Expanding on Replay badges

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostof91, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Ghostof91 New Player

Since this game deeply centers around replay badges how about we have more functions for it containing:
    • Unlocking styles
    • Mixing styles
    • Mixing Auras
    • Enhancing chances of rare drops from vault
    • Enhancing chances of promethium boxes from kills
    So what you all think,
  2. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I think replace replay badges period. Or make them only usable for feats for alts. Replace the cash cow with more mp styles iconic inspired styles for other DC heroes not currently featured or new hairstyles and aura sales.
    • Like x 1
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

I'm fine with all your examples because they're pure vanity enhancements (with just a hint of help for getting style feats).

If there's value in unlocking all this stuff, would it make more sense to unlock these functions with Marks instead?
    • Like x 1
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Unlocking Styles is the only thing I like. Mixing Styles Im guessing you mean by Style 1 + Style 2 combines to make New Style? Mixing Auras the same thing I reckon?

Enhancing Chances of a drop shouldnt be relied on something you buy from the Marketplace. I feel it would lead down a path folks are already claiming to be here which there isn't. Prom boxes are on a timer if i recall depending on how long you play but I've only heard it, not sure if there is merit to it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ghostof91 New Player

There would be, but the point of this is to give more functions for replay badges like say you need 70 marks for a rare style, but you rather use that 70 mark on something else, but you have the choice to spend 2500 replay badges for that style, giving you more options in general.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

Well, players claimed that this game is pay to progress more so, that is basically my vision with the boxes and vault drops.
  7. ChillCat Loyal Player

Here's an alternate idea....you could buy a trinket or generator mod that would require a 30-day or 60-day recharge. I'm reminded of a Star Trek: DS9 episode called "Rivals". In the episode, a visitor brings a little thing on the station called a "gambling device" that skews the laws of probability in his favor...effectively improving his luck.

Here's the link for reference: http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Gambling_device

Purchase this trinket or mod or whatever this thing is from the marketplace. Keep it powered with Marks or RB, and it increases your "luck" for gear drops and frequency of Prom Boxes as long as it's charged. Some may see it as a money grab, but I'd be okay with that as long as I'm getting value in return.
    • Like x 2