Exobyte Titans: Casual USPS3 league

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Duskstrike, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

The Exobyte Titans are a casual USPS3 league. We just went through some changes as we re-aligned with our original goals, so our league has shrunk to a small core of players. We're people with families, day jobs, and other responsibilities, but we love playing DCUO when we can. We are also serious about our play, even though we might play less than people who are in game 5-8 hours a day. We're looking for players on USPS3 who are like us and want to join up and play together.

People use the word "casual" to mean different things, so let me explain what we mean when we say we're a casual league.

First, we are not:
    • Scoreboard chasers - If you're yelling "in your face" when the raid stats show up, you're probably not going to do well with us. We see the raid stats as a way to help us get better, but it's not a competition to see who can heal the most, or who can do the most damage. We're all on the same team.
    • Gear chasers - If you're grinding the same things multiple times a day so you can get the best gear before anyone else, you're probably not going to do well with us. We all enjoy new gear and new items like anyone else, but we want to play all facets of the game.
    • Non-stop players - It's a common occurrence for us to have to quit a little earlier than we expect to tend to kids, or spend time with family. We play when we can, but we're not the folks who play 8 hours every night.
    We are:
    • A group of players who chat about the merits of animation cancels and power interactions. We play our roles seriously (rather than the trend of people thinking their healing dpses or what-have-you). We take the raid scoreboard seriously in that we help identify problems and help you become better at your role (i.e. if the tank is doing more damage than a dps, we'll chat about loadouts and specing, etc. to find out if the dps needs to spec differently, or if the tank needs to focus on different aspects of his/her gameplay.
    • People who value playing with friends over getting gear. We regularly trade gear for no personal gain. We run whatever anyone needs, regardless of our gear tier level.
    • A league who likes the role-playing and story aspects of the game more than just running the top level content. We're not a role-playing league, but we see this game as an action MMO, not a fighter game. We like the immersion and fiction of the game. We want other players who care about the toon they've built and don't sacrifice the fiction of the game to min/max their loadout. If you turn up with a name like xXxBeastDPSKillaManxXx we're not meant for each other.
    • Players who play a couple times a week, during the evenings in central and mountain timezones, and who have a dedicated "raid night" once a week.
    If you're interested, PM me or Scarlet Letter here at the forums, or send us an in-game mail or tell. Our toon names are the same as our forum names -- Duskstrike and Scarlet Letter. You can also connect with us at our league site: http://exobytetitans.com/.
    • Like x 1
  2. Scarlet Letter New Player

An example moment that is pretty common in our league: we were running an alert, and a piece of furniture drops. We all decide that the piece of furniture would go best in a certain player's base, because it fits their character. Everyone passes on the furniture except the one person, who is grateful for it. We really do value playing with others, even if that means we're running lower level content.

Also, most of us idle in PvP phase. Prepare to be a teased if you spend time in the Care Bear land of PvE. :)
  3. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

I should have said, too, that we need all roles. We also don't mind helping new comers or people starting over on new toons.

We are primarily focused on post-30 content -- raids, alerts, PVP, etc. We do vary what content we play a lot, though, so we're not running the same stuff over and over again.
  4. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

I've added a page on our league site where people can apply for membership if interested:

http://exobytetitans.com/join

(Since we're casual and not in game every day, we use our league site heavily to coordinate our game time together.)
  5. Fighter Well-Known Player

I just rejoined this league and can't wait to play with you guys again.
  6. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

We're so glad to have you back in the league, Fighter!
  7. ray5089 New Player

I'm Interested in this league. I'd like to work on becoming a better controller for raids and such
  8. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

Stop by our league site and fill out the page at http://exobytetitans.com/join. We can chat more there at the league site about what you're looking for in a league and if we're a good fit or not.

Thanks!
  9. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

We are well stocked on Tanks and Controllers now. We still need healers and DPS.
    • Like x 1
  10. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

We've had a lot of interest from people who are even too casual for us, so maybe I played up the casual thing a bit too much here.

To help people understand our league better -- we do play every week, just not every day. :) So we're pretty serious about how we play the game -- we take our roles serious and we're focused entirely on end game content. We just do other things during the week, too, in real life, so we can't be in game every night. The two of us that lead the league do play every day during our lunch hour. And we play during the evenings about 3 days a week. Since we don't play every night, we use our league site to coordinate our play time to make the most of it when we can play together. We're pretty organized and well coordinated, even though we're more casual than pure raiding leagues.

We also are a friendly, relaxed, smaller league. If you're looking for a league to make good friends and contribute a lot to the league's success, then Exobyte Titans would be a good fit, too. Anyway, If you like the game and want to play it well but need some flexibility in your play time, I expect you'd like the Exobyte Titans.

Apply at our league site:
    http://exobytetitans.com/
    • Like x 1
  11. Fighter Well-Known Player

Well said Dusk! Please come join us, we have a lot of fun and play very well together.
  12. Fighter Well-Known Player

Welcome to our 3 newest members: AMP, Sparkman and Onikilla!
  13. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

I think we're all stocked on healers now, too. We're down to DPS as a need, which makes us unlike the rest of the game. :) We've got a couple candidates for DPS but could still make a home for the right person.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fighter Well-Known Player

We are we still looking for DPS right Dusk? Another healer might be great too!
  15. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

Yeah, Fighter, we definitely need DPS and a healer would be good, too. And honestly, we'd probably include anyone that was a good fit for us. So people should apply at the site and just see.

16. Fighter Well-Known Player

Awesome! It will be nice having more people to run with!
  17. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

We've had some folks work out and some who haven't, so we have a couple spots open for the right people. Healers and DPS will be preferred, but anyone who is a good fit is welcome.

Register at our league site and then click the "Join" link to apply:
  18. Fighter Well-Known Player

We will take any power set but seem to have all electric healers right now. So any nature or sorcery are very welcome if you are a good fit for the league. So come check us out.