I do. Sometimes I've entered the portal first and still been waiting to load after her. I'm not a techy person but I kinda figured at least it'd load faster lol
    • Like x 1
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh my god stop spouting this nonsense. This "DCUO 1.0" crap is all based on something Mepps said that you completely misunderstood. Stop. None of this is true.
    • Like x 7
  20. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Thats because ps5 only got the conversion patch so it would work on ps5. Apparently according to others ps5 will only get a light update for next gen. But that light update hasn't happened yet. I just don't see the devs going light on dcuo for next gen. Its way to big of a jump from last gen. This game has alot of love and fans if they don't set things right here and now nobody will play the devs other mmo
    • Like x 1